talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Scottish Transfers & Rumours

football forum

• Subscriber
On 19/01/2020 at 09:37, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.306c972c4511a4c6db2308e7a337f317.png

Crystal Palace have agreed a fee with Dundee United for 18-year-old Scottish winger Scott Banks. (Sunday Express)

Crystal Palace boss Roy Hodgson is expecting to sign 18-year-old Scottish winger Scott Banks from Dundee United in the next few days. (Football.London)

4 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Norwegian club Stabæk Fotball

And to complete the oddity, they paid a fee and signed him for 4 and a half years. Which isn't exactly common in Scottish football.

You mean the contract length is too long? Do they only usually do 2/3 years? Why’s that?

12 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You mean the contract length is too long? Do they only usually do 2/3 years? Why’s that?

Normally a signing would only get a two or three year deal, and a three year deal would be only at the 'bigger' club (Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs). 

Things are a bit different for players already at the club, like Scott McKenna at Aberdeen is signed through 2024, players who have 'proved' themselves.

After reading the club's press release, seems the signing came from the linkup with Atlanta United and their knowledge of South American players.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Don't know much to be honest. Seen him a few times for our reserves and he's very strong. Good positioning and capability on the ball. 

Given his age I suspect he wanted more of a chance of starting to play and didn't fancy a loan. 

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

I can honestly say I have hardly seen him play, I've massively slacked watching our youth games this season - he was relatively highly rated at a point though I think but I think if that was still the case we wouldn't be selling him to Rangers.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rab said:

Clive is a pretty good "signing" for a football teams TV channel. I've seen his instagram videos with the amount of effort he puts into his notes before each game.

Some of the clubs seem to be putting together a better broadcasting team than Sky Sports have on offer. Certainly more worthwhile than the usual Andy Walker, Kris Boyd and Kris Commons offerings...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...