talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Subscriber

Time for some pointless transfer odds from Sky Bet to try and generate some speculation here.

To sign for by end of January transfer window:

Alexis Sanchez

Man City 11/8

PSG 10/1

Islam Slimani

Watford 9/2

Andy Carroll

Everton 8/1

Newcastle 12/1

Steven N'Zonzi 

Arsenal 2/1

Everton 4/1

Daniel Sturridge 

West Ham 9/2

Newcastle 11/2

Danny Ings

Newcastle 4/1

West Ham 7/1

Danny Rose 

Man Utd 5/6

Emre Can 

Juventus 6/1

Man City 8/1

Fernando Torres

Newcastle 6/1

Southampton 8/1

Jonny Evans

Arsenal 4/1

Man City 4/1

Everton 7/1

Lamine Kone 

Everton 3/1

West Ham 5/1

West Brom 6/1

Leon Goretzka 

Man Utd 6/1

Liverpool 8/1

Luke Shaw 

Tottenham 7/4

Newcastle 7/1

Marouane Fellaini 

Besiktas 5/2

West Ham 8/1

Mesut Ozil 

Man Utd 11/2

Barcelona 11/1

Olivier Giroud 

Everton 6/1

Newcastle 9/1

Phillipe Coutinho

Barcelona 7/2

PSG 10/1

Riyad Mahrez 

Arsenal 2/1

Chelsea 8/1

Ross Barkley 

Tottenham 2/1

Chelsea 4/1

Ryan Bertrand 

Man City 13/8

Ryan Sessegnon 

Tottenham 5/2

Liverpool 8/1

Theo Walcott 

West Ham 7/2

Everton 9/2

Thomas Lemar 

Arsenal 6/1

Liverpool 6/1

Virgil Van Dijk 

Liverpool 6/4

Man City 9/2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

I think/hope we'd get rid of Ulloa before Slimani. 

I think Slimani's likely to be off. Not even in the squad this past two games while Ulloa has been.

28 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Fair to say Barkley can fuck right off, don't want him in January or ever. Made the club look like idiots, passed a medical then decided not to sign. 

He didn’t make anyone other than himself look like an idiot mate.  He’s the one who should be embarrassed and not the clubs involved.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He didn’t make anyone other than himself look like an idiot mate.  He’s the one who should be embarrassed and not the clubs involved.

How do you work that one out?

Just now, Storts said:

How do you work that one out?

I didn’t have to work anything out mate.  It’s all self evident without room for interpretations... he and his agent (with the blessing of the club that owns his contract) organise the transfer and the relevant protocol in terms of the final action which is a medical and the player pulls out of the transfer.  Where does either Everton FC or Chelsea FC look like idiots?  They done what is supposed to be done and only a spoiled brat that has no idea what he wants, obviously over values himself has created a situation of judgment... The result is that HE looks like the idiot, nobody else.

58 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Basically the club as well, we arranged for him a medical, agreed the price and it went public just for him to say no. He can fuck off to Tottenham

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Basically the club as well, we arranged for him a medical, agreed the price and it went public just for him to say no. He can fuck off to Tottenham

Mate... That’s what clubs do! So how did Chelsea do anything different to what any club does on a player transfer protocol? The fact it went public isn’t down to any club and is all down to agents making a boom about these things because it favours them.

I only see one person looking stupid and you must also remember another thing and that is that he was dropped by his former coach and that also went public on his (Barkley) treatment of his club Everton.  You can’t just take one action and judge on that when in a case such as this one we have a whole story to look at and then basically make an easy valid opinion. Barkley obviously rates himself very highly which isn’t an issue here... The issue is when the confidence you have in yourself takes you into acting like a fool, acting like you’re something special, acting like players on a different stratosphere to him don’t act.

I repeat...  There’s only one fool here.

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I didn’t have to work anything out mate.  It’s all self evident without room for interpretations... he and his agent (with the blessing of the club that owns his contract) organise the transfer and the relevant protocol in terms of the final action which is a medical and the player pulls out of the transfer.  Where does either Everton FC or Chelsea FC look like idiots?  They done what is supposed to be done and only a spoiled brat that has no idea what he wants, obviously over values himself has created a situation of judgment... The result is that HE looks like the idiot, nobody else.

I don't think he looks like an idiot at all - I don't think anyone does. Nothing to do with being a spoiled brat, just usual hyperbolic nonsense from you. He clearly wasn't happy with the move, was injured for 3 months anyway and didn't want to rush into anything. Very smart considering what has happened at Everton since and his potential options going forward. Barkley should be praised for not just jumping ship for more money and actually thinking about his next career move. At that stage Chelsea wasn't it. Hope he gets himself fit and playing football again.

