talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Thur 16th March - Borussia Mönchengladbach (3) 2 - 2 (3) Schalke - Schalke Win on Away Goals

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty pumped about today's match. Got a good feeling that Gladbach are going to be able to get through. Sounds like Rafael and Stindl will both be back so assuming that's the case, we should be a lot more enjoyable to watch, and be able to put some past Schalke.

2 hours ago, Tsubasa said:

Wow, very unlucky for Gladbach. First goal for Schalke was a bump in the pitch, and then a wrongfully called penalty against them. Robbed. 

And while I agree, again we give up an early lead. We were owned once we got up 2-0, so props to Schalke. Those might have been fluke goals, but hell, the had a ton of chances. 

11 hours ago, ATL said:

A poor cross and followed by a howler from Sommer, and it's now 2-1. 

Gladbach needs to get things moving again otherwise Schalke are going to get the equalizer. 

That's not a howler, just bad luck. The ball jumped like 1m in front of Sommer, because of a bump.

I see, Clattenburgh made sure the stronger German team is out of the tournament with a joