talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Olivier Giroud joins Chelsea until 2019

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GIROUD UPDATE

Chelsea have reached agreement in principle with Arsenal for the transfer of Olivier Giroud, Sky Sports News understands.

We believe the 31-year old striker has undergone a medical and will sign a contract that will keep him at Stamford Bridge until June 2019, with an option for another year.

Giroud’s agent travelled to London this morning to conclude the deal, thought to include a transfer fee of £15.3m with £2.2m in bonuses.

Arsenal and Chelsea are yet to comment.

Sports News reporter Gary Cotterill at Stamford Bridge... 

"My understanding is that Olivier Giroud from Arsenal to Chelsea is moments away from being confirmed. A deal has been agreed - an 18-month contract with the option of a further year."

Think we are good for the time being.

We were never going to beat Barca with this current squad, as it's going to take some doing to do them over two legs given their form. 

A FA Cup and a top 4 finish could turn this hectic season into a good one. 

I think Giroud is a good pick up for you guys.  He has not played much this year but has always looked dangerous when he comes on.  Four goals in the equalivant of four games if you add up his minutes. He can come on the last fifteen minutes if you are chasing the game and give you a plan b, plus spot start to rest Morata.

Personally I was hoping it would not go through, have visions of him scoring a late one at Old Trafford in a few weeks.

Archived