talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

So did anyone find a real bargain in yesterday's Black Friday madness?

My wife got me some jeans (Replay), wool jumper and a shirt (Gant)...  Apparently she saved over £300 with all three garments. 

Leicester had a decent sale so I got a white away kit at half price and a hoodie at 40% off. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Leicester had a decent sale so I got a white away kit at half price and a hoodie at 40% off. 

That's a decent discount considering we're not even halfway through the season yet. 

As a matter of interest... Do you wear football gear on a cuasual day out?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That's a decent discount considering we're not even halfway through the season yet. 

As a matter of interest... Do you wear football gear on a cuasual day out?

Nope. I play football once/twice a week so they get their airtime then. 

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Club site or third party?

Club. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nope. I play football once/twice a week so they get their airtime then. 

Club. 

The reason I asked was because of the hoodie detail. 

I haven't worn football stuff casually since I was in my teens but I'm starting to see adult men doing it a lot more in recent times than some time back. I was just curious. 

Think I'll be getting a new laptop tomorrow. I've got a decent bit saved up so I'm thinking I'll splash about £700 on an Acer A15 gaming model rather than get a basic notebook - I need a better processor and more memory for the new Football Manager :D

But I do think I would play more games if it wasn't for my laptop basically melting when I try anything more than FM, and in fact these days it's even starting to overheat if I play that. Plus it's generally slow as fuck and not very portable or pleasing on the eye. And the noise has gotten so bad that I'm too embarrassed to bring it to uni.

So I'm trying to tell myself it's mostly a purchase of practicality, considering that I can't really get through the rest of uni without a new laptop of some kind.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The reason I asked was because of the hoodie detail. 

I haven't worn football stuff casually since I was in my teens but I'm starting to see adult men doing it a lot more in recent times than some time back. I was just curious. 

Ah the hoodie stuff yeah I wear casually mate. Mainly winter of course but I prefer zip through hoodies. Easier to take on and off haha. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Think I'll be getting a new laptop tomorrow. I've got a decent bit saved up so I'm thinking I'll splash about £700 on an Acer A15 gaming model rather than get a basic notebook - I need a better processor and more memory for the new Football Manager :D

But I do think I would play more games if it wasn't for my laptop basically melting when I try anything more than FM, and in fact these days it's even starting to overheat if I play that. Plus it's generally slow as fuck and not very portable or pleasing on the eye. And the noise has gotten so bad that I'm too embarrassed to bring it to uni.

So I'm trying to tell myself it's mostly a purchase of practicality, considering that I can't really get through the rest of uni without a new laptop of some kind.

If you wanna game do yourself a favor and just buy a normal pc, there are powerful laptops but they're quite more expensive than a pc of the same specs, also they do tend to get very hot (gaming ones), and batteries last very little.

47 minutes ago, Berserker said:

If you wanna game do yourself a favor and just buy a normal pc, there are powerful laptops but they're quite more expensive than a pc of the same specs, also they do tend to get very hot (gaming ones), and batteries last very little.

I really would prefer to be able to bring my computer in and out of uni. Even if the battery is shit, if I can at least have it for a couple of hours in a seminar it's quite handy. 

Ideally, I could get a decent PC and also a basic laptop for uni, but that would be overkill for my budget I think, so the compromise is a reasonably powerful laptop.

Once I'm done with uni I'll start saving for a proper PC but for now mobility is a must.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Visited IKEA for the first time today. 

Fuck me.

I loves going there when I bought all the stuff for my new place xD

Took a few hours but got so much for reasonable amount of money! 

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I bought a guitar - 2013 Gibson SG 70s Tribute. Always wanted an SG.

Now I'm off to play Black Sabbath songs and pretend I'm Tony Iommi.

what color is it? That's a really nice piece of gear.

On 25/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, SirBalon said:

So did anyone find a real bargain in yesterday's Black Friday madness?

My wife got me some jeans (Replay), wool jumper and a shirt (Gant)...  Apparently she saved over £300 with all three garments. 

Hold on. Jeans, jumper and a shirt and she SAVED 300??!! How much do you spend on gear you maniac? 😂

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Hold on. Jeans, jumper and a shirt and she SAVED 300??!! How much do you spend on gear you maniac? 😂

he lives in London mate. bargains for him.

35 minutes ago, FOYM said:

Hahaha My wife bought the gear... I don't usually spend as much but she knows which clothes I like and the reductions were apparently very good. I was working that day and couldn't go!

The jeans themselves were apparently nearly £300 before the Black Friday sale...  She got them for £140 and now they're back to their original price. 

11 hours ago, Mel81x said:

what color is it? That's a really nice piece of gear.

It's a faded red. I bought it used from a friend who I jam with pretty frequently. I loved the guitar, he's got a shitload, and he's just ordered a custom PRS. It's got these really awesome pickups I've never heard of (Gibson "Dirty Fingers" - lol - passive but insanely high output) that are fucking great and most importantly to me, it's got 24 frets. I like having two full octaves. Got it for pretty cheap too, I can take a picture and put it up here when I'm back home if you want.

I'm very pleased with it :D

Archived