• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez to Remain at Leicester

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

why should we settle for £50m? 

our owners are multi-billionaires. Something like 9th in the Forbes list?

May not be on the levels of CIty, granted, but we're not peasants. 

The “Peasants” remark shouldn’t be levelled at you under any circumstance mate. At least not in relation to what owners give because wherever your owners lie in the Forbes List, The Gulf State buys Man City’s success and isn’t interested in the sales stats of players that leave... It’s about investment! 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The “Peasants” remark shouldn’t be levelled at you under any circumstance mate. At least not in relation to what owners give because wherever your owners lie in the Forbes List, The Gulf State buys Man City’s success and isn’t interested in the sales stats of players that leave... It’s about investment! 

and our owners are businessmen.

They won't treat our club as a charity case. They're shrewd people - they're not just gonna let Mahrez go because the buyer thinks they're being reasonable in their offer. It's the selling club that sets the price. If the buyer doesn't stump that up, so be it. 

You don't walk in to a car showroom and offer £2k on a brand new car which is worth £25k. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

and our owners are businessmen.

They won't treat our club as a charity case. They're shrewd people - they're not just gonna let Mahrez go because the buyer thinks they're being reasonable in their offer. It's the selling club that sets the price. If the buyer doesn't stump that up, so be it. 

You don't walk in to a car showroom and offer £2k on a brand new car which is worth £25k. 

Hahaha... Yeah you’re right, but what I was trying to say is that the relation between you and City is non existent no matter how deep the pockets of both respective owners are.  Also in business you do haggle, only the haggling is of more important amounts that make headlines.

But I agree that you guys should be demanding as much as is possible to receive.  The issue from a Leicester City fan perspective (this if I were an LCFC fan) is that if indeed our owners are so rich, why on earth is my club mainly in the selling news of marquee players instead of in the more ambitious news of growing what we already have?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Hahaha... Yeah you’re right, but what I was trying to say is that the relation between you and City is non existent no matter how deep the pockets of both respective owners are.  Also in business you do haggle, only the haggling is of more important amounts that make headlines.

But I agree that you guys should be demanding as much as is possible to receive.  The issue from a Leicester City fan perspective (this if I were an LCFC fan) is that if indeed our owners are so rich, why on earth is my club mainly in the selling news of marquee players instead of in the more ambitious news of growing what we already have?

we do grow what we already have? 

We're in the selling news because the media see it as a top 6 domination and then everyone else (the peasants who must obey the top 6). 

There's also the pull of playing in Europe and playing for Man City. Don't get me wrong though - I accept that Mahrez will leave at some point and he does deserve to go on to play for a bigger club than us. What you have to understand though is that Mahrez is one of, if not the, best player Leicester have ever had. We won't just let him go for cheap because another club values him differently. You also have to understand selling him today leaves us absolutely no time for someone to come in and fill his boots. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

this attitude towards non-top-6 clubs fucking stinks.

'should sell 100%'. Why sell our best players? must we all bow down to the needs and wants of the top 6?

It isn't a top 6 attitude mate, but he wants out? He handed in a transfer request? Why keep a player that doesn't want to be there, on the plus side you can get big money for him. I am not putting down any club for the top 6, but if he said he wanted to stay and that he is happy i would understand that Leicester wouldn't sell.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

It isn't a top 6 attitude mate, but he wants out? He handed in a transfer request? Why keep a player that doesn't want to be there, on the plus side you can get big money for him. I am not putting down any club for the top 6, but if he said he wanted to stay and that he is happy i would understand that Leicester wouldn't sell.

because every player has a price and you saying we 'should just sell' isn't right just because £50m has offered. That's well below what we value him and it'd be a fucking bargain tbh!

There's confusion about the transfer request. It's actually the one from May which is still valid, so to speak. There was a gentleman's agreement between our owner and Riyad which agreed that if the right offer came in, then he would be allowed to go. 

Just now, Stan said:

because every player has a price and you saying we 'should just sell' isn't right just because £50m has offered. That's well below what we value him and it'd be a fucking bargain tbh!

There's confusion about the transfer request. It's actually the one from May which is still valid, so to speak. There was a gentleman's agreement between our owner and Riyad which agreed that if the right offer came in, then he would be allowed to go. 

Oh if there wasn't a transfer request by him then my bad. I felt that 50 mill for a player that wants out was decent. 

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Leicester have now come down to 70million 

That price (considering prices now) is good!  He’s in a contract and the negotiating power lies with Leicester City which if true on that price, City should go for it if you really need him.

Manchester City have made a final offer to Leicester involving a player plus cash worth up to £65m for Riyad Mahrez.

At this stage the identity of the Man City player involved in the deal is not yet known. We believe the offer was presented to Leicester in the last few hours. 

They are understood to be considering the offer as we speak but have not yet responded to this, Man City's fourth offer . 

• Administrator

£65m + Player for Mahrez is the latest deal.

No-one knows who the player will be though. Some whispers that it'll be Brahim Diaz or Yaya Toure.

Don't want/need the latter and don't think he'll even entertain the thought of coming to us (we do do birthday cakes on time, having said that). 

Only seen Diaz a couple of times but I'd say we have better options at the club...

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

£65m + Player for Mahrez is the latest deal.

No-one knows who the player will be though. Some whispers that it'll be Brahim Diaz or Yaya Toure.

Don't want/need the latter and don't think he'll even entertain the thought of coming to us (we do do birthday cakes on time, having said that). 

Only seen Diaz a couple of times but I'd say we have better options at the club...

Diaz is better than any player you have after Mahrez, did you not see him destroy real Madrid? ..it would be a free 6mth loan for Diaz or Yaya to keep

• Administrator
Just now, Happy Blue said:

Diaz is better than any player you have after Mahrez, did you not see him destroy real Madrid? ..it would be a free 6mth loan for Diaz or Yaya to keep

that's one game and isn't he more of a central attacking midfielder? It's not that kind of player we need to suit our team; not really denying his quality and the above probably came out wrong. 

• The title was changed to Riyad Mahrez to Remain at Leicester

Archived