talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aden Flint to Derby County?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

There's no way surely that Bristol City will let him leave for a promotion-chasing rival?! Not in this window anyway.

Why weaken your own squad and strengthen a side that might prevent you from getting promotion? If I was in the Bristol City heirarchy I'd be doing all I can to persuade him to stay for at least 6 months. Promotion or not, if he really wants to leave, let him go in the summer. He's got age on his side in that he could still leave for a Premier League club in summer anyway as that's his ambition no doubt.

Didn't Brighton bid the same amount?

8 hours ago, Stan said:

There's no way surely that Bristol City will let him leave for a promotion-chasing rival?! Not in this window anyway.

Why weaken your own squad and strengthen a side that might prevent you from getting promotion? If I was in the Bristol City heirarchy I'd be doing all I can to persuade him to stay for at least 6 months. Promotion or not, if he really wants to leave, let him go in the summer. He's got age on his side in that he could still leave for a Premier League club in summer anyway as that's his ambition no doubt.

Didn't Brighton bid the same amount?

They did, and given that crazy money would be required to let him leave, this bid will be rejected.

However he was raised in Derbyshire so I assume that's why they've made this bid,  to unsettle him as he may want to return to Derby.

To make this story even more bizarre, we played Derby a few weeks ago... and their centre-backs were the best players on the pitch.

I wonder if the sole purpose of this bid is to unsettle Aden Flint; there's no other reason why they'd make such a small bid to start off with.

1 hour ago, BounceAroundTheGround said:

I wonder if the sole purpose of this bid is to unsettle Aden Flint; there's no other reason why they'd make such a small bid to start off with.

That's my opinion to be honest. I don't feel Derby have the pulling power to be that force mind you.

My biggest regret this season is that we didn't get him or Bryan.

We were linked to both in the summer, when it became apparent we weren't getting Bartley back and we needed a Charlie Taylor replacement. 

Had we got those two in the shape we would have been in would have been supurb.

Ayling - Jansson - Flint - Bryan

That would be a promotion winning defence.

If Bristol City don't go up this season, I'm pretty sure they'll lose both to PL clubs.

Archived