• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Actors that you love/hate?

football forum

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

The guy who plays Sheldon is a great actor 

You mean:

adult-ebigbong-theory-annoying-indoor-dw

I kind of enjoyed the first season and I thought it was funny. But the laughing track, same jokes repeating over and over and over again just became repulsive after a while. 

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, bozziovai said:

hahahahahaha.       don't forget his crazy expression in FACE OFF.

Image result for nicolas cage face off gif

Nic cage was a rockstar in the 90's, aside from the memes his movies where all pretty solid. That took a swift turn when he ran out of money and did every movie possible in the 00's; nearly every movie (Lord of War aside) was a giant turd.

On a side note I've flip flopped a bit on Adrien Brody, I still dislike his face but he was really good in the last season of Peaky Blinders.

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Nic cage was a rockstar in the 90's, aside from the memes his movies where all pretty solid. That took a swift turn when he ran out of money and did every movie possible in the 00's; nearly every movie (Lord of War aside) was a giant turd.

On a side note I've flip flopped a bit on Adrien Brody, I still dislike his face but he was really good in the last season of Peaky Blinders.

well, ghost rider has some potential.    His first Treasure movie was decent.

but then ................... slowly going down the drain .....................

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, nudge said:

Lord of War is a great movie, the intro is probably one of the best ones in the history of cinema.

Absolutely, the sound track choice was perfect for it too. Still one of my top 5 movies, I re watch it nearly every year.

I'll be honest I don't really dislike actors, a lot easier for me to get annoyed over singers than actors.

But actors I like:

Daniel Day-Lewis

Ralph Fiennes

Gary Oldman

Michael Fassbender

Tom Hardy

Denzel Washington

Will Smith

Brad Pitt

Matt Damon

Steve Buschemi

John Boyega

Carey Mulligan

Octavia Spencer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a massive fan of Daniel Day Lewis, Tom Hardy, Viggo Mortensen and Mads Mikkelsen. Also Michael Fassbender's career was unreal up until after that Steve Jobs film he did, since then he's been in some shite. He still has time to pull it back, though.

I also think Robert Shaw was underrated as fuck, mostly just from this scene in Jaws:

Well, I wasn't talking about her looks anyway, I was talking about her ability as an actress. She's, in my opinion, the best working actress around at the moment. 

Hate is such a strong word... Are we hating them because of their performances or because we don't like them as people in real life??? 

I can't say I hate any actors or actresses really, I might not be keen on some of their particular performances in films maybe and there are a few that I am not all that keen on but I can't think of any off hand that I would actually hate... I tend to find the more I dislike a character on screen the better the actor/actress for me.. Anyone that can get under my skin or annoy me to the point you want them to die a horrible death the better the performance and there are not that many about these days.. most films you can float through without having any attachment to them whatsoever.. I like actors/actresses that have a good screen presence.. 

I would include the likes of:-

Vincent Price, Marlon Brando, James Cagney, Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Peter Sellers, Charles Bronson, Val Kilmer, Christopher Lee, Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hanks, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Morgan Freeman, Cuba Gooding JR, John Travolta, Alan Rickman, Kurt Russell, Tom Hardy, Jason Statham etc... It's hard for an actor to keep on that high of good choices throughout their whole career but even if an actor/actress is involved in some duffers along the way they normally have one or two gems they totally own... 

As far actresses go I know she got knocked in here earlier but I actually like Melissa McCarthy, She has a huge screen presence for me, Right in your face and aggressive characters which I enjoy.. 

So many more I could mention... 

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber

Like, Clint Eastwood especially his westerns and old-time actors like James Stewart, Glen Ford, Henry Fonda, John Wayne, Cary Grant, Bob Hope.

Hate, Joan Collins, I just can't stand her and Jim Carrey I don't think he is funny whats so ever and Michael Caine films are boring to me and I will avoid watching any of his movies if I can. 

• Subscriber
35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Even the Christopher Nolan ones? 

Just don't like Caine, the film's by Nolan are good like Insomnia, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk etc but the other actors in Interstellar which Caine is in makes up for me watching it but I love anything about space anyway, it's just his style of acting I don't like if that makes sense lol.

2 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Just don't like Caine, the film's by Nolan are good like Insomnia, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk etc but the other actors in Interstellar which Caine is in makes up for me watching it but I love anything about space anyway, it's just his style of acting I don't like if that makes sense lol.

Yea, sure, we all have our different tastes and preferences. Sometimes we just can't stand someone/something for no apparent "proper" reason :D 

Archived