talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mesut Özil Signs New Arsenal Contract

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that we’ve done a lot in a window that is usually very difficult to work within. I’m not all that fussed with Özil’s renewal but that’s just me I suppose.  I’ve agonised with him at The Emirates for too long!  But anyway, he was in his last few months contract with us and this protects our interests I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Agree, hopefully this shake-up continues. This is the first window in forever where we have been ruthless and actually improved.

Well they have 2 new people in to tie up deals, not in the past by fucking around with things like Suarez and Higuain. 

3 minutes ago, VanPaddy said:

Well they have 2 new people in to tie up deals, not in the past buy fucking around with things like Suarez and Higuain. 

I think finally Wenger losing some of his control has helped. I can't believe for a second he has been in complete control over business this window, no way would he have made these moves.

Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

I think finally Wenger losing some of his control has helped. I can't believe for a second he has been in complete control over business this window, no way would he have made these moves.

Wenger would not go in for players who are 29 years old, he never has in the past. 

It's an impressive forwardline they've got here now but the midfield and defence remains a problem.

Theyve signed a better forward in Aubemeyang than Sanchez, brought in Mhki, extended Ozil and now Lacazette has time to grow and settle in.

1 hour ago, True Blue said:

Any truth in the 350k wages per week?

Yeah David Ornstein confirmed it and his information is always very reliable.

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Arsenal have no money tho

It was such a myth we couldn't afford these types of moves, we're the 6th or 7th most valuable club in world football. It's about time we started acting like it.

• Administrator
Just now, Redcanuck said:

Playing Devil's advocate here,  any chance there is a deal, sign a new contract and we let you leave in summer if you still want to and we get the price we want? Or I am just a suspicious git?

stranger things have happened in football mate!

Means Arsenal get a fee in the summer, if so, as opposed to losing him for free in summer.

Just now, 6666 said:

Great news. Hopefully in the summer we can get a new keeper, central defender and actual defensive midfielder. We'll have a complete team then.

That is a lot of money in today's market, especially with other top teams looking for similar type players who happen to be at a premium.   Arsenal has the money, but will they spend that type of money this summer?

World class player on his day, but those days dont come often. Pretty sure he stayed only because of the money and for the fact that no big club really wanted him?

Just hoping he plays the same way he was playing in the last couple of months or so, where he was brilliant for the most part.

Archived