Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

4 hours ago, Storts said:

Now I just feel like a dick that people put my feeble attempt at quoting Teenage Dirtbag literally.

I wish I was in SoCal right now!

Hahaha I forgot about all about that song until you just mentioned it. Would've been cool if you were here though - could have met up at the concert for some beers & Maiden.

My first CD of classical which is the first step to one day hopefully becoming an old bag.

5953d3644a5f7_SergeiProkofiev.thumb.jpe.8696c6917c49e267518ff2e5157b133d.jpe

Don't mind the crumbs. :ph34r:

On 14/06/2017 at 10:01 PM, Lucas said:

I've three weddings to go to this year so I've splashed out on the following today.

navy.jpg.9302ea11c00887640bd50b4424608c09.jpg

299483_main.jpg.8912170f5ffc66df5aeb55aca2232f4f.jpg

Love wearing a good suit.

Bought exactly the same for a wedding last year from Moss Bros. It has since become my Christmas party suit too.

Works well with a blue waistcoat surprisingly.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Calvin Klein Underwear - different class.

Picked up quite a few pairs myself while in Orlando. Comfort levels through the roof.

33 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

i had my girlfriend buy me some. ridiculously comfortable. 

47 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Indeed!

I've tried all types of brands and Calvin Klein are by far the most comfortable. It's almost as if they're tailor made. 

Agree on the underwear front. (Nice pun I know)

Never used to get the deal with expensive underwear! But now have some nice FCUK, and Paul Smith ones. Tasty.

Bought a pair of Sennheiser headphones, I was wanting to buy a pair since many months and finally decided on buying these, the PXC 550 model. They costed me a lot but this was my dream purchase so didn't stop myself with going ahead. Was in a dilemma if I should go with the momentum model but when I tried both I liked PXC a lot more which also has noise cancellation option to it. Image from google

PXC 550

On 28/06/2017 at 2:53 AM, Storts said:

Now I just feel like a dick that people put my feeble attempt at quoting Teenage Dirtbag literally.

I wish I was in SoCal right now!

I got your reference baby!

So did anyone find a real bargain in yesterday's Black Friday madness?

My wife got me some jeans (Replay), wool jumper and a shirt (Gant)...  Apparently she saved over £300 with all three garments. 

It is hard to tell what a legit bargain. Some stock is just end of the line anyway.

The best place for bargains is John Lewis technology department when people return their unwanted and unopened gifts after Christmas.

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

So did anyone find a real bargain in yesterday's Black Friday madness?

My wife got me some jeans (Replay), wool jumper and a shirt (Gant)...  Apparently she saved over £300 with all three garments. 

Leicester had a decent sale so I got a white away kit at half price and a hoodie at 40% off. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Leicester had a decent sale so I got a white away kit at half price and a hoodie at 40% off. 

That's a decent discount considering we're not even halfway through the season yet. 

As a matter of interest... Do you wear football gear on a cuasual day out?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Club site or third party?

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

That's a decent discount considering we're not even halfway through the season yet. 

As a matter of interest... Do you wear football gear on a cuasual day out?

Nope. I play football once/twice a week so they get their airtime then. 

18 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Club site or third party?

Club. 

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

Nope. I play football once/twice a week so they get their airtime then. 

Club. 

The reason I asked was because of the hoodie detail. 

I haven't worn football stuff casually since I was in my teens but I'm starting to see adult men doing it a lot more in recent times than some time back. I was just curious. 

Think I'll be getting a new laptop tomorrow. I've got a decent bit saved up so I'm thinking I'll splash about £700 on an Acer A15 gaming model rather than get a basic notebook - I need a better processor and more memory for the new Football Manager :D

But I do think I would play more games if it wasn't for my laptop basically melting when I try anything more than FM, and in fact these days it's even starting to overheat if I play that. Plus it's generally slow as fuck and not very portable or pleasing on the eye. And the noise has gotten so bad that I'm too embarrassed to bring it to uni.

So I'm trying to tell myself it's mostly a purchase of practicality, considering that I can't really get through the rest of uni without a new laptop of some kind.

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The reason I asked was because of the hoodie detail. 

I haven't worn football stuff casually since I was in my teens but I'm starting to see adult men doing it a lot more in recent times than some time back. I was just curious. 

Ah the hoodie stuff yeah I wear casually mate. Mainly winter of course but I prefer zip through hoodies. Easier to take on and off haha. 

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Think I'll be getting a new laptop tomorrow. I've got a decent bit saved up so I'm thinking I'll splash about £700 on an Acer A15 gaming model rather than get a basic notebook - I need a better processor and more memory for the new Football Manager :D

But I do think I would play more games if it wasn't for my laptop basically melting when I try anything more than FM, and in fact these days it's even starting to overheat if I play that. Plus it's generally slow as fuck and not very portable or pleasing on the eye. And the noise has gotten so bad that I'm too embarrassed to bring it to uni.

So I'm trying to tell myself it's mostly a purchase of practicality, considering that I can't really get through the rest of uni without a new laptop of some kind.

If you wanna game do yourself a favor and just buy a normal pc, there are powerful laptops but they're quite more expensive than a pc of the same specs, also they do tend to get very hot (gaming ones), and batteries last very little.

47 minutes ago, Berserker said:

If you wanna game do yourself a favor and just buy a normal pc, there are powerful laptops but they're quite more expensive than a pc of the same specs, also they do tend to get very hot (gaming ones), and batteries last very little.

I really would prefer to be able to bring my computer in and out of uni. Even if the battery is shit, if I can at least have it for a couple of hours in a seminar it's quite handy. 

Ideally, I could get a decent PC and also a basic laptop for uni, but that would be overkill for my budget I think, so the compromise is a reasonably powerful laptop.

Once I'm done with uni I'll start saving for a proper PC but for now mobility is a must.

I couldn't think of doing anything worse than going shopping surrounded by thousands of knobheads out for the first bargain they can find

55 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Visited IKEA for the first time today. 

Fuck me.

How many holes did you discover in your wallet is the apt question to ask here.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Visited IKEA for the first time today. 

Fuck me.

I loves going there when I bought all the stuff for my new place xD

Took a few hours but got so much for reasonable amount of money! 

46 minutes ago, Stan said:

I loves going there when I bought all the stuff for my new place xD

Took a few hours but got so much for reasonable amount of money! 

The second word in your first sentence makes you sound like Gollum! xD

I bought a guitar - 2013 Gibson SG 70s Tribute. Always wanted an SG.

Now I'm off to play Black Sabbath songs and pretend I'm Tony Iommi.

• Upvote 1