• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018

football forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Apparently he’s been omitted from the Southampton squad and a deal to City is imminent. 

Wow, I think they are 100% getting Alexis Sanchez in the summer as well on a free. City could win the next few titles if Guardiola sticks around.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Wow, I think they are 100% getting Alexis Sanchez in the summer as well on a free. City could win the next few titles if Guardiola sticks around.

Yep. With the squad they have and with the new additions, coupled with Pep... I can’t see how anyone is going to get near them for the foreseeable future. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Does Sanchez improve them though? 

And I'm willing to bet us and United will spend a shit ton next summer. Liverpool as well. 

I agree, but sometimes it doesn’t matter how much money you have because the answer is always signing the players you actually need and that suit what your coach wants to implement.

Another question is, what’s out there because when clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, City or any top Premier League club goes in for a player, the price is overinflated and more times than not you’re getting above average players in that manner that cost an arm and a leg.

Don’t you think?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I agree, but sometimes it doesn’t matter how much money you have because the answer is always signing the players you actually need and that suit what your coach wants to implement.

Another question is, what’s out there because when clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea, City or any top Premier League club goes in for a player, the price is overinflated and more times than not you’re getting above average players in that manner that cost an arm and a leg.

Don’t you think?

Clearly. Drinkwater, Batshuayi, and Zappacosta prime examples. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Does Sanchez improve them though? 

And I'm willing to bet us and United will spend a shit ton next summer. Liverpool as well. 

He will improve anybody really. How he fits rotation wise would be interesting  

We should all spend our money quick because I’m pretty certain the Bank of England have got their eye on Mourinho and Man Utd spending so much (again and again and again........) and will have to adjust inflation. May & Co coupled with Brexit aren't to blame for our nation’s state. :ph34r: 

• Administrator

We desperately need a RB in January, or summer at the latest. 

Simpson possibly has a hamstring injury and Amartey isn't good there anyway, regardless of the red card yesterday. Think only Dragovic can play there now so we're fucked if he gets injured too or banned. 

• Subscriber
On 12/24/2017 at 3:00 PM, Stan said:

We desperately need a RB in January, or summer at the latest. 

Simpson possibly has a hamstring injury and Amartey isn't good there anyway, regardless of the red card yesterday. Think only Dragovic can play there now so we're fucked if he gets injured too or banned. 

I think we'd have got one without the Simpson / Amartey scenario. Now we're possibly without Simpson for a while and have a dodgy Amartey as possibly first choice we might speed our deal up so we get it done by January 29th.

• Subscriber

It's being reported from reliables at our end that we're in for Kieran Trippier. I think it would be a good signing for us, an upgrade on Simpson you'd have to say, and a more attacking threat which is clearly what Puel wants from his full backs.

However, the fees being thrown around are absolutely bonkers. We are reportedly happy to pay them £30mil, and they're trying to get it up to £40mil.

Don't hit me with this "it's not your money" shite as it's totally irrelevant. We pay that and we absolutely will not progress. We're just fueling a far better model than our own, if so.

For me I'd go half of that at the maximum and if we can't get him then look abroad. Musa and Slimani failing doesn't mean foreign signings don't work. I throw you Kante and Ndidi.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

It's being reported from reliables at our end that we're in for Kieran Trippier. I think it would be a good signing for us, an upgrade on Simpson you'd have to say, and a more attacking threat which is clearly what Puel wants from his full backs.

However, the fees being thrown around are absolutely bonkers. We are reportedly happy to pay them £30mil, and they're trying to get it up to £40mil.

Don't hit me with this "it's not your money" shite as it's totally irrelevant. We pay that and we absolutely will not progress. We're just fueling a far better model than our own, if so.

For me I'd go half of that at the maximum and if we can't get him then look abroad. Musa and Slimani failing doesn't mean foreign signings don't work. I throw you Kante and Ndidi.

Cannot see that happening at all. Trippier is an integral part of Spurs' squad. I can't imagine he'd want to leave either. He's rated first choice above Aurier for starters.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Cannot see that happening at all. Trippier is an integral part of Spurs' squad. I can't imagine he'd want to leave either. He's rated first choice above Aurier for starters.

Is he though?

Fee finally agreed for van Dijk according to the Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

I'm really, really apprehensive about this. Van Dijk's had a poor season so far, and every week I become more and more convinced that our defensive problems aren't down to the individuals in our back four as much as they are down to organisation, protection from the midfield, and the goalkeeper.

43 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Fee finally agreed for van Dijk according to the Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/12/27/liverpool-agree-world-record-75m-deal-virgil-van-dijk/

I'm really, really apprehensive about this. Van Dijk's had a poor season so far, and every week I become more and more convinced that our defensive problems aren't down to the individuals in our back four as much as they are down to organisation, protection from the midfield, and the goalkeeper.

Van Dijk hasn't shown his true quality for sure this season but it's painfully obvious he is playing within himself for an easier life till he get's his move. He desn't give a single fuck about Southampton, it is what it is to him. The minute he goes, he raises his game for sure.

Personally I think it boils down to two simple questions. Is Van Dijk worth £75m? No. Will Van Dijk be an improvement on what Liverpool already have? Yes.

And if improving on what you have is worth a couple extra places in the league, that £75m will not be that big an issue. 

Liverpool should have got this one over the line in the summer. They should get it done now before City panic buy him. There is no doubt he's a brilliant defender, better than anyone presently at Liverpool in his position.

2 hours ago, Dan said:

Is he though?

I'd say so. And I certainly don't think Pochettino would sanction that move if it was up to him. Trippier is clearly the preferred option with Aurier as the alternative, mainly bought for his experience at Champions League level.

Why would Trippier go? This is my thoughts...

He's waited two season's at Spurs to finally break in the team as a first choice player, having seen off Kyle Walker.

He's having a vey decent season with a string of impressive performances that show the club aren't missing Walker.

He's signed a five year contract for a club that is on the verge of moving into a new stadium and having an incredibly bright future.

He's playing under one of the most highly regarded managers around at present who can only improve him as a player and nurture his development.

He's competing at the highest level in the Champions League for a team fighting in all competitions still.

It's World Cup year so he will want to show he should be first choice for the summer by continuing to prove he can hold his own at the highest level,

And why would he to go to a team that will not be competing for anything this season bar a slim outside chance of the FA Cup? 

To me, it makes no logical sense. If Aurier was playing the majority of the games and Trippier was more the 'back up', then I'd understand but that doesn't appear to be the case. Just my opinion though.

• The title was changed to Premier League Transfer Rumours 2018
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived