talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Actors that you love/hate?

football forum

football forum

Had this chat a few days ago and thought that it would be worthy of some discussion on here too. Basically, what actors/actresses can sway you to watch a film regardless of what it is about and on the flip side which ones will make you instantly turn the other way? I know that there's only a handful of people that can have this affect but surely we've all got names to put down.

For me I'll start with;

Love: 

• Daniel Craig - the best Bond and has re-rejuvenated the series on his own, he's great outside of the franchise too.
  • Jason Statham - not always in ''world-class'' films but guarenteed to not put his name to shite
  • Ewan McGregor - comes across as a really sound bloke and has a knack for appearing in decent stuff

Hate: 

• Mark Wahlburg - a total bellend, even worse when he's playing the ''hard-man'' image as you know you he's a big nonce
  • Adam Sandler - admittedly I enjoyed Pixels but other than that he's an un-funny bellend that ruins whatever he touches
  • Jim Carrey - see above, although I'm yet to see him in a watchable movie.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samuel Jackson, Christoph Waltz, Leo Dicaprio, Michael Fassbender, Edward Norton, Brad Pitt, Jack Nickolson, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Tom Hanks.

Natalie Portman, Kate Winslet, Rachel McAdams, Ellen Burstyn, Charlize Theron, Helena Bonham Carter, Uma Thurman.

Hate: I don't hate Will Smith but he's annoying and unpleasant. Tom Cruise is an average actor imo.

Big fan of Christoph Waltz, Brad Pitt and Bradley Cooper (man crush so what ok).

Don't hate anyone, but as a kid I loved Adam Sandler films(Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, Billy Madison), but when I watch his newer stuff, I find it quite bad...

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Had this chat a few days ago and thought that it would be worthy of some discussion on here too. Basically, what actors/actresses can sway you to watch a film regardless of what it is about and on the flip side which ones will make you instantly turn the other way? I know that there's only a handful of people that can have this affect but surely we've all got names to put down.

For me I'll start with;

Love: 

• Daniel Craig - the best Bond and has re-rejuvenated the series on his own, he's great outside of the franchise too.
  • Jason Statham - not always in ''world-class'' films but guarenteed to not put his name to shite
  • Ewan McGregor - comes across as a really sound bloke and has a knack for appearing in decent stuff

Hate: 

• Mark Wahlburg - a total bellend, even worse when he's playing the ''hard-man'' image as you know you he's a big nonce
  • Adam Sandler - admittedly I enjoyed Pixels but other than that he's an un-funny bellend that ruins whatever he touches

He had some brilliant films - as Tony boy mentioned, but he also forgot Big Daddy and Mr Deeds. Old stuff was great, Happy Gilmore is a masterpiece.

Chris Pratt is my man crush, what a guy. :x

16 minutes ago, Storts said:

He had some brilliant films - as Tony boy mentioned, but he also forgot Big Daddy and Mr Deeds. Old stuff was great, Happy Gilmore is a masterpiece.

Chris Pratt is my man crush, what a guy. :x

Big Daddy is there! Haha. I did forget Mr. Deeds that is good. Waterboy was overrated though.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Anton said:

Big Daddy is there! Haha. I did forget Mr. Deeds that is good. Waterboy was overrated though.

So it is! Yeah Waterboy is nothing special, pushes the line and just becomes annoying but some of the Sandler back catalogue are classics

Love :

Will Smith

Leo DiCaprio

Edward Norton

Viggo Mortensen

Keanu Revees

Ashton Kutcher

Tom Hanks

Anthony Hopkins

Ryan Gosling

Robert De Niro

Richard Gere

Jackie Chan

Chris Tucker

Ethan Hawke

Owen Wilson

Vin Diesel

Lucas Black

Ben Stiller

John Malkovich

Van Damme

Stallone

Seagal

Elijah Wood

Michael Douglas

Harrison Ford

Jim Carrey

Adam Sandler

Mel Gibson

Russell Crowe

Jonah Hill

Seth Rogen

Jason Statham

Nicolas Cage he even shares my name :x

Colin Farrell

Ricardo Darin

Gaston Pauls

Diego Peretti

Federico D'Elía

Hate:

Julia Roberts

14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Adam Sandler's more serious roles are pretty good! Reign Over Me especially, but also Punch Drunk Love and Click. 

Jim Carrey was great in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Adam Sandler's more serious roles are pretty good! Reign Over Me especially, but also Punch Drunk Love and Click. 

Jim Carrey was great in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Truman Show. 

Also Bruce Almighty :ph34r:

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Hate: 

Have you watched The Truman Show and/or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind? I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey either, but I thought he did a great job in these two movies.

Love:  Christoph Walz, Javier Bardem, Robert de Niro, Clint Eastwood, Anthony Hopkins, Alan Alda, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Caviezel, Christopher Walken, Joaquin Phoenix, Billy Mack, Ewan Mcgregor, Jean Reno

Hate: Tom Cruise, Thomas Hanks

Just now, nudge said:

Have you watched The Truman Show and/or Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind? I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey either, but I thought he did a great job in these two movies.

Love:  Christoph Walz, Javier Bardem, Robert de Niro, Clint Eastwood, Anthony Hopkins, Alan Alda, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jim Caviezel, Christopher Walken, Joaquin Phoenix, Billy Mack, Ewan Mcgregor, Jean Reno

Who the fuck hates Tom Hanks? That's just unnatural. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tsubasa said:

Who the fuck hates Tom Hanks? That's just unnatural. 

