talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leonardo Ulloa Completes Brighton Loan

• Administrator

confirmed he's gone to Brighton and I expect him to leave in summer on a permanent, too.

There's better strikers at the club now and he doesn't cut it for us any more.

Thankful for all the goals he's scored, some more vital than others. Good luck to him!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

will be remembered for 3 things (amongst others)

1. scoring a goal in the 2-2 draw against on our return to the Premier League in August 2014, against Everton. It nearly led to @Cannabis forcing Everton to shut the club down having not been able to beat a promoted side.

2. Scoring a couple of last minute goals against West Ham (penalty to make it 2-2) and Norwich (1-0 win). Important goals at the time for different reasons.

3. Saying he'll never play for the club again in January 2017. Went on to play 11 more times for the club. 

• Subscriber

Not one bit surprised by this move. In all honesty, it probably should've happened twelve months ago. It's sad that it went a bit sour with him in the end but that was mainly due to him being given assurances that weren't delivered by Ranieri.

A limited striker, but one who has definitely done what we've asked for. Top scorer in our first year up and a scorer of a couple of absolutely crucial goals in the title winning season. The goals against Norwich and West Ham were two of the biggest of the season, and without them it's very possible we don't win the league.

Wish him all the best. Not good enough anymore but I'll always remember him fondly.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Stan said:

will be remembered for 3 things (amongst others)

1. scoring a goal in the 2-2 draw against on our return to the Premier League in August 2014, against Everton. It nearly led to @Cannabis forcing Everton to shut the club down having not been able to beat a promoted side.

2. Scoring a couple of last minute goals against West Ham (penalty to make it 2-2) and Norwich (1-0 win). Important goals at the time for different reasons.

3. Saying he'll never play for the club again in January 2017. Went on to play 11 more times for the club. 

And effectively kept his promise with his performances. In all honesty he's been a bit of a waste of space since Christmas 2016.

I think what happened with him was part of the evidence that Ranieri dismantled the dressing room. Ulloa handled it badly himself but I could sympathise with him.

• 2 weeks later...

I confess to being shocked when he went to Leicester for £8 million (McClaren signing). Too good a fee to turn down with the Championship FFP restrictions. Limited ability but apparently his running causes defenders a bit of  a problem and his headers are powerful.  Brighton's demise was not entirely due to losing Ulloa. The providers Buckley (injured and then transferred) and Lualua were both injured and Hyypia was Manager for a bit.

If his departure was not responsible for the Albion demise I don't think his return will suddenly bring about goals. I see him being used as tactical substitute like he appeared to be used by Leicester.  His signing leaves Tomer Hemed out in the cold. Ulloa and Murray have a knack of scoring goals and Hemed hasn't. 

Archived