talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha My wife bought the gear... I don't usually spend as much but she knows which clothes I like and the reductions were apparently very good. I was working that day and couldn't go!

The jeans themselves were apparently nearly £300 before the Black Friday sale...  She got them for £140 and now they're back to their original price. 

I always find, people tend to go for electrical items at these sales or this Black friday and they are brainwashed to buy something,  I saw people fighting over a Blaupunkt TV!  the day before I bet no one would of touched that make with a barge pole.  so regarding clothes, you will get better deals. 

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a faded red. I bought it used from a friend who I jam with pretty frequently. I loved the guitar, he's got a shitload, and he's just ordered a custom PRS. It's got these really awesome pickups I've never heard of (Gibson "Dirty Fingers" - lol - passive but insanely high output) that are fucking great and most importantly to me, it's got 24 frets. I like having two full octaves. Got it for pretty cheap too, I can take a picture and put it up here when I'm back home if you want.

I'm very pleased with it :D

Please do haha. I played a Studio 50s Tribute some years back and fell in love till I saw the price.

16 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

and they are brainwashed to buy something, 

This is a fact! Brainwashed into buying something they don't need. The companies employ the best psychologists and social analysts money can buy... They know exactly how the brain functions into making people believe they need something. 

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Please do haha. I played a Studio 50s Tribute some years back and fell in love till I saw the price.

Not home yet, but remembered I took a picture at some point yesterday.

Apparently I've got to host it somewhere now and I don't know where to do that - but apparently I can't just post it into the post from my phone.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Not home yet, but remembered I took a picture at some point yesterday.

Apparently I've got to host it somewhere now and I don't know where to do that - but apparently I can't just post it into the post from my phone.

nvm I see it as your profile pic. Definitely a good buy. I'd have this over the PRS even if that thing is custom.

3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

nvm I see it as your profile pic. Definitely a good buy. I'd have this over the PRS even if that thing is custom.

Haha yeah I made it my profile pic as a workaround. It's also a cool profile pic imo.

I thought my next guitar would have a Floyd Rose... but I couldn't be more happy with the decision to purchase it. I assume his PRS will be really fantastic tbh, but I'm more than happy to get a great guitar at less than half what I would have got it in a shop for. I like that it doesn't have the traditional Gibson tuners as well & has a set of Grover tuners. Nothing really wrong with the Gibson ones tbh, but that ugly green plastic is... ugly.

• Subscriber

I quite like watches, have a small collection. I've been following a company MVMT watches since they started out a few years ago i think now. Finally bit the bullet and ordered the one ive wanted on the black friday deals, was free shipping world wide and 20% off so i paid about 165$ candian with taxes.

MVMT.jpg

9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I quite like watches, have a small collection. I've been following a company MVMT watches since they started out a few years ago i think now. Finally bit the bullet and ordered the one ive wanted on the black friday deals, was free shipping world wide and 20% off so i paid about 165$ candian with taxes.

MVMT.jpg

When's it coming to you? Let us know how they are - they're a sponsor of a few podcasts I listen to on my way to work and I've looked on their site and there's a lot of nice looking watches. Nice looking watch btw :91_thumbsup:

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

When's it coming to you? Let us know how they are - they're a sponsor of a few podcasts I listen to on my way to work and I've looked on their site and there's a lot of nice looking watches. Nice looking watch btw :91_thumbsup:

3-10 business days it says. I agree they have alot of classic, simple and clean watches and they're fairly reasonably priced. Cheers ill report back once i get it.

• 1 month later...

Well - With my University winning the National Championship in American Football last week, I have purchased 2 shirts, and a new pair of socks. Here are the socks:

91yKx+Cd6CL._SS135_.png

I also have bought some new socks for Ultra Running ($17/pair) as well as an entry into another race, the Sweet H2O 50k.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Rab said:

Yeah, I had wanted one for as long as I can remember so I saved up for it.

I feel the same way about Breitling, but no matter how much I love it, I just can't justify spending 2-3 grand on a watch... :60_sweat: Maybe one day haha. At least I know what my first buy would be after winning a jackpot xD 

5 minutes ago, nudge said:

I feel the same way about Breitling, but no matter how much I love it, I just can't justify spending 2-3 grand on a watch... :60_sweat: Maybe one day haha. At least I know what my first buy would be after winning a jackpot xD 

The Tag Hueur Monaco is my current dream although at 4 grand it is way out of my league.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How's the watch mate?

Eh I completely forgot to follow up! I love it, just as gorgeous in person. So far its seemed pretty durable, although ive been pretty careful. Im always a tad hesitant with coloured bands these days as ive had a handful over the years get scratched and dinged really easily. It came package quite well, the box was nice but an extra little thing i noticed they had a pull tab of plastic on the battery so the battery was unused.

On 28/11/2017 at 23:37, FOYM said:

Hold on. Jeans, jumper and a shirt and she SAVED 300??!! How much do you spend on gear you maniac? 😂

Balons clothes won't be on their way out in a years time after a few washes though 

58 minutes ago, Danny said:

Balons clothes won't be on their way out in a years time after a few washes though 

xD

Love clothes to be honest...

Especially denim.  I actually bought myself a denim shirt (Replay Jeans) reduced from £95 to £46 the other day so I reckon I got a bargain.

Archived