talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jack Wilshire to West Ham I reckon would be a really good move if he could stay fit.

this is the 'problem' with Wilshere. It's always going to be a pre-requisite for him.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilshere on ability once he had a good run of games behind him was class, one touch footballer who is perfect in central midfield as he would drive forward into the box either coming in late or playing one twos around him to set himself or someone else up...great for a centre mid in an attacking sense. But his injuries have completely robbed him and I can't ever see him living up to his potential. He'll be on Sky Sports before he's 30.

Would be a terrible signing from West Ham, he couldn't even get into the Bournemouth team. Where's the long term thinking? Surely there are better options out there for even a short term gain.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Danny said:

Wilshere on ability once he had a good run of games behind him was class, one touch footballer who is perfect in central midfield as he would drive forward into the box either coming in late or playing one twos around him to set himself or someone else up...great for a centre mid in an attacking sense. But his injuries have completely robbed him and I can't ever see him living up to his potential. He'll be on Sky Sports before he's 30.

Would be a terrible signing from West Ham, he couldn't even get into the Bournemouth team. Where's the long term thinking? Surely there are better options out there for even a short term gain.

When has that ever stopped West Ham? Joe Hart on loan, Zabaleta and Chicharito in the summer. They're awful for signings like that. If you'd back one club to pay over the odds for Wilshere it would have to be them.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jack Wilshire to West Ham I reckon would be a really good move if he could stay fit.

I think we will give him a new deal. He has been pretty good in all the games he has played this season and with the inevitable losses of Özil and Alexis, I can't see him going.

On 12/13/2017 at 6:09 AM, Storts said:

You just have to read HK85's post below to see how wrong you - and it was exactly as I said it, hyperbolic nonsense.

This is nothing to do with us? I didn't make any comment and it's purely with Barkley and Chelsea. To take you back to what you said, you said he looked like an idiot, not the clubs. I don't think any of them do. The second part of the paragraph is also just completely irrelevant and trying to take things away from the real argument that you're criticising Barkley for making a mature decision for his career and not just chasing money and the first move out of the club because he wants to leave. Why you always think you're right I don't know, but this arrogance doesn't wash with me.

He just doesn't understand. The worst part is we're all saying it to him but he still won't listen. One thing is debate, another is not listening to anyone else.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

He seems more focused this season with the World Cup looming. As a loan deal I can't see them going far wrong given the lack of investment involved.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

When has that ever stopped West Ham? Joe Hart on loan, Zabaleta and Chicharito in the summer. They're awful for signings like that. If you'd back one club to pay over the odds for Wilshere it would have to be them.

Hernandez was a good signing I thought 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Danny said:

Hernandez was a good signing I thought 

More in the sense of it being long-term. Hernandez has always been a good finisher but a crock on big money and he isn't exactly a youngster either.

In other news we're linked with Pavel Kaderabek of Hoffenheim. Right back.

Wilshere strikes me as a guy who is prepared to put his love with his club before a place on the plane to Russia.

With that said I expect him to sign the new contract at Arsenal and find his own name etched into their bench.

Wonderful player who tends to tackle by going to ground exposing himself to injury.

If he were to leave it would benefit him if he went on the continent as his game would be loved there and the protection he would get from officials would allow him to flourish.

Alas that could be said about many players playing in our league.

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Reports Man City are set to bid for VVD. 

Smashing :banana:

Looks like they’re out to buy everyone in the world even people that don’t play football just in case they one day decide to play the game and are decent at it. xD

• Subscriber

If he plays anything like he did on Wednesday for them then they might not win the league after all. He was embarrassingly bad. Southampton should've cashed in in the summer as he's clearly not arsed.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

If he plays anything like he did on Wednesday for them then they might not win the league after all. He was embarrassingly bad. Southampton should've cashed in in the summer as he's clearly not arsed.

The attitude some footballers have to just shut off and stop giving 100% because they don't like a manager or because they want a transfer is absolutely disgusting. I'm surprised Pep would be interested in somebody with that mentality.

28 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The attitude some footballers have to just shut off and stop giving 100% because they don't like a manager or because they want a transfer is absolutely disgusting. I'm surprised Pep would be interested in somebody with that mentality.

An attitude like Sakho you mean :ph34r:

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

It’s probably bollocks but if it is true then he’s more likely Can’s replacement who is off in the summer. 

Henderson needs replacing anyway

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Real have been pretty strong in saying he's not going anywhere. Think it's likely bollocks

He's won everything already in Spain, bar the Copa Del Rey. Not to mention he won't ever get ahead of Kroos, Asensio, Isco, Modric, or Casemiro. 

If he's looking for first team football, and Liverpool come knocking, think he'd leave. Especially considering Liverpool are building a solid side. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Henderson needs replacing anyway

He’s still good enough to keep around as a squad player for sure. He’s pretty versatile and English which helps with the quota. He’s been in poor form for a while now granted but he’s not been helped by being played as a #6, that’s just not his best position at all. Far better where he played in the ‘nearly’ season as a hustler further up the pitch. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He's won everything already in Spain, bar the Copa Del Rey. Not to mention he won't ever get ahead of Kroos, Asensio, Isco, Modric, or Casemiro. 

If he's looking for first team football, and Liverpool come knocking, think he'd leave. Especially considering Liverpool are building a solid side. 

You don't leave Real Madrid unless they want you to leave. Would be shocked if this happened

5 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

We have agreed terms for Real Madrid’s Mateo Kovacic according to the *cough cough* Daily Mail :coffee:

Did you copy and paste the name which is what seems to have distorted the rest of your post? xD

I would be very surprised if Real Madrid let go of anyone unless they sign replacements. They’ve already been massacred in the Madrid based press this season and most journalists blame their very indifferent form on the players that departed in the summer. Kovacić isn’t a first team player by a long margin but when he does play he is given a key role and does it admirably. If you manage this signing it would be very very good for you guys. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived