talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riyad Mahrez to Remain at Leicester

I can understand why he's annoyed and upset, but at the same time I can understand why Leicester did not want to sell the best player outside the top six so late on in the window. His actions are not going to win people over either. He needs to reach an agreement about being sold in the summer and move on. 

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

if anyone saw my post earlier about the cynicism of 'team mates being angry' etc etc....

The players are understood to be ready to welcome Mahrez back into the fold.

from the article above.

well look how that one worked out. 

giphy.gif

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Great post, totally agree. 

Not as good as Salah though :ph34r:

Ironically Roma tried to sign Mahrez in the summer to replace Salah.

I don't think it's worked out brilliantly for us so far but we were damned either way. I don't put the blame on the club at all this time.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

if anyone saw my post earlier about the cynicism of 'team mates being angry' etc etc....

from the article above.

well look how that one worked out. 

giphy.gif

Co-incidence of wants again. Mahrez being performing for Leicester will benefit both Leicester and Mahrez, as well as his team-mates, regardless of their differences. It may take a little while, but I think it'll blow over and he'll be playing for us again.

Although if it isn't this weekend he plays, it'll probably be next weekend - and football's thrown up yet another one of those scenarios, because I bet you can guess who it's against.

Just now, Dan said:

Ironically Roma tried to sign Mahrez in the summer to replace Salah.

I don't think it's worked out brilliantly for us so far but we were damned either way. I don't put the blame on the club at all this time.

I think you’ve handled it brilliantly. You set a price last summer, nobody met it. The market went mad so Leicester’s valuation went up and nobody met it. 

Get on with it or rot in the reserves. 

I think it’s been handled fantastically. 

• Subscriber

We're fining him two weeks wages for missing three days of training in a row.

I still think he will clear his head and get back to playing in the next couple of weeks but this could inflame the situation more.

It does sound like he changed agent recently too. He's got Kia Joorabchian now which would explain some of the cuntish moves from him - not that I absolve Mahrez from blame as he technically employs this bloke.

• Subscriber

He needs to sack his agent immediately. The worst kind of cunt in the game. He's harming himself here if he isn't careful. I can't see Guardiola being impressed by this.

1 hour ago, FOYM said:

He's a grown man, and his agent works for him. 

Yup, he hired a notorious piece of shit as an agent. At this point, we know who that agent is and how he operates, I assume the players who hire him are just massve cunts.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, FOYM said:

He's a grown man, and his agent works for him. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yup, he hired a notorious piece of shit as an agent. At this point, we know who that agent is and how he operates, I assume the players who hire him are just massve cunts.

I must point out that I wasn't defending him at all and totally agree. Mahrez chooses to employ this bloke. He just needs to realise that the advice he's giving him might actually cost him in the summer if it puts Pep off.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I imagine he fears Guardiola won't be in for him again, which to be honest with you I don't think he will.

He certainly isn't doing his chances any good.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

He certainly isn't doing his chances any good.

Don't think we will be back for him regardless, we only bid for him due to all the players we have out injured and the fact he could of played in the CL   ..in the summer we will get cheaper cover, maybe this is why he's pissed, the boat has sailed for him  ..maybe he can get a Liverpool move or somewhere instead

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

''Well said Kerry love'' - @Dan, 2018.

xD to be honest I can never go too overboard praising comments that compare football to usual work because like it or not, they just aren't one bit the same.

If he refuses to play for us (which I stand by won't be the case, I think he'll return) then we shouldn't pay him anything.

• Subscriber

I still think he'll be back this season. The longer this goes on, the worse it is for everyone.

If he's missed training again he's taking the piss quite honestly.

Doesn't help one bit that it's Man City we play this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I still think he'll be back this season. The longer this goes on, the worse it is for everyone.

On the other hand, you would think the players would be up for that one.. given everything that's happened.

26 minutes ago, Dan said:

If he doesn't return this season, I can't see any top clubs wanting a fucking thing to do with him. Insanely unprofessional. 

Archived