talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will be the Worst Team at the World Cup?

Worst Team at Russia 2018  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the worst team at the World Cup?

• Tunisia
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Peru
    • Australia
    • Senegal
    • Other (state below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/18 at 11:00

• Administrator

we've got threads for top goalscorer and who will win the competition - what about the other end of the stick?

Who gets the most coveted wooden spoon you could ask for?

Whether this is based on least goals scored, most conceded, worst 'brand' of football, most boring etc etc, you can decide in the poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's got to be Panama. I saw them in the World Cup qualifiers and at times they can be dreadful. I think Saudi Arabia have a bit more about them and have an easier group.

Senegal and Peru shouldn't be on that list.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

It's got to be Panama. I saw them in the World Cup qualifiers and at times they can be dreadful. I think Saudi Arabia have a bit more about them and have an easier group.

Don't know if Saudi Arabia is going to be able to put on a show against Russia or Uruguay personally. The kicker might be Egypt but even there I rate their chances very low.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

Don't know if Saudi Arabia is going to be able to put on a show against Russia or Uruguay personally. The kicker might be Egypt but even there I rate their chances very low.

I've seen both Saudi Arabia and Panama and Saudi Arabia at least have some quality. Panama have spirit but sometimes that's not enough if you're as bad tactically as they are.

Australia could also be the worst. In terms of quality shown, they'll do better than the 2 above but they might lose all 3 games like last time.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Blue said:

on second thoughts, I agree with this. An oversight on my part. 

None of the above.

Realistically, the teams listed above aren't expected to do much in the World Cup so if the teams above meet expectations of being pretty awful, can they be defined as the "worst"? Surely it's worse for the defined 'bigger' nations to fail and not qualify for the knockouts than for the above teams to meet expectations and not qualify?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I've seen both Saudi Arabia and Panama and Saudi Arabia at least have some quality. Panama have spirit but sometimes that's not enough if you're as bad tactically as they are.

Australia could also be the worst. In terms of quality shown, they'll do better than the 2 above but they might lose all 3 games like last time.

I think the Aussies have a better chance than Saudi Arabia and from the matches Panama plays I think they stand a chance against Tunisia of walking out of it with a point at least. In terms of the Saudis I am trying to think of where the attack options are going to line up against Egypt who got better as their WC Qualifying campaign went on. That said this is the WC and anything is really possible. I honestly hope we don't see any teams get totally mauled but the more I look at the groups the more I am convinced we're going to see a walloping of Saudi Arabia by Russia or Uruguay.

Uruguay don't wallop anyone. Their style of play is so horribly dull that they usually win by 2 goals at most. Russia could possibly do it though.

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Uruguay don't wallop anyone. Their style of play is so horribly dull that they usually win by 2 goals at most. Russia could possibly do it though.

Uruguay, the nation who kept clean sheets against Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, the world's greatest side, Peru, Paraguay, Venezuela x2 and Argentina and scored more than 2 goals in five qualification games? 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Uruguay, the nation who kept clean sheets against Bolivia, Colombia, Chile, the world's greatest side, Peru, Paraguay, Venezuela x2 and Argentina and scored more than 2 goals in five qualification games? 

How is that walloping though?

They walloped Chile, Colombia and Paraguay but that's because they just used set pieces to beat them. They began to lose and draw a lot of games once they were found out. Mexico were the first to beat the frauds the way they should.

If Saudi Arabia are anything decent in the air or can combat the Uruguayan headers, there is no chance they'll lose more than by 2 goals.

Just now, Blue said:

How is that walloping though?

They walloped Chile, Colombia and Paraguay but that's because they just used set pieces to beat them. They began to lose and draw a lot of games once they were found out. Mexico were the first to beat the frauds the way they should.

If Saudi Arabia are anything decent in the air or can combat the Uruguayan headers, there is no chance they'll lose more than by 2 goals.

They scored more than 2 goals in five of their eighteen games, winning all five games. Do they need to wallop teams in a South American qualification process that is, arguably, the hardest qualification process there is in the World?

Saudi Arabia have conceded 2+ goals in 7 of their 15 games in 2017 (47%). That includes games against such heavyweights as Oman, Ghana, Australia, Jamaica, the UAE and Cambodia. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

They scored more than 2 goals in five of their eighteen games, winning all five games. Do they need to wallop teams in a South American qualification process that is, arguably, the hardest qualification process there is in the World?

Saudi Arabia have conceded 2+ goals in 7 of their 15 games in 2017 (47%). That includes games against such heavyweights as Oman, Ghana, Australia, Jamaica, the UAE and Cambodia. 

You're proving here that you don't know much about football.

Uruguay only won by more than 2 goals (learn to read) in 4 matches, and all of them came early in the qualification process. Then look at their 2017. It was awful. They won 2 of 6. Most of their goals early in the qualification came from set pieces. Once you learn how to shut those off, you will win or lose very narrowly. Mexico were the first to find them out, Venezuela followed up on that in the Copa America.

They've been outrageously lucky. They play like a Tony Pulis side. I've seen Godin in person and he's a monster. Its no wonder he scores so many headers. Suarez is literally the only bit of creativity they have. Everything else they rely on the air to win.

Just now, Blue said:

You're proving here that you don't know much about football.

