• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Iñigo Martínez signs for Athletic Bilbao from Real Sociedad for €32m

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well I would say.£60 million for Abamayang wasn't bad

For today's market, that's a good price as he's a proven goal scoring machine, one who probably suits Arsenal to a tee.

He's the best striker you have bought in years, next season will be more where we see what he's about though and I can see him being right up there with the top scorers once settled and adapted. It's excellent news he went to Arsenal either way as there were fears of him going to China, and who wants to see players going there? It's sad Dortmund continue to lose key men, but it would be much worse if they departed Europe full stop.

29 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

For today's market, that's a good price as he's a proven goal scoring machine, one who probably suits Arsenal to a tee.

He's the best striker you have bought in years, next season will be more where we see what he's about though and I can see him being right up there with the top scorers once settled and adapted. It's excellent news he went to Arsenal either way as there were fears of him going to China, and who wants to see players going there? It's sad Dortmund continue to lose key men, but it would be much worse if they departed Europe full stop.

To be honest I'm quite surprised he came to us

10 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be honest I'm quite surprised he came to us

I don’t want to make this thread an Arsenal thread but just to respond to your comment here we have to put things into perspective considering everything that’s been revolving around Aubameyang in recent times which I referred to in an earlier post on this thread to you today.  His status had been damaged and he was even flirting with a move to Chinese football which proves this fact.  Also read when I asked @Tommy what he thought and his answer to my enquiry about Pierre-Emerick.  Had this been two years back when even Real Madrid were enquiring about him and our (Arsenal) present situation, there wouldn’t be a hope in hell of us signing him.  It’s a combination of various factors that has made this happen.

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In general Athletic Club Bilbao are a much much bigger club historically than La Real mate.  But you’re right... Right now it is a move sideways and their’s no way of reading it any other way.  Not only has he made a move sideways but also caused a hell of a lot of anger amongst the Real Sociedad fans.  Even I wasn’t expecting this but having read and listened to various issues surrounding the move it’s. I wonder this has occurred.

I know but history means f-all. Nottingham Forrest are an English legend but people wouldn't line up to play for them over a club like Southampton. It's also upsetting from a idealist's view as well. I just don't understand why a player that knows this environment and situation like nothing else would make such a poor decision. I can understand why a player like Gorka Elustundo moves between clubs, he was released, he didn't push a move through.

Archived