talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Did you copy and paste the name which is what seems to have distorted the rest of your post? xD

I would be very surprised if Real Madrid let go of anyone unless they sign replacements. They’ve already been massacred in the Madrid based press this season and most journalists blame their very indifferent form on the players that departed in the summer. Kovacić isn’t a first team player by a long margin but when he does play he is given a key role and does it admirably. If you manage this signing it would be very very good for you guys. 

I did mate yes xD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Islam Slimani leaving in January. Not surprised and truth be told nor am I disappointed. I think it's been in the pipeline for a while with him not even making the squad in recent weeks. 

A reliable bloke on our forum has given the story which I had heard rumours of, saying that the bloke's a bad apple in the dressing room, not popular at all, thinks he's a lot bigger than he is, constantly whinged at every manager we've had since signing him. Appleton told Puel pretty much immediately to be wary of him and it's not taken Puel long to think get rid. He'll be leaving in January with Watford linked, and I could see others such as Everton, Crystal Palace or even Newcastle going for him as they all need a forward. I don't think he's bad, he's absolutely brilliant at finishing with his head, but he hasn't got a great deal else and for what we paid it's criminal. Nearly thirty million for a bad character and a bad tactical fit. The total opposite of what made us successful.

I think in the right side he'll get goals but he was a poorly thought out signing from the off. I'd take £15mil for him although I'd like to see how desperate some other sides get for a forward and how much they'd be willing to pay us. Interestingly both him and Iheanacho seem out of favour - the latter has been a huge disappointment so far, has done absolutely nothing yet and looks every inch another big money flop from us, although he is young enough to get better so it's too early to write him off completely.

• Subscriber
On 12/17/2017 at 9:14 AM, Cannabis said:

Slimani has looked just as bad as Ulloa and Musa whenever I've seen him. You seem to love a shite striker at Leicester. Funny to see how I was right about Ihenacho too, people were jizzing over him up and down the country saying that he would be tearing up the league when you just knew that wasn't going to be the case. He's got a lot to learn, needs time and probably will get there but expecting him to do it all himself is just naive. 

Haven't got a clue who said that about Iheanacho. Ulloa's been worth the money even if he is past it now. Musa is garbage. Slimani better but we overpaid enormously.

• The topic was pinned

Walcott would be a quality little signing for anyone providing the price is cheap. He'll grab you 15 goals a season easily from the right-wing if you give him the games. Not the most technically brilliant, but he is extremely smart off the ball and get's into very good goalscoring postions.

Has been given a bad reputation for not becoming something more, but he does have his qualities.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived