The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

When he was killing teams all over the place I remember that the general consensus was that he is a world class player.  Obviously this isn’t aimed at you mate because I haven’t got the names of everyone that was saying that recorded in my retina. But that was the general consensus... Like I said on my previous post at the end... World Class is very subjective!

As for Gareth Bale... Nobody in Spain is blaming anything to do with injuries on his monologue style of playing the game.  Many great players have had serious injuries, more serious than Bale’s and returned to where they once were.  The problem with Bale is that he hasn’t really got all that much natural talent and his football is more based on physical strength. That’s probably why injuries have affected how poor he is when he has been playing for the last three years.

Why you continue to perpetuate this myth I have no idea. I can't even go into how silly it is to suggest he was only good because he was strong xD Just look at the highlight reel of goals he's scored for starters, incredible talent.

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Why you continue to perpetuate this myth I have no idea. I can't even go into how silly it is to suggest he was only good because he was strong xD Just look at the highlight reel of goals he's scored for starters, incredible talent.

He’s not seen as a natural talent where he plays. He’s seen in a similar light to Cristiano Ronaldo which is a player that bases his advantages on physique.  It’s not my opinion, it’s the opinion of pros that talk about football and Inagree with them... Didn’t know you thought that much of me that you think I’m the one who’s made this a common label put on his everywhere...  I feel humbled by your opinion of my powers. xD;)

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He’s not seen as a natural talent where he plays. He’s seen in a similar light to Cristiano Ronaldo which is a player that bases his advantages on physique.  It’s not my opinion, it’s the opinion of pros that talk about football and Inagree with them... Didn’t know you thought that much of me that you think I’m the one who’s made this a common label put on his everywhere...  I feel humbled by your opinion of my powers. xD;)

It's just not true - I don't see it anywhere else but from you. He's that rare gift, as Ronaldo is/was - of a combination of incredible physical attributes and natural talent. He used to be a scrawny beanpole when he broke through - he didn't become a teenage prodigy because of physical attributes, it was because of his natural talent. Just need to look at the amount of screamers in this compilation to know it's an ignorant opinion of his talent.

Lets be honest though, if he had played for Arsenal and Barcelona you wouldn't have this opinion.

20 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don't think it's a matter of his physique being his only strength, it's more like "would he be a world class player if he wasn't big and physically strong?". 

Personally I don't think Bale would be. He has a great shot but technically I wouldn't put him on a level with wingers like Robben, Ribéry, Di Maria, Insigne, Draxler, etc. The reason he's on their strata in terms of overall usefulness is because he has a physical dimension to his play that most wingers don't. 

4 minutes ago, Storts said:

It's just not true - I don't see it anywhere else but from you. He's that rare gift, as Ronaldo is/was - of a combination of incredible physical attributes and natural talent. He used to be a scrawny beanpole when he broke through - he didn't become a teenage prodigy because of physical attributes, it was because of his natural talent. Just need to look at the amount of screamers in this compilation to know it's an ignorant opinion of his talent.

Lets be honest though, if he had played for Arsenal and Barcelona you wouldn't have this opinion.

I don’t do that... I don’t give a damn where somebody played mate.  The problem is that he was a big player for you and that cloud s your judgment mate.

Anywhere, here are some news reels from the past where they talk about how his football is on the most part due to his physical ability which is part of the reason (they say) that he’s gets injured so much.

On the second link they not only talk about that but also that because Bale doesn’t have a creative mind in football terms and doesn’t know how to combine quickly with players, that he’s only good for a counter attacking side where he needs space in front of him to gallop.  A lack of technical ability  

https://www.ecosdelbalon.com/2017/08/analisis-tactico-gareth-bale-deportivo-coruna/

https://blogs.20minutos.es/al-contragolpe-futbol/tag/gareth-bale/

https://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/deportes/juega-Gareth-Bale-Real-Madrid_0_2213178685.html

https://www.cuatro.com/deportes/Cristiano-Ronaldo-Gareth-Bale-fisica_2_2028105137.html

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

Mkhitaryan's agent is Mino Raiola. Fucking hell, that scumbag needs to be shot. A part of me isn't too fond of this deal now if we have to deal with him.

Fingers crossed for Bayern coming in last second because of Ribery and Robben aging.

He has dealt with Arsenal a long time ago with Bergkamp.

1 minute ago, VanPaddy said:

Sanchez will be the biggest cunt if he did go to Man Utd, at least when RVP went they were good, sanchez has purely gone for money if he does complete this move. 

They weren't good. That was arguably the weakest United team under Fergie that won the league. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

They weren't good. That was arguably the weakest United team under Fergie that won the league. 

They won the league pretty comfortably with that team though and RVP was the star. Playing under Mourinho is not easy and this Man Utd team play some dreadful football at times. I can understand Sanchez to Man City even though i dont want him to go there. 

6 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

They won the league pretty comfortably with that team though and RVP was the star. Playing under Mourinho is not easy and this Man Utd team play some dreadful football at times. I can understand Sanchez to Man City even though i dont want him to go there. 

Agree. Best chance at silverware at United is a league cup or community shield at best. Might as well go to China if this is a money issue. 

6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Sanchez wants 400kpw. The fucking audacity. He'd fit right in at United. 

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but I can see this marriage between Mourinho and Sanchez going very sour. Huge egos. Not sure Alexis will be that happy in Jose's system, which tends to stifle creativity more than encourage it. We'll see. Maybe it will be a stroke of genius. But I can see it going either way. Possibly quickly.

Manchester United will give Alexis Sanchez wages of more than £500,000 per week to secure his signature plus a host of financial bonuses once the deal is complete.

Today's back pages are full of details suggesting Sanchez will cost United around £182m if he completes his mooted four-and-a-half-year contract at the club.

o.O

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived