talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Administrator

My girlfriend has me wearing skinny jeans, I'm a 39 year old man. So of course I embraced the change. I've spent a shad load of money on Levi's 511, they're comfy as fuck.

I'm after a new coat now, something for the spring. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Needed some trainers so decided to snap up a pair of these;

adidas-mens-adidas-trainer-mens-supersta

Oooh, I have the same shoes. I think so little of them they are my work shoes. Covered in bleach, coffee, milk and other products. They were unbearably uncomfortable till I took out the insoles and cut a huge chunk from the inside side.  I would never recommend those shoes to anyone. They are also ugly.

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Thanks for the glowing review xD.

Despite having arched feet those shoes made me feel flat-footed. The insole was so thick where my foot arched it cause my feet ache after about an hour. I had even returned my original pair because I thought they were defective. You might not have that problem but just a heads up,.

55 minutes ago, Rab said:

Fitbit Blaze (Daily)

EC4DO4N.jpg

Tag Hueur Formula 1

Xgqs5n0.jpg

I love my FitBit Blaze. I wear it 24/7.

Ive bought the new Adidas Atlanta United Polo.

Other than that, i really haven't bought much worth any $$

20170314_213133.jpg

Picked up a pair of these. Every time i swear off buying Tigers but they seem to be the only brand you can find over here at the minute. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Got the Nintendo Switch on this Friday past. Liking it so far and I like that I can store it for travel pretty easily as well.

With Zelda? My brother in law has it and I'm hooked. 

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Harry said:

20170314_213133.jpg

Picked up a pair of these. Every time i swear off buying Tigers but they seem to be the only brand you can find over here at the minute. 

Yep got the new Breath of the Wild with it. No other real title I was interested in. Maybe Bomberman a little later.

P.S. I like Tigers but not the darker variety the more brighter kinds.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, Harry said:

20170314_213133.jpg

I absolutely adore Tiger Onitsuka trainers.  They just look so good!

On the subject of trainers...  Recently I bought two different pairs of Nike Cortez classic trainers and now I'm thinking about buying a pair of Adidas Stan Smith...  Now, the question here is that I've always really liked Stan Smith trainers silently but never owned a pair for one specific reason which are "chavs".  I really hate the fact of what the trainers say to me in the psyche but at the same time I hate being like that and feel restricted by it.

• Administrator

saw a link on my FB that someone bought a watch off Ottega.co.uk

They were selling watches for free as a 'promotional' offer and you only had to pay £8 postage/delivery costs.

Got this:

Image result for ottega watch

If you go on their site, they may still have the offer running. 

On 14/03/2017 at 7:40 AM, Viva la FCB said:

Ive really gotten back into magic the gathering cards in the last year if that counts! ive spent alot more then i would like to admit but its so addicting....they call it cardboard crack for a reason.

What formats you play?

On 3/14/2017 at 5:24 AM, Mel81x said:

Got the Nintendo Switch on this Friday past. Liking it so far and I like that I can store it for travel pretty easily as well.

How is that going for you? Are you experiencing any of the usual issues? Freezing, damage to the screen, broken docks, etc? I want one but I think I'll wait for the '2.0' version. You know how Nintendo loves upgrading the hardware.

5 hours ago, Romesh said:

They were selling watches for free as a 'promotional' offer and you only had to pay £8 postage/delivery costs.

Got this:

I don't like that band but that is one nice minimalist watch there mate. Shame, it's usually too hot to wear one here.

5 hours ago, Romesh said:

Got this:

Sorry to burst your bubble although it'll come with a dodgy brand on it and it's awful quality.

Source: I bought one.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't like that band but that is one nice minimalist watch there mate. Shame, it's usually too hot to wear one here.

I like minimalist tbh. Have had this watch in the past:

Image result for police watch silver black

and currently have this one:

Image result for hugo boss blue silver watch roman numerals

12 minutes ago, Rab said:

Sorry to burst your bubble although it'll come with a dodgy brand on it and it's awful quality.

Source: I bought one.

haha, will see how it goes. may use it sparingly depending on how shit it turns out to be. no-one else needs to know it's a dodgy brand :D 

8 minutes ago, Romesh said:

I like minimalist tbh. Have had this watch in the past:

and currently have this one:

Image result for hugo boss blue silver watch roman numerals

haha, will see how it goes. may use it sparingly depending on how shit it turns out to be. no-one else needs to know it's a dodgy brand :D 

Oooh, I love the Nazi watch. I'm looking for a watch to pair with a nice dark leather band; of course I probably won't buy it because it'll be expensive.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

How is that going for you? Are you experiencing any of the usual issues? Freezing, damage to the screen, broken docks, etc? I want one but I think I'll wait for the '2.0' version. You know how Nintendo loves upgrading the hardware.

So far haven't had a problem with it. The usual screen tearing that has been reported by so many people online really hasn't plagued me but then again the only two games I really have played are BotW and S-Bomberman. As for hardware upgrades I think they'll do a new controller style and do away with the joycon config they have going with the wrist-bands but I can't see them needing to do much more. The only gripe I have is with the stand on the back that flips out to offer a vertical watching position. Sometimes I think if you accidentally try and tip it that it will break in half but its been sturdy so far.

Archived