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

I don't think he looks like an idiot at all - I don't think anyone does. Nothing to do with being a spoiled brat, just usual hyperbolic nonsense from you. He clearly wasn't happy with the move, was injured for 3 months anyway and didn't want to rush into anything. Very smart considering what has happened at Everton since and his potential options going forward. Barkley should be praised for not just jumping ship for more money and actually thinking about his next career move. At that stage Chelsea wasn't it. Hope he gets himself fit and playing football again.

There’s no hyperbolic nonsense... In a case such as this there are facts Storts, facts due to the nature of the whole Barkley situation being public and even having his owning club treat him exactly like what he is, a spoiled brat.

What we do have from you though is the usual auto-defensive mechanism of anything your club is involved in where no wrong is ever done and it’s always someone else’s fault. What I do enjoy though is that with me at least you can’t throw stones where they have “Arsenal fan” written on them so as to justify anything negative that surrounds your club because I don’t see you guys as rivals and as you well know, I’ve never acted in that manner.  Instead you throw “hyperbolic nonsense” in my direction when you know I’m right. But this happens mate, it happens to the best of us. :P

What's this Barkley over-rating himself bullshit?

He wanted to sign for a team that finished below Chelsea, on considerably less money for the good of his career because the manager at Spurs values younger English talent. And he probably still wants to sign for them. 

Also, how did we treat him like a spoiled brat? 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, HK85 said:

What's this Barkley over-rating himself bullshit?

He wanted to sign for a team that finished below Chelsea, on considerably less money for the good of his career because the manager at Spurs values younger English talent. And he probably still wants to sign for them. 

Also, how did we treat him like a spoiled brat? 

Exactly - if anything whilst his departure from Everton, if it happens, could have been handled better (although I take it he and Koeman did not get on) - he's actually making mature decisions for the benefit of his career

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There’s no hyperbolic nonsense... In a case such as this there are facts Storts, facts due to the nature of the whole Barkley situation being public and even having his owning club treat him exactly like what he is, a spoiled brat.

What we do have from you though is the usual auto-defensive mechanism of anything your club is involved in where no wrong is ever done and it’s always someone else’s fault. What I do enjoy though is that with me at least you can’t throw stones where they have “Arsenal fan” written on them so as to justify anything negative that surrounds your club because I don’t see you guys as rivals and as you well know, I’ve never acted in that manner.  Instead you throw “hyperbolic nonsense” in my direction when you know I’m right. But this happens mate, it happens to the best of us. :P

You just have to read HK85's post below to see how wrong you - and it was exactly as I said it, hyperbolic nonsense.

This is nothing to do with us? I didn't make any comment and it's purely with Barkley and Chelsea. To take you back to what you said, you said he looked like an idiot, not the clubs. I don't think any of them do. The second part of the paragraph is also just completely irrelevant and trying to take things away from the real argument that you're criticising Barkley for making a mature decision for his career and not just chasing money and the first move out of the club because he wants to leave. Why you always think you're right I don't know, but this arrogance doesn't wash with me.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

You just have to read HK85's post below to see how wrong you - and it was exactly as I said it, hyperbolic nonsense.

This is nothing to do with us? I didn't make any comment and it's purely with Barkley and Chelsea. To take you back to what you said, you said he looked like an idiot, not the clubs. I don't think any of them do. The second part of the paragraph is also just completely irrelevant and trying to take things away from the real argument that you're criticising Barkley for making a mature decision for his career and not just chasing money and the first move out of the club because he wants to leave. Why you always think you're right I don't know, but this arrogance doesn't wash with me.

What arrogance? Hahaha

There are no instances of arrogance at all here mate apart from you accusing me of spurting hyperbolic nonsense.  I said what I said which was directed at True Blue in the sense that Chelsea didn’t look like idiots at all and if anyone did look like an idiot it was Barkley.  He was the one who pulled out of a done deal at the final moment coupled with the historionics surrounding his summer while an Everton player which was also public.  If you personally feel that his actions at Everton where he was dropped by his coach and where it was also public knowledge that he was having problems with the Everton hierarchy, if you feel that isn’t enough of a legitimate bunch of details to say hes looking like the one at fault and a spoiled brat, then that’s your prerogative. I have no issue with that in the same manner that as I have written, there are enough details surrounding him during the summer and this campaign to blame only himself for his current situation.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If you personally feel that his actions at Everton where he was dropped by his coach and where it was also public knowledge that he was having problems with the Everton hierarchy

When was he dropped?

Hopefully someone can take Alexis off our hands. I'd rather just take a fee now then watch him move half-arsed round the pitch for the rest of the season. Also would love us to bin off Elneny and actually bring in a decent midfielder in his place as we lack serious depth in midfield. Doubt we will make any moves though. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived