talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Materialism: What have you bought recently?

football forum

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, nudge said:

A nice watch definitely makes a man look more classy, stylish and professional, in addition to it embodying craftmanship. Not to mention that forearms are one of the sexiest male body parts that automatically draw attention, and a watch makes it even better and well, simply more masculine. 

Besides, it's still the most convenient way to tell time instead of having to take your shit smartphone out of the pocket every time, especially during a conversation or a social situation where it's simply not acceptable.

agreed with this and thought the same when I was in a meeting at work tonight. You can take a sly look at your watch to check on the time but you can't exactly do that with a phone without looking like an ignorant and uninterested prick. 

I haven't bought one yet but I quite like the look of those Amazon Echo Dot things.  A couple of my friends have one and it seems like a nice bit of technology.  What I don't like about it, however, is the fact that there'd be an object in the house listening to everything...  Freaks me out a bit...

• 3 weeks later...

Help me out guys...

Gonna buy a new pair of trainers and these are the options right now.  Which ones do you like more?

nike-internationalist-court-blue-shoe-82

Nike Internationalist (Blue / Yellow)

£67

waffle-racer-17-shoe.jpg

Nike Waffle Racer 17 "Premium" (Green / Black)

£85

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Help me out guys...

Gonna buy a new pair of trainers and these are the options right now.  Which ones do you like more?

nike-internationalist-court-blue-shoe-82

Nike Internationalist (Blue / Yellow)

£67

waffle-racer-17-shoe.jpg

Nike Waffle Racer 17 "Premium" (Green / Black)

£85

These ones 

Image result for adidas originals beckenbauer

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Why? :)

Because they look better :P I like the colour better, its a more classic look, and also I'm not a fan of the material of the green ones, looks like cheap plastic. 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Because they look better :P I like the colour better, its a more classic look, and also I'm not a fan of the material of the green ones, looks like cheap plastic. 

Yeah, I like the colour better on the blue ones because they remind me of a pair of trainers I had when I was 12 or 13 I think.  They were called Nike Roadrunner and were like these.

7f298d0c16822f818692bb4b918677a0.jpg

It's a shame they haven't brought back that model with all the retro stuff coming back. Nike have redone their Cortez range and have also brought back the Internationalist (the ones you like) and the Pegasus.  But the ones I'd really like are these ones you see in the picture on this post.  Funnily enough the model is a mix between the colours on the Internationalist while the aesthetics of the trainer are more like the Waffle Racer with its sleekness which is great for shorts and most summer clothes.

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not at all :)

It was £189.99 from Argos. 

Comes with build in speakers and it's really, really comfy. Perfect for playing games (which is what I've bought it for) or sitting at a desk. 

I've got a room where I watch football and I'm thinking two for when a mate of mine comes round.  Argos!  WOW! ;)

Just now, Cannabis said:

I'm sure it would be perfect for that :). Sadly doesn't come with a beer holder though! xD

Notcied that, but one can improvise hahahaha.

There are some others I've looked at in the past but they're all around the £1,000 mark and I've already got some nice sofas in there. (to be honest, I stand even at home while watching games)

• 1 month later...

Just bought myself a pair of white jeans. They're in fashion and I've thought long and hard before deciding to take the plunge and buy a pair because you really do have to know how to combine everything else you wear with them. But they do look smart for summer. 

The pair I bought are Calvin Klein.

Archived