talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Help me out guys...

A bit lost in choosing between these two Camper shoes in terms of colour. The dark ones are black and not a very dark blue.

Think shorts as well as jeans and chinos,

K100280-004_F.jpg

K100280-003_F.jpg

• Subscriber
On 5/3/2018 at 00:44, Rab said:

What about a WiFi enabled Washing Machine?

Just curious. What does the WiFi component do? Let you set timings for loads, etc? Or does it do something else?

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Help me out guys...

A bit lost in choosing between these two Camper shoes in terms of colour. The dark ones are black and not a very dark blue.

Think shorts as well as jeans and chinos,

K100280-004_F.jpg

K100280-003_F.jpg

Brown all day long. The top pair aren't very summer oriented and the bottom pair have more color matching possibilities.

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What do you guys think of this polo shirt by English brand Sunspel.  Click on the image to see it better... It's in navy/off white in a jacquard cotton design.

I like the fabric but it looks like the collar is one of those that needs to be button up - which can be very annoying. I hate it when shirts have collars that don't cooperate.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

I like the fabric but it looks like the collar is one of those that needs to be button up - which can be very annoying. I hate it when shirts have collars that don't cooperate.

I've got two others by them and before I bought my first I was scared of that too as I have never ever buttoned up to the top either a shirt or a polo shirt as I think that looks absolutely stupid and awkward. Once you fill it, it holds well mate.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've got two others by them and before I bought my first I was scared of that too as I have never ever buttoned up to the top either a shirt or a polo shirt as I think that looks absolutely stupid and awkward. Once you fill it, it holds well mate.

I have serveral shirts that have those fucking buttons on the collar that attach the collar to the chest. They look absolutely abhorent when they aren't buttoned to the top, so I rarely wear them as it isn't comfortable. The only shirt I will button the top is that aforementioned Fred Perry - mainly because it fits well and doesn't choke me.

55 minutes ago, Danny said:

@Spike get yourself a Harrington jacket and a small chequered shirt for the evenings and you've sorted your pub attire day and night

I do want a harrington haha, specifically a Baracuta. $$$$ though.

The great thing about the Harrington is that you're set for almost the whole year if where you live geographically it doesn't have weather extremes of one end of the bar to the other (oh, and doesn't rain a lot).

Plus combined properly it looks damned smart.

Visited the Orlebar Brown website once again (got to go to their store which is situated on Saville Row) to buy a t-shirt. The t-shirt is made up from Italian cotton and Scottish linen where the fabric is then sewn up and made into a t-shirt in England.

I really recommend this brand... It's top notch and they really do take care in everything they provide as a product as do Sunspel.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Got myself one of these over the weekend.

76-Fender-Jazz-Bass.jpg

Doesn't have the bridge guard or that horrible shiny metal crap but its excellent for bass work and I did manage to get it in the cherry burst colour as the pic.

30 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

76-Fender-Jazz-Bass.jpg

Doesn't have the bridge guard or that horrible shiny metal crap but its excellent for bass work and I did manage to get it in the cherry burst colour as the pic.

Nice mate. You play a lot of bass?

Great instrument!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nice mate. You play a lot of bass?

Great instrument!

Started when I was 9 and have been playing it on and off for about 18 years now. Used to have an old Yamaha and a slightly nicer Fender Squier Dimension but figured it was time to get one of these. I've had my eye on it for years. Quite opportune too as someone is looking to get into a studio and do some fill work for the Bass so this has come at a nice time.

Do you play the bass too?

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 04:33, Mel81x said:

76-Fender-Jazz-Bass.jpg

Let's start a band.

Archived