talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who Will be the Worst Team at the World Cup?

Worst Team at Russia 2018  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the worst team at the World Cup?

• Tunisia
    • Costa Rica
    • Panama
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Peru
    • Australia
    • Senegal
    • Other (state below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/06/18 at 11:00

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

I think you're missing the reason as to why I'm "abusing" him. Has nothing to do with his opinions, more to do with the manner he is expressing them just to try and prove me wrong.

Its like me using stats against him to answer why I think Leyton Orient is worse than X team. Doesn't work see?

I couldn't give a fuck whether you think Orient are shit or not, I've watched them twenty years, I knew that within six months and can accept it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

You literally cannot accept another person's opinion to yours, can you?

I never looked at Peru's results, nor did I try and compare the two sets of results, you simply didn't give Uruguay as much credit as I think they deserved.

You're such a fucking know all when in fact, you know little and what you know is based upon bias and bitterness.

Then you have no right to comment on Peru if you don't know a thing about us. And you're opinion isn't based on anything but stats which are so misleading. Its not that I can't accept it, its that you haven't seen a second of either team to comment.

I've seen Uruguay and I don't think they deserve credit because they have a huge pool of players to use from and they utilize the same players from 2010. Yet they play garbage football. Yes, I understand they are born to play this way. This is their style to play based on spirit and win in the air, but at the same time, this isn't how they played in 2010 or even in 2014. They were much better than this. 

Is my opinion based on that? Well then, I may as well give up everything I do because I base my things off my own vendetta's, if you truly want to believe that.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I couldn't give a fuck whether you think Orient are shit or not, I've watched them twenty years, I knew that within six months and can accept it.

That wasn't the point I was making.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Blue said:

Uruguay could well do better than us at the world cup as they have much more accessible rivals than we do. They aren't better than us though and we got 2 draws against Argentina, and didn't lose a game in 2017, which you conveniently ignored to have an embarrassing pop at us.

They aren't as bad as England but they are almost as dull if not worse. They have no creativity and all their goals still come from set pieces or deflections.

I concede that my comments towards you the other day weren't necessary. Now? You're asking for it xD

didn't take me long to find TWO goals in a draw against Brazil scored from open play without deflections

Just now, Blue said:

Then you have no right to comment on Peru if you don't know a thing about us. And you're opinion isn't based on anything but stats which are so misleading. Its not that I can't accept it, its that you haven't seen a second of either team to comment.

I've seen Uruguay and I don't think they deserve credit because they have a huge pool of players to use from and they utilize the same players from 2010. Yet they play garbage football. Yes, I understand they are born to play this way. This is their style to play based on spirit and win in the air, but at the same time, this isn't how they played in 2010 or even in 2014. They were much better than this. 

Is my opinion based on that? Well then, I may as well give up everything I do because I base my things off my own vendetta's, if you truly want to believe that.

That wasn't the point I was making.

I never commented on Peru. Everything on this forum isn't about Peru FFS. 

• Administrator
Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I apologise from expressing opinion that differs from the forum's idiots. 

That’s not helping. Like I said. Let’s wrap this up. I’ve dealt with the situation. Let’s all walk away and forget about it 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

didn't take me long to find TWO goals in a draw against Brazil scored from open play without deflections

Look at their games vs Chile, Colombia and Paraguay. So many goals scored in the air. That game against Brazil was an exception, and that was before they were found out for how uncreative they actually are.

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I never commented on Peru. Everything on this forum isn't about Peru FFS. 

23 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

They'll do better in the World Cup than Peru, whether your bitterness can accept that, or not.

Eh?

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

Look at their games vs Chile, Colombia and Paraguay. So many goals scored in the air. That game against Brazil was an exception, and that was before they were found out for how uncreative they actually are.

even so, they qualified by doing enough in the games they played in. Are you the final arbiter of how teams should play or how they should score their goals?

Just now, Stan said:

even so, they qualified by doing enough in the games they played in. Are you the final arbiter of how teams should play or how they should score their goals?

No, of course not. They play a different style. I just think they are horribly dull and have been outrageously lucky to get to where they are.

Again, they didn't have great form after the second round begun. I remember when I said they would beat Chile in Santiago 3-0 and they lost 3-1, then I said they would beat Brazil and after we beat them I began to realize, these aren't that good.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

game vs Colombia.

2nd goal. Open play. No deflection.

Or is that just another exception? (1hr 48m in). 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

game vs Colombia.

2nd goal. Open play. No deflection.

Or is that just another exception? (1hr 48m in). 

Mate, I was obviously exagerrating when I said "every goal". However, MOST of them came from the air, and you could only pick one out of the ones I sent you. Seems totally uncoincidental, eh? xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mate, I was obviously exagerrating when I said "every goal". However, MOST of them came from the air, and you could only pick one out of the ones I sent you. Seems totally uncoincidental, eh? xD

i picked the Uruguay vs Brazil one out all by myself :).

And you did tell me to look at the Colombia match. So i did? Proved you wrong in doing so? 

Also, I'm not gonna trawl through all of their games. Literally typed in Google/YouTube Uruguay 2018 world cup qualifier goals and the Brazil match came up first. Hence saying it didn't take me long.

The point being that not all of their goals came from set pieces or deflections and your perception of how they score was wrong. 

Uruguay games since 2016 where Uruguay scored 3+ goals: 5

Peru games since 2016 where Peru have scored 3+ goals: 4 (5 if you include an awarded game v Bolivia)

Anyway, that's my last post on this. As I said above, the nations above shouldn't be declared the worst because they're expected to do little.

Just now, Stan said:

The point being that not all of their goals came from set pieces or deflections and your perception of how they score was wrong. 

Not really. I saw almost all their games in this campaign as they usually play before Peru, and 70% of their goals came from the air. There are exceptions, like the 2 against Brazil, the first goal away at Chile and even in Lima their goal wasn't aerial. 

However, I can also name so many goals that were scored by headers or by a set piece. If you watched full 90 minute games of Uruguay, then you'll know that they don't often have posession of the ball and score on their 2nd or 3rd touch. Its worked for them, but it won't last forever because some teams tried to stop it near the end and Uruguay began to drop points.

Not sure how Saudi Arabia are in the air but I doubt they'll receive a "walloping" because its very hard for Uruguay to do so.

When I saw this thread's title, I immediately wanted to post "This thread has potential.", but several sperg-outs already happened. One part of me is like "Wtf? This thread is only 2 hours old", another part is like "Should have known better with Teso and Blue on this forum". :coffee:

• Subscriber

The expectations for Panama will be so low that they'll probably seem to do well even if they lose all three games.

Saudi Arabia have been to the World Cup enough times that seeing them get spanked three times will just be boring and depressing because people will be like what's the point of them being in it without any novelty value.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Saudi Arabia have been to the World Cup enough times that seeing them get spanked three times will just be boring and depressing because people will be like what's the point of them being in it without any novelty value.

IMO someone else should have gone from the AFC but it is what it is and while I don't particularly like them at a WC they did do it through a process of elimination so there must be something there.

• Subscriber

Heaven forbid someone else has an opinion on a football forum, they must be an idiot and not watch games. So tedious and boring when nearly every world cup thread turns into this. I dont even have to unblock him to know whats transpired.

Realistically as others have stated its probably the Saudi's but for the pure luls ive voted the way i have.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

i actually put them in as a joke as well xDxD 

Love how other than Spike and maybe LFCMike, all the guys that put Peru are people who dislike me xD

(Unless Spike is hiding himself :x)

Archived