• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Would be increadible if it happened, sadly I don't think it will. 

Well ordinarily you’d think not but because of the money it would take, both in fee and wages against Aubameyang’s age, none of the big clubs seem that interested. It’s reported that he wants to try the Premiere League so if you lot throw enough money at him then you never know? 

Unlikely but not impossible I’d say at this stage. 

• Administrator

i'm guessing his recent attitude problems are putting some clubs off. And there's better strikers out there performing at the moment? 

To be honest, if I was in his shoes, I'd say at Dortmund to continue playing in Europe as opposed to move to Everton right now. 

Does he even want to leave Dortmund?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

A lot of clubs looking to loan Ings.

Best thing for him to be honest. I like him but let’s face it, he ain’t getting anywhere near our bench, never mind the first team. 

I think if he can stay fit then Newcastle would be a great move!

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

i'm guessing his recent attitude problems are putting some clubs off. And there's better strikers out there performing at the moment? 

To be honest, if I was in his shoes, I'd say at Dortmund to continue playing in Europe as opposed to move to Everton right now. 

Does he even want to leave Dortmund?

Dortmund are out of the Champions League though and I doubt he's arsed about Europa (like us :ph34r:).

That's the only reason I can think of in support of it happening though. Weren't Real Madrid after him in the summer? Why would he accept Everton 6 months later?

Great signing though if we could get him and if there's any chance there's no harm in trying.

• Subscriber

Strong rumours we're signing Hatem Ben Arfa on loan. Puel had him producing some of his best ever form at Nice so I can see why he'd do it. I'm in favour of it actually, Puel strikes me as very methodical and he's one of the only managers to get some of that undoubted ability.

I'd personally loan out Iheanacho to someone like Brighton.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

I don't understand how Everton avoid getting stick for pursuing ridiculously unrealistic targets like West Ham do.

In the summer they were getting Costa, then Diego Simeone, and now Aubameyang. Jesus wept xD

Probably because we actually have some pedigree whereas West Ham are a glorified yo yo club. They are an example though of why you might as well keep trying for laughs because one day someone (Tevez and Mascherano for example) won't know what they're letting themselves in for and will come.

Most stories though turn out to be agents using us as a threat because they know we are supposedly rich.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hiring Fat Sam is hardly ambitious. 

can't have it both ways then, surely?

You can't stick it at them for hiring an 'unambitious' manager and then stick it at them some more for looking at signing 'big-name' players.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

can't have it both ways then, surely?

You can't stick it at them for hiring an 'unambitious' manager and then stick it at them some more for looking at signing 'big-name' players.

I haven’t ‘stuck it at them’ for trying to sign big name players? That’s what they should be doing. 

Hiring Fat Sam though as far as I’m concerned was not an ambitious move, more like total panic. 

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Probably because we actually have some pedigree whereas West Ham are a glorified yo yo club. They are an example though of why you might as well keep trying for laughs because one day someone (Tevez and Mascherano for example) won't know what they're letting themselves in for and will come.

Most stories though turn out to be agents using us as a threat because they know we are supposedly rich.

Having every manager under the sun reject you or rule themselves out surely shows that Everton aren't as attractive as they think they are. You may have pedigree, but modern footballers aren't really interested in how good you were in the 70's and 80's - trust me on that.

Mascherano and Tevez are different to Aubameyang or Costa in that they came from relative obscurity. West Ham were their ticket to Europe and very little else.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Having every manager under the sun reject you or rule themselves out surely shows that Everton aren't as attractive as they think they are. You may have pedigree, but modern footballers aren't really interested in how good you were in the 70's and 80's - trust me on that.

Mascherano and Tevez are different to Aubameyang or Costa in that they came from relative obscurity. West Ham were their ticket to Europe and very little else.

"every manager under the sun" like who? By all accounts Silva wanted to come but Watford blocked it. Fonseca was interested in talking but Shakhtar blocked it. If we actually did approach Ancelotti or Simeone then fine they turned us down but what does anyone expect? It doesn't cost us points or money to try. I can only speak for myself but I personally don't mock West Ham as a club for trying to be ambitious either, more their fans for being absolutely shocked that clubs like Everton or Leicester beat them to their transfer targets because they have that delusion that they think they're on a par. It's like if me and Cannabis came on here when Aubameyang joins Liverpool in January instead of us and acting as if it's an absolute outrage.

Anyway, should we just keep going after the Pickford's and Keane's of the world and accept never finishing higher than 7th? Do we deserve less stick for that?

Aubameyang isn't going to come because we won things in the 80s, obviously. If he does come, which I highly doubt, it'll be for a ridiculous pay check. Man City proved that the only way to become successful post the Sky-big four monopoly is by the brute force of just spending. I'm not saying we're the next Man City, but people laughed at them when they signed Robinho (who also blatantly only came for money, not for pedigree or trophies), it was "haha he thought he was signing for the other Manchester club ROFLOLMAO". Nobody's laughing at them now. Shooting above your station until one or two of them comes off is the only way to do anything besides tread water.

3 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Who is the the one with pace apart from Moses?

Willian. Musonda Jr. Kenedy. 

Players who are rapid but turn into donkey's in the final third. We should be going after that Arthur lad, only issue is that he would actually improve us. So that rules us out. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Willian. Musonda Jr. Kenedy. 

Players who are rapid but turn into donkey's in the final third. We should be going after that Arthur lad, only issue is that he would actually improve us. So that rules us out. 

Apart from Willian those two won't have a look in apart from the league cup

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Apart from Willian those two won't have a look in apart from the league cup

Like I said back in March, we should of given anything Monaco demanded for B.Silva. It was so clear that we only look at Hazard to create chances in the final third. 

His creativity is what we need. So many times we rely on Hazard to do something.

Kinell, what I would give to have Mata back. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived