talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Got my Echo Dot arriving tonight. Never had an Echo or a smart speaker so not really sure if I'll use it much but I had a voucher.

doubles up as a bluetooth speaker if nothing else so atleast there's that and the voice-command system is rather nice. Toyed with it a lot when I had a regular Echo but it became less of a tool and more of a speaker over time. I like that it does remember my alarms and gives me a heads up as I generally don't keep my phone near me at all times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought new glasses today. Went from black and rectangular, to see-through and round.

saul_smoke_profile_copy.png

At £97 they're not cheap but not hugely dear. Plus it's Ace and Tate, who have great service and who I've heard only good things about. Some of my pals order theirs online and get glasses ridiculously cheap, but I like having a store I can go back to for adjustments etc, and I'd rather buy something I know is quality if they're going to be on my face from morning to night. 

16 hours ago, Inverted said:

Bought new glasses today. Went from black and rectangular, to see-through and round.

saul_smoke_profile_copy.png

At £97 they're not cheap but not hugely dear. Plus it's Ace and Tate, who have great service and who I've heard only good things about. Some of my pals order theirs online and get glasses ridiculously cheap, but I like having a store I can go back to for adjustments etc, and I'd rather buy something I know is quality if they're going to be on my face from morning to night. 

Did you check out iolla? They do a similar style to that. No idea of price though.

4 hours ago, Rab said:

Did you check out iolla? They do a similar style to that. No idea of price though.

Iolla's stuff looked really good, and their base rate is a bit cheaper. 

The thing is, because my eyes are so different in their prescriptions, one needs to be thinned differently to equalise it with the other. Most places charge like £40 even £50 for this, but Ace and Tate do it free. 

Iolla might do it free, idk. But once I heard that, I leapt onboard with A&T. Might have saved a bit, but with glasses I take the attitude that if you get a pair you're happy with, then it's only a once every 2 or 3 year expense. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered myself a new turntable and some speakers during the sales last week. I currently have a little record player, but it's more like a gimmick than a proper listening experience, and I've been gifted some nice records that I'd like to be able to play properly. 

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Ordered myself a new turntable and some speakers during the sales last week. I currently have a little record player, but it's more like a gimmick than a proper listening experience, and I've been gifted some nice records that I'd like to be able to play properly. 

I was gifted a pretty sick record player and floor standing speakers so I've been beginning to buy more records. It's a weirdly satisfying listening experience.

1 minute ago, Rab said:

I was gifted a pretty sick record player and floor standing speakers so I've been beginning to buy more records. It's a weirdly satisfying listening experience.

I know it makes almost no sense but I find reading, or just lying down, with a record spinning in the background to be very soothing.

• Subscriber
On 06/12/2019 at 19:04, Inverted said:

What kind of turntable is it? I've always contemplated getting one but can never get around to actually buying one.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber
On 08/07/2019 at 13:23, Mel81x said:

Went in to get two watches serviced this weekend and walked out with this.

protrek-wsd-f20a-buaae.jpg

I thought i'd get a Garmin originally but this turned out to be a pretty decent purchase as I am going snorkeling and diving in a few weeks and wanted something with a large dial. 

This looks really good. 

• Subscriber

Definitely havent seen this thread in awhile. More magic cards here :ph34r:

Also going to be buying a new hood for the mustang... I found an excuse to do it. Going to have to get it painted though to so will be an big hit.. saving up for a bit first. 

Not exactly materialism but sometime this summer/spring going to be taking motorcycle lessons. Got my learners permit last summer but shit got shut down before I could do anything. 

• Subscriber
On 13/03/2017 at 19:40, Batard said:

My girlfriend has me wearing skinny jeans, I'm a 39 year old man. So of course I embraced the change. I've spent a shad load of money on Levi's 511, they're comfy as fuck.

I'm after a new coat now, something for the spring. 

Any pics?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

So randomly came across this girl on reddit from Slovenia that does oil on canvas paintings of cars and she's really talented. Prices where quite reasonable especially including shipping and to half way around the world for that matter so I took the plunge and ordered one off her about 2 months ago. Just got it last week im super psyched with how it turned out.

IMG_20210702_180957.jpg

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

So randomly came across this girl on reddit from Slovenia that does oil on canvas paintings of cars and she's really talented. Prices where quite reasonable especially including shipping and to half way around the world for that matter so I took the plunge and ordered one off her about 2 months ago. Just got it last week im super psyched with how it turned out.

IMG_20210702_180957.jpg

Nice. Very nice.

• 2 months later...

Archived