talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Pogba overrated?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he is, but with that price tag he's on a hiding to nothing.

I do expect him to improve next season, but at times this season he's looked uninterested. I don't know if he's feeling the pressure of the price tag or not, he is a top player though but I wouldn't put him in the world class bracket his price tag certainly suggests.

Still remember when people were trying to defend Torres when he came here. 

"He's not getting enough service!" "The System doesn't suit him!"

Except when the ball did come at his feet...he missed open nets....

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Still remember when people were trying to defend Torres when he came here. 

"He's not getting enough service!" "The System doesn't suit him!"

Except when the ball did come at his feet...he missed open nets....

Yeah but remember, it's the system that has made Pogba miss chance after chance, misplace passes, lazy and lightweight! If only he had marchisio and pirlo to make him look decent!

Who gives a shit how many passes he has made? Without context they could be all passed back to the goalkeeper and he could have a passing success percentage of 5%. What did the take-ons accomplish? A missed shot on goal? Again what is he success percentage? 'Chances created' is just a fancy term for 'failed assist'.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Who gives a shit how many passes he has made? Without context they could be all passed back to the goalkeeper and he could have a passing success percentage of 5%. What did the take-ons accomplish? A missed shot on goal? Again what is he success percentage? 'Chances created' is just a fancy term for 'failed assist'.

Didnt Leon Britton from Swansea have the best pass rate in the whole of Europe a few years ago, he didnt cost 90 odd million. 

Leon Britton  Swansea City  93.3  1127 
Xavi  Barcelona  93.0  1830 
John Terry  Chelsea  91.6  1209 
Sergio Busquets  Barcelona  91.3  1086 
Thiago Silva  AC Milan  91.1  1068 
Joe Allen  Swansea City  90.3  1075 
Mikel Arteta  Arsenal  90.3  1318 
Yaya Toure  Manchester City  90.0  1552 
Scott Parker  Tottenham Hotspur  89.8  1035 

4 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Top of the league in passes(opponents side of the field) first year with the team and the dude has played just about every game. The main reason why he has look ineffective at times is because of the amount of games and the FAs stubbornes to work with Man Utd when it comes to rescheduling the games. Injury after injury to his teammates due to the schedule has also affected him

Mourinho? Is that you?

12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Top of the league in passes(opponents side of the field) first year with the team and the dude has played just about every game. The main reason why he has look ineffective at times is because of the amount of games and the FAs stubbornes to work with Man Utd when it comes to rescheduling the games. Injury after injury to his teammates due to the schedule has also affected him

The forum has missed members like you. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Is that the guy who said De Gea was shite because he made a save with his legs?

The one and only. 

That as well should be in the old but gold thread. Along with the Ineista and Messi would play for free bollocks. 

2 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Holy shit, that is unintentionally funniest thing I've ever read on an online forum.

13 hours ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

I agree. I can't believe the FA aren't holding off all Man Utd games until Pogba learns to deal with opponents that close down. So unfair.

On 22/03/2017 at 9:21 AM, SirBalon said:

Pogba should go to Real Madrid by the sounds of things if he needs that. xD

I'm quite surprised they didn't go in for him given his marketability. Obviously we will still here the same rubbish about how the system doesn't suit him, Modric isn't good enough to get the best out of him, and the Spanish Football Authorities aren't working with him because he has to play Messi, Neymar and Suarez twice a season but it would have made sense from a merchandise perspective.

8 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I'm quite surprised they didn't go in for him given his marketability. Obviously we will still here the same rubbish about how the system doesn't suit him, Modric isn't good enough to get the best out of him, and the Spanish Football Authorities aren't working with him because he has to play Messi, Neymar and Suarez twice a season but it would have made sense from a merchandise perspective.

They did go for him mate.  They were in the push for quite some time and there was a moment where it looked done when United upped the offer and personal terms.  I already wrote extensively about why Florentino Pérez didn't see the return on Pogba's marketability.  His name isn't big enough according to Florentino Pérez in relation to what the cost ended up being.

Archived