• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Olivier Giroud joins Chelsea until 2019

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I imagine you'll play him at centre back, mate

There isn’t an emoticon for more laughter than the one I just gave Berserker mate. If there’s one place I especially wouldn’t want to play him, it’s there mate.

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That’s has to be a joke right?

What the hell are we supposed to do with him?

No not a joke, Rob Holding is going out on loan, its either Evans or Luiz we are linked with to come in at centre back, I suppose Evans can defend.   I am not sure who has shortlisted these players but it just seems its a last minute dash to get in what they can at Arsenal, look at the last time Arsenal bought players in a mad rush who were around 28 - 30 years old,  Arteta, Mertesacker and Andre Santos xD

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

No not a joke, Rob Holding is going out on loan, its either Evans or Luiz we are linked with to come in at centre back, I suppose Evans can defend.   I am not sure who has shortlisted these players but it just seems its a last minute dash to get in what they can at Arsenal, look at the last time Arsenal bought players in a mad rush who were around 28 - 30 years old,  Arteta, Mertersacker and Andre Santos xD

Yeah well André Santos was a pretty big joke or maybe just an abarassment from our “scouts”.

35 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

The chelsea board needs someone like woodward, who get its done. Arsenal, Liverpool, and chelsea are all fighting over the scraps and over paying :rofl:

You're a Man Utd fan. You don't get to have a go at any team spending money. Not even Man City.

Fuck's sake. Looks like this is happening. Can understand why he's moving as being first choice at Chelsea is better for him than being 3rd choice here but hope this falls through. Dortmund can buy Modeste instead of Batshuayi.

2 hours ago, HK85 said:

DiMarzio once said we'd definitely signed Caulker. 

DiMarzio is a massive bullshitter in my experience. Said we'd signed Adama Traore the summer he signed for Villa, for example. Anyone who works for the BBC, on the other hand, I consider to be reliable.

As for the move, it's a weird one for both sides. Arsenal are selling the best striker currently at the club to a rival, while Chelsea are helping a rival to sign a big upgrade for the sake of having a backup striker.

46 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

DiMarzio is a massive bullshitter in my experience. Said we'd signed Adama Traore the summer he signed for Villa, for example. Anyone who works for the BBC, on the other hand, I consider to be reliable.

As for the move, it's a weird one for both sides. Arsenal are selling the best striker currently at the club to a rival, while Chelsea are helping a rival to sign a big upgrade for the sake of having a backup striker.

Even with Sanchez, Arsenal are a 6th place club. Hardly see Aubameyang an upgrade on Sanchez so we aren't arsed. 

And from my experience, DiMarzio has gotten things wrong the least. 

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Morata will deliver, all things considered he is not that bad even tough he had two games in which he missed numerous sitters. 

He hasn't scored in a month and still one goal short of Lukaku and Firmino :ph34r:

Firmino has 19 goals and 10 assists :coffee:

Archived