The better place to talk football.

Lookman Loaned To Leipzig

football forum

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Lookman is a complete mystery to me. I don't understand how this kid has not been given a go, I really don't.

How is he suitable for a team like Leipzig and not Everton? Odd.

Allardyce, as far I can remember, hasn’t ever blooded youngsters or gambled on them in the first team against experienced pros. 

• Subscriber

We really are unbelievable. Sandro wanted by Sevilla, Klaassen wanted by Napoli and Lookman wanted by Leipzig, all significantly better sides than us but apparently none of them are good enough to get a look in ahead of Schneiderlin, Davies, Calvert-Lewin, Niasse, Lennon or an unfit Bolasie.

An absolute comedy we are.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Faithcore said:

Everyone who joins that artificial marketing product is a scumbag.

To be fair mate; Germany is only catching up with a trend that has long been occurring elsewhere in Europe. Clubs formed and run by a community in the modern age is ... well it’s over. I’d like to point out that the Qatari ownership at PSG is a million times worse than anything RBL represent 

5 minutes ago, Batard said:

To be fair mate; Germany is only catching up with a trend that has long been occurring elsewhere in Europe. Clubs formed and run by a community in the modern age is ... well it’s over. I’d like to point out that the Qatari ownership at PSG is a million times worse than anything RBL represent 

Only because it's a trend everywhere else does not make it any better. I'm getting your point but it's still not acceptable for me and I should not be for everyone who has love for football.

I strongly disagree about your last point though. IMO there is nothing worse than Red Bull. Just look what they did to Austria Salzburg. They completely destroyed that football club. Took their club colors away, changed the club logo and wanted to erase all of their history.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Faithcore said:

Only because it's a trend everywhere else does not make it any better. I'm getting your point but it's still not acceptable for me and I should not be for everyone who has love for football.

I strongly disagree about your last point though. IMO there is nothing worse than Red Bull. Just look what they did to Austria Salzburg. They completely destroyed that football club. Took their club colors away, changed the club logo and wanted to erase all of their history.

Is it nice for a brand to strip a club of its identity? Of course not. But compare that to a state regime of a country with a history of questionable human rights pouring a nations money into a football club; rather than its own people. 

I respect your stance but the two aren’t comparable. 

4 minutes ago, Batard said:

Is it nice for a brand to strip a club of its identity? Of course not. But compare that to a state regime of a country with a history of questionable human rights pouring a nations money into a football club; rather than its own people. 

I agree that those two situations cannot be compared. If you are putting it that way you are definitely right but it's simply for a different reason. 

• Administrator

I agree that those two situations cannot be compared. If you are putting it that way you are definitely right but it's simply for a different reason. 

See my other response as I agreed with you in part :D

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Batard said:

I agree in general, but to be fair, Qatar is one of the richest countries with one of the highest living standards in the world;i t's not like the nation is starving because the state regime is pouring money into a football club, this is a sort of a marketing ploy for them (just like football is for Red Bull - haha). Don't get me wrong though, it's still absolutely despicable, and a country doing it is a higher level of madness compared to a corporation.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I agree in general, but to be fair, Qatar is one of the richest countries with one of the highest living standards in the world;i t's not like the nation is starving because the state regime is pouring money into a football club, this is a sort of a marketing ploy for them (just like football is for Red Bull - haha). Don't get me wrong though, it's still absolutely despicable, and a country doing it is a higher level of madness compared to a corporation.

It is despicable.Despite the living standards, the human rights infringements of its workers is appalling. I recall the horror stories of stadium workers dying due to working conditions and the authorities attempted to hush it up. 

• Administrator

Franz Beckenbauer on Qatar: I haven't seen one slave there. They all move freely and are not attached to chains whatsoever. 

Is this backhander Beckenbauer who took bungs for Qatar? xD

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Batard said:

It is despicable.Despite the living standards, the human rights infringements of its workers is appalling. I recall the horror stories of stadium workers dying due to working conditions and the authorities attempted to hush it up. 

Oh I know, it's the foreign migrant workers in particular. It's pretty much the same in all Gulf countries, horrible. 

On 1/31/2018 at 14:33, HK85 said:

A disgraceful decision. Should be on our left side every week.

I can't believe you've loaned out such an exciting young talent, to a side with CL aspirations. Meanwhile you are looking not all that great and he's looking like he's got the raw attributes to be a very good player.

I will say it's probably good for his development to go abroad to test himself and play more attacking football. But it's definitely not good for Everton.

Archived