talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish Transfers & Rumours

football forum

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

every time i've seen him he's looked like one of the worst strikers I've seen.

Surprised they're getting that much for him. How much did they get him for?

He's the top scorer in Scotland and we got him for £1m.

Sky sources understand Celtic will sign Dundee goalkeeper Scott Bain on loan until the end of the season after Hibernianagreed to cut short his loan deal.

Hibernian will sign Celtic midfielder Scott Allan on loan after Dundee agreed to cut short their loan deal. Allan played for Hibernian between 2014-2015

Hibernian striker Simon Murray will sign for Dundee on loan until the end of the season.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Subscriber

FOOTBALL GOSSIP

Tractor Sazi have reported former Kilmarnock striker Lee Erwin and ex-Celtic and Hibernian forward Anthony Stokes to the world governing body Fifa after the pair quit the Iranian top-flight club claiming personal problems. (Daily Record)

Scotland centre-half David Bates, who has been linked with Arsenal and Everton, says he is not interested in moving from the German second tier at present as he is loving life with Hamburg.  (Scottish Sun, print edition)

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard will block any attempt by Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka to take centre-half Joe Worrall back from his season-long loan at Ibrox and there is no clause in the contract allowing it. (Scottish Sun)

Swansea City are expected to make a transfer move for Ayr United striker Lawrence Shankland this week, with the English Championship club ready to offer around £200,000 for the 23-year-old. (Daily Express, print edition)

Liverpool and Netherlands centre-half Virgil van Dijk says his spell at Celtic was pivotal in him becoming one of the best defenders in the world. (Daily Record)

Scottish Championship strugglers Falkirk are poised to make a January transfer move to sign Motherwell striker Ross MacLean on a permanent basis, with the 21-year-old having fallen out of favour on loan to Greenock Morton. (Daily Express, print edition)

Former Rangers forward Michael O'Halloran hopes to make his Melbourne City debut in their derby with Melbourne Victory on 22 December after being kept out of action by a hamstring injury picked up ahead of the A-League season. (Scottish Sun)

Steven Gerrard says he is finding it hard to stick up for his players after Alfredo Morelos became the eighth Ibrox player to be shown a red card this season - and the Rangers manager admitted that Kyle Lafferty could also have been sent off in the 1-0 defeat by Aberdeen.(The Herald)

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes was "astonished" by the second yellow card that led to Sam Cosgrove being sent off in Wednesday's 1-0 win over Rangers. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has warned that players frustrated at not getting regular game time will be direction to Wednesday's performance in a 1-1 draw with Motherwell at Fir Park. (Evening Times)

Hibernian assistant Garry Parker says Florian Kamberi was taken off after 53 minutes in Wednesday's 2-2 draw with St Mirren because head coach Neil Lennon wanted the striker "to do better in everything".(Edinburgh Evening News)

Assistant head coach Garry Parker admits Hibernian are in desperate need of January reinforcements after their run without a victory was extended to seven matches.  (Edinburgh Evening News)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46464758

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

FOOTBALL GOSSIP

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers admits he could lose captain Scott Brown to Australian side Western Melbourne. Western Melbourne. (Daily Record)

Rodgers has sanctioned a new two-year deal to keep Brown, 33, at Celtic. (Sun)

Celtic skipper Brown has earned the right to a lucrative move to Australia, says Rodgers. . (Scotsman)

And Rodgers says Brown could be Celtic manager one day. ((Herald - subscription required)

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard fears on-loan Liverpool midfielder Ovie Ejaria wants to cut short his stay at Ibrox.  (Daily Express)

And Rangers boss Gerrard will not stand in the way of Ejaria returning to Liverpool.  (Daily Mail)

Former Rangers player Ronald de Boer has urged the club's fans to give manager Gerrard more time to deliver success following the Ibrox side's Europa League exit.  (National)

Celtic made an enquiry about the availability of Everton midfielder Tom Davies, who has been told he will not be loaned out in January.  (Daily Mail)

Ryan Christie did not break his ankle after being taken off on a stretcher during Celtic's defeat by Salzburg on Thursday but the player faces further scans.  (Sun)

Aberdeen captain Graeme Shinnie is not in a hurry to make a decision about his future, with his contract up at the end of the season.(Daily Record)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46577772

• Subscriber

Scottish Gossip: Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Lennon, Gerrard, Rodgers, Hearts, Aberdeen

19 December 2018 | Scottish

Hibs boss Neil Lennon insisted it took real guts for Steven Gerrard to step into his first managerial role at a club as big as Rangers.  (Daily Record)

Brendan Rodgers has urged his shattered Celtic stars to give him one final push in 2018. The Hoops play their 67th game of the year when they host Motherwell. (Scottish Sun)

Brendan Rodgers has been listed by bookmakers among the leading contenders to become the next Manchester United boss following the sacking of Jose Mourinho yesterday. (Scotsman, print edition)

Craig Levein admits he can't find a way to fix Hearts' striker crisis, after seeing his side hit just four goals in their last nine games.  (Scottish Sun)

Derek McInnes watched his five-star side crank up the heat at the top of the table - and then warned Aberdeen have still to hit top gear.  (Daily Record)

