talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez to Remain at Leicester

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

don't know if he actually has handed in a transfer request though? Sky Sports the only ones reporting it. We're never selling for £50m either. 

Everyone saying he handed one in in August as well but that was never the case. 

The only telling thing will be (if nothing else happens today) is if he's not in the squad tomorrow night. 

• Subscriber

I don't trust a word Sky say these days. Don't forget how big a betting firm they are now - they deliberately exaggerate everything to get people piling money on transfer bets. I genuinely don't consider them any more reliable than the Sun anymore. People will say it's illegal for them to do that, but how on earth do you prove they're lying? In such a culture where transfer bullshit has become the norm.

This completely fucks us and if it is true he's handed a request in then I'll be fuming. I can totally understand why he wants to move but that would be the second window on the spin he's pulled a cunts trick late on. We got through the last one and got him back into form again, but I think we'd do very well to pull it off a second time - especially when you've actually got legitimate interest from a side who are going to win the Premier League and up to three other trophies.

For all the timing is shite, however, we should be properly prepared. He's wanted to go for ages.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

don't know if he actually has handed in a transfer request though? Sky Sports the only ones reporting it. We're never selling for £50m either. 

Everyone saying he handed one in in August as well but that was never the case. 

The only telling thing will be (if nothing else happens today) is if he's not in the squad tomorrow night. 

He handed one in around May didn't he?

I didn't mind that. I thought it was fair. That stunt with the Paris airport though was piss poor I thought. 

• Subscriber

If it was up to me, I would try and do a deal which is similar to Keita's move to Liverpool. Agree the deal and make it for the summer. That way, we hold onto him for this year, he gets his big move guaranteed so he's happy while he's here and we get time to sort a replacement.

And if Man City don't want that and they just want him to fill Sane's boots for 6 weeks, then how bothered about him truly are they?

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

And if Man City don't want that and they just want him to fill Sane's boots for 6 weeks, then how bothered about him truly are they?

Not that much really, he'd be sat on the bench most games next to Bernardo short term on tell Silva hangs up his boots, he'd be injury cover and rotated when players need a rest, same way we are using Bernardo

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Not that much really, he'd be sat on the bench most games next to Bernardo short term on tell Silva hangs up his boots, he'd be injury cover and rotated when players need a rest, same way we are using Bernardo

Mahrez is foolish if he's going only to be a bench player then.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Which, for someone who turned down PSG and Marseille for Le Havre when he was younger, for someone who turned down Serie A Torino for Championship Leicester in 2014, would disappoint me.

At first when we were linked with him as a Coutinho replacement I wasn't that keen. But considering we're an injury to Salah/Mane/Firmino away from a bit of an attacking crisis - if he's potentially on the move, we should be interested.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

At first when we were linked with him as a Coutinho replacement I wasn't that keen. But considering we're an injury to Salah/Mane/Firmino away from a bit of an attacking crisis - if he's potentially on the move, we should be interested.

Are you prepared to pay our asking price? Man City are apparently some way off. The most common figures are that they've bid £59mil, and that we want £90mil.

That's absolutely mega money.

Just now, Dan said:

Are you prepared to pay our asking price? Man City are apparently some way off. The most common figures are that they've bid £59mil, and that we want £90mil.

If we're going to pay a retarded amount, I think I'd prefer Lemar just because he's supposedly more comfortable playing in the centre.

10 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cant see us offering more than 55million tbh

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

Mahrez is foolish if he's going only to be a bench player then.

He's up against De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo in the middle and Sane, Sterling & Jesus  out wide so he would be hard pushed for game time  ...don't think you will sell him though tbh

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

You've bid £55m after being told no to £50m. To only up it by £5m is laughable xD

Like when Arsenal offered Liverpool £1 over £40m. 

We will just walk away like we did with Sanchez & Hazard, 50 million is more than a fair price, that's round about what we paid for De Bruyne who had just been voted best player in Germany

• The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez to Remain at Leicester

Archived