Uruguay only won by more than 2 goals (learn to read) in 4 matches, and all of them came early in the qualification process. Then look at their 2017. It was awful. They won 2 of 6. Most of their goals early in the qualification came from set pieces. Once you learn how to shut those off, you will win or lose very narrowly. Mexico were the first to find them out, Venezuela followed up on that in the Copa America.

They've been outrageously lucky. They play like a Tony Pulis side. I've seen Godin in person and he's a monster. Its no wonder he scores so many headers. Suarez is literally the only bit of creativity they have. Everything else they rely on the air to win.

How am I?

Did they win five of their qualification games by scoring 3+ goals in the process? Yes, they did.

In 2017 Uruguay lost to Brazil, lost to the greatest team on the planet, gained credible points at Argentina and Venezuela (a country that have only lost in their homeland twice since the start of 2016) and beat Paraguay and Bolivia. 

They'll do better in the World Cup than Peru, whether your bitterness can accept that, or not.

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

How am I?

Did they win five of their qualification games by scoring 3+ goals in the process? Yes, they did.

In 2017 Uruguay lost to Brazil, lost to the greatest team on the planet, gained credible points at Argentina and Venezuela (a country that have only lost in their homeland twice since the start of 2016) and beat Paraguay and Bolivia. 

They'll do better in the World Cup than Peru, whether your bitterness can accept that, or not.

We are much much better than Uruguay, and I think you'll find any South American will agree with you because they saw the games and didn't just read stats like you do.

We played Uruguay more recently and absolutely pinned them to their own half. They are a horribly dull side whether you like it or not.

Chile will be missed in the World Cup because they are still a very good side, better than us I'd say. They are also better than Colombia and Uruguay. And they didn't gain credible points at Argentina, they lost 1-0 there FFS xD

Venezuela only twice lost since 2016. I love how when its convenient you ignore Peru's stats and to prove your point you read others. We didn't lost a single game in 2017, gained credible points at Argentina and Venezuela, battered Paraguay, beat Bolivia and lost to Brazil the greatest team on the planet.

You're an idiot, accept that whether your bitterness can't.

Just now, Blue said:

We are much much better than Uruguay, and I think you'll find any South American will agree with you because they saw the games and didn't just read stats like you do.

We played Uruguay more recently and absolutely pinned them to their own half. They are a horribly dull side whether you like it or not.

Chile will be missed in the World Cup because they are still a very good side, better than us I'd say. They are also better than Colombia and Uruguay. And they didn't gain credible points at Argentina, they lost 1-0 there FFS xD

Venezuela only twice once since 2016. I love how when its convenient you ignore Peru's stats and to prove your point you read others. We didn't lost a single game in 2017, gained credible points at Argentina and Venezuela, battered Paraguay, beat Bolivia and lost to Brazil the greatest team on the planet.

I was never comparing Uruguay to Peru based upon their 2017 results. I was simply saying that Uruguay had a better 2017 than you give them credit for and most people in the World will expect them to do better than Peru, who are in a group with Denmark and France. England looked very good against Germany in the not too distant past, does that make them a better side than Germany?

They drew with Argentina, regardless of the venue.

More of the personal abuse, you're not up to this forum lark, are you?

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I was never comparing Uruguay to Peru based upon their 2017 results. I was simply saying that Uruguay had a better 2017 than you give them credit for and most people in the World will expect them to do better than Peru, who are in a group with Denmark and France. England looked very good against Germany in the not too distant past, does that make them a better side than Germany?

They drew with Argentina, regardless of the venue.

More of the personal abuse, you're not up to this forum lark, are you?

Uruguay could well do better than us at the world cup as they have much more accessible rivals than we do. They aren't better than us though and we got 2 draws against Argentina, and didn't lose a game in 2017, which you conveniently ignored to have an embarrassing pop at us.

They aren't as bad as England but they are almost as dull if not worse. They have no creativity and all their goals still come from set pieces or deflections.

I concede that my comments towards you the other day weren't necessary. Now? You're asking for it xD

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

Brian, you said you never abuse people with opinions different to yours. Practice what you preach. 

Just now, Stan said:

Brian, you said you never abuse people with opinions different to yours. Practice what you preach. 

I think you're missing the reason as to why I'm "abusing" him. Has nothing to do with his opinions, more to do with the manner he is expressing them just to try and prove me wrong.

Its like me using stats against him to answer why I think Leyton Orient is worse than X team. Doesn't work see?

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I think you're missing the reason as to why I'm "abusing" him. Has nothing to do with his opinions, more to do with the manner he is expressing them just to try and prove me wrong.

Its like me using stats against him to answer why I think Leyton Orient is worse than X team. Doesn't work see?

how he expresses his opinions isn't your concern. He hasn't abused you when expressing them, so why do you have the right to do it just cos you don't like the way he puts himself across to you? 

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Uruguay could well do better than us at the world cup as they have much more accessible rivals than we do. They aren't better than us though and we got 2 draws against Argentina, and didn't lose a game in 2017, which you conveniently ignored to have an embarrassing pop at us.

They aren't as bad as England but they are almost as dull if not worse. They have no creativity and all their goals still come from set pieces or deflections.

I concede that my comments towards you the other day weren't necessary. Now? You're asking for it xD

You literally cannot accept another person's opinion to yours, can you?

I never looked at Peru's results, nor did I try and compare the two sets of results, you simply didn't give Uruguay as much credit as I think they deserved.

You're such a fucking know all when in fact, you know little and what you know is based upon bias and bitterness.

Archived