Hearts have warned that they are on the verge of closing a section of their new stand as they look to root out anti-social behaviour and unsavoury singing within their own support. (Scotsman, print edition)

Celtic winger James Forrest is backing chilled-out Odsonne Edouard to turn red-hot and fire the Hoops' title charge. Edouard has managed just one goal in his last eight games. (Daily Record)

Rangers are weighing up a January move for Chicago Fire midfielder Matt Polster (Scottish Sun)

Ronnie MacDonald has stepped down as chairman of Hamilton and been succeeded by former manager Allan Maitland. (Herald, print edition)

Ann Budge has assured supporters that Hearts' mystery benefactors have no say in how their investment in the club is spent.. (Edinburgh Evening News)

Stephen Robinson, the Motherwell manager, admitted he will be forced to make changes against Celtic to avoid a repeat of the injury problems which hit his side last December (Herald)

Hibs boss Neil Lennon insisted it took real guts for Steven Gerrard to step into his first managerial role at a club as big as Rangers. (Daily Record)

Brendan Rodgers has urged his shattered Celtic stars to give him one final push in 2018. The Hoops play their 67th game of the year when they host Motherwell. (Scottish Sun)

Brendan Rodgers has been listed by bookmakers among the leading contenders to become the next Manchester United boss following the sacking of Jose Mourinho yesterday. (Scotsman, print edition)

Craig Levein admits he can't find a way to fix Hearts' striker crisis, after seeing his side hit just four goals in their last nine games. (Scottish Sun)

Derek McInnes watched his five-star side crank up the heat at the top of the table - and then warned Aberdeen have still to hit top gear. (Daily Record)

Hearts have warned that they are on the verge of closing a section of their new stand as they look to root out anti-social behaviour and unsavoury singing within their own support. (Scotsman, print edition)

Celtic winger James Forrest is backing chilled-out Odsonne Edouard to turn red-hot and fire the Hoops' title charge. Edouard has managed just one goal in his last eight games.  (Daily Record)

Rangers are weighing up a January move for Chicago Fire midfielder Matt Polster (Scottish Sun)

Ronnie MacDonald has stepped down as chairman of Hamilton and been succeeded by former manager Allan Maitland. (Herald, print edition)

Ann Budge has assured supporters that Hearts' mystery benefactors have no say in how their investment in the club is spent.  (Edinburgh Evening News)

Stephen Robinson, the Motherwell manager, admitted he will be forced to make changes against Celtic to avoid a repeat of the injury problems which hit his side last December.  (Herald)

Dundee United striker Nicky Clark will be out for at least another three weeks after suffering an injury setback. (Scottish Daily Mail, print edition)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46616862

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Scottish Transfers & Rumours
  • Subscriber

83402771_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.85fd3ff3f4e2fd95b857518057695353.png

David Turnbull: Motherwell midfielder's Celtic move collapses

David Turnbull's £3.25m move to Celtic from Motherwell has collapsed after it emerged that the midfielder needs "immediate preventative" knee surgery.

The clubs had been in talks after the deal was delayed following a medical and after a four-year deal was agreed.

Motherwell says Celtic were still keen to sign Turnbull, 19, but that terms could not be struck after the Scottish champions submitted a revised offer.

Turnbull will now have an operation and will be out for "an extended period".

"We will give David all the support he needs during this process," read a statement from the Fir Park club.

"We wish him the best with his procedure and rehabilitation, and look forward to watching him play in claret and amber again in the near future."

More

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Joel Pereira: Manchester United goalkeeper joins Hearts on loan

Hearts have signed Manchester United goalkeeper Joel Pereira on a season-long loan deal.

The Swiss-born 23-year-old moved to Old Trafford in 2012 and has made three appearances for United.

A Portugal U21 international, he has been loaned to Belenenses and Vitoria Setubal and spent the second half of last season at Kortrijk in Belgium.

Pereira will be available for Friday's League Cup visit to Motherwell if clearance arrives in time.

"I spoke with the staff at Manchester United and the idea was for me to get out there on loan and get as many minutes as I can," said Pereira.

"I'm fitter than ever. I knew that I was going on loan so I knew that I had to be sharp and be ready for whatever was coming up.

"Now I'm here, fitter than ever and I'm hungry for more and can't wait to get started."

The new arrival will provide competition for Zdenek Zlamal, who has started all six games this season, and Colin Doyle, who recently extended his contract until 2021.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49328509

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.e9018b813f88c82347ef952b261cc491.png

Ryotaro Meshino: Hearts sign Manchester City midfielder on loan

Ryotaro Meshino says he turned down other European clubs to join Hearts on loan from Manchester City.

The 21-year-old playmaker signed for City from Gamba Osaka on the Premier League's August deadline day.

Subject to international clearance, Meshino could be involved in Saturday's Premiership game against Hamilton Academical at Tynecastle.

"I visited many clubs in Europe and I felt that at Hearts, it was the best feeling," he told Hearts TV.

"The people at the club really wanted me to come here and this was the most important thing when I visited.

FULL REPORT

• 3 weeks later...