Haha I know, it's very irrational. Obviously a great actor, just an extremely annoying face and facial expressions (to such a point where it's irritating af).

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

I FUCKING HATE Tom Hanks also. His face annoys me. His voice annoys me. He has been in good movies, and there are 1 or 2 films I like in spite of him but fuck me he has such a punchable face

Actors that draw me to a film

Tom Cruise. Think about it. I find he is both more versatile than most give him credit for and is so rarely in 'shit' movies. Generally when he is in a lead it improves the film.

Christoph Waltz. That man could make paint drying enjoyable to watch

Middle aged leo. Wasn't a big fan of baby leo, but his older self is a very fine actor and is in heaps of top movies.

Hugo Weaving. Top actor, good bloke, has a nice intensity to him.

Jackie Chan. Very underwatched early stuff. Was probably in too many shite buddy cop/cowboy movies in the early 2000s, but I still like his films.

John Malkovich. Better than Hopkins imo.

Russell Crowe. Under rated, versatile and attacks his various roles with relish.

Actors that push me away

Adam Sandler. In so much shite, not funny, should be put down.

Sarah Michelle Gellar. So shit. Her career highlight was telling her step brother he could stick it in her ass. Says it all really.

Tom Hanks. As above.

Love

Ralph Fiennes (He should be talked in the same breath as De Niro and Pacino)

Mark Ruffalo (He also seems like a wonderful and well read person. And he is a fine actor)

Jim Carrey (When you watch Truman Show and ESOSM, you realise how terribly he has wasted his talent)

Sherilyn Fenn (I have even watched her shitty 80s films. Again someone who should have done a lot of awesome stuff, but didn't. I can any work of her.)

Drew Barymore (the most fucking adorable creature on the planet.)

Tom Hanks (What is not there to like about him. Great actor and a wonderful person. Yes I am looking at that saffer loving Aussie prick and you Nudge)

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (Just :x)

Julie Delpy (:x:x)

Ellen Burnstyn, Alan Rickman, Alec Guinness (my favourite George Smiley), Paul Giamatti, Audrey Tautou, Grazyna Szapolowska, Dustin Hoffman, Grace Kelly, Paige Turco & Dane Dehaan.

Hate

Julia Roberts  

Melissa McCarthy

Matthew McConaughey (He was excellent in Dallas Buyers club, but I am getting increasingly tired of brooding act)

Shia LaBeouf (Hated him in his early years apart from Holes, TGGEVP. And I dislike him as a person. Annoying creep)

Ashton Kutcher And Robert Pattinson (both can't act)

Johnny Depp (Can't stand him)

Jeremy Renner (The most punch-worthy face)

Love

Keanu Reeves - Aside from his abysmal presence in Bram Stoker's Dracula I've enjoyed every film I've seen featuring him. From Bill And Ted to Constantine and John Wick to The Devil's Advocate he's always on form.

Hugh Jackman - Having recently watched Logan I can see what a fine actor Jackman is.

Patrick Stewart - Again through Logan I've realised my admiration for this veteran. Jean-Luc Picard is still one of my favourite Star Trek characters even though I'm no avid fan of the show.

Ewan McGregor - Absolutely savage and brutally honest. As well as being a respected actor with some great films under his belt such as Trainspotting and Shallow Grave under his belt, McGregor's devotion towards tackling humanitarian crises and foreign aid and his no-fucks-given addresses are outstanding. He doesn't mind speaking out and is a well-balanced individual from what I can gather.

Gary Oldman - Perhaps the epitome of acting versatily and easily one of my favourite actors of all time. He was outstanding in Leon, vibrant in Bram Stoker's Dracula, interesting in The Fifth Element. He was Sirius Black, Drexl Spivey and Sid Vicious in Sid And Nancy. I'd also go as far as saying he was perfect as Commisioner Gordon in The Dark Knight Trilogy. I'd say he's underrated.

Ian McKellan - A brilliant actor who always delivers. Be it as Gandalf in The Lord Of The Rings or The Hobbit, Magneto in X-Men or even as Freddie in the sitcom Vicious to me he's like a seal of quality. I also commend his advocacy for gay rights.

Tim Roth - Very versatile and able to take on many roles seamlessly.

Samuel L. Jackson - I love this man. Especially for his role as Jules in Pulp Fiction.

Hate

Adam Sandler - Seriously. Nearly all of the film featuring or written by this man aside from perhaps The Waterboy have been terrible. With That's My Boy he hit a new low. His idea of comedy is poor. Somehow he keeps getting the demand. Good for him I suppose.

Jack Black - Can't stand the man. He dropkicked Ron Burgundy's dog off of a bridge in Anchorman and that's about as much as he can do. Don't get me started on Tenacious D...

Shia LeBeouf - Way too weird for me. I also find him creepy and he's unnerving.

Jaden Smith - I can't explain this one in many words. I think his attitude stinks.

Tom Green - Wrote and starred in Freddy Got Fingered , which is perhaps the most unfunny, distasteful and downright messed up film I have ever seen. His idea of humour is disgusting.

Kristen Stewart - Poor performances all around. Not versatile with 'the emotional range of a chair'. Some actors fear typecasting but Kristen doesn't need to worry about that.

Archived