talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sandro Ramírez - Signs for Real Sociedad on loan

football forum

football forum

It's a real shame how it's turned out for Sandro. He scored with pretty much his first touch of the ball on his debut against Sevilla and looked the part but he's struggled to settle and you can tell a mile away that his confidence is on the floor. I wouldn't be happy with selling him this month but I can understand sending him out on loan to a league he knows well to try and gain some confidence. 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still confused as to why Sandro failed in the Premier League.  I remember discussing this with @The Rebel CRS at the time he signed for Everton where he was disappointed that he’d gone while I was optimistic due to me feeling that of all the young Spanish strikers he was the best fit for English football.  Sadly it didn’t work out for him and as @Cannabis says, maybe it’s a confidence issue and going back to Spain on loan will get that vital ingredient for strikers back on track.

43 minutes ago, HK85 said:

First touch is terrible, makes stupid runs, shoots from silly angles, easily shrugged off the ball. He's been a disaster. 

I doubt he'll play for us again. 

None of that was an issue or better said, something he suffered from before his move. The total opposite!

Maybe the coaching or tactics?

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

None of that was an issue or better said, something he suffered from before his move. The total opposite!

Maybe the coaching or tactics?

Manager changes and tactics won't have helped but the player hasn't done anything either, even in the limited game time. 

To be honest, they bought Sandro at the age of 20 I think and he’d just had a very good season after previously making cameo appearances for Barcelona. He looked like the sort of powerful forward that although not usually used in Spanish football, was showing signs of even having diversity to his game.

When you buy a young player like that in a situation that Everton suddenly started to go through internally, it isn’t exactly the ideal situation. Then they change to a manager that’s not exactly famous for diversity and flexibility for players to improvise, a world Sandro had been brought up in.  Maybe it was the wrong moment to go to Everton but as far as I’m concerned he wasn’t in the ideal place... The club is great (Everton), but the moment wasn't the right one.

To be honest, you can't buy a 20 year old and expect them to hit the ground running when they have just moved to a brand new country. When buying a player of that age, you're investing in a future player and not one who is in his prime. Not to mention they are having to adapt to a new country when you have lived the whole of your life in another.

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

He is one of the oldest looking 21 year olds I have ever seen. Could easily pass for 40. 

To be fair, I bet he's still banging some young 20 year old blonde model though.

41 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

To be fair, I bet he's still banging some young 20 year old blonde model though.

That has got me google imaging and I've come to the conclusion that he's on some crazy testosterone boosting drug that has rapidly sped up his hair loss.

He was probably shit at Everton because he isn't on the performance enhancing drugs anymore. :ph34r:

6 hours ago, Danny said:

21 years old isn't he? New league, needs time to adapt. I'm guessing Everton have a system where the manager picks the transfers because this is shocking planning.

Well we were heavily linked with Mangala and Tosun during and shortly after Allardyce left. Read in to that what you will.

20 hours ago, Danny said:

21 years old isn't he? New league, needs time to adapt. I'm guessing Everton have a system where the manager picks the transfers because this is shocking planning.

No. Joint effort between manager and DoF. 

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Poor attitude towards the end of last season but seemed to put that behind him and make a fresh start under Silva. 

He played the most minutes out of anyone in pre-season yet failed to really impress and I don't think he even scored. Hopefully he can find some form at Sociedad and come back strong.

Didn't even score against Irdning in the 22-0 despite starting and I think finishing the game. 🙈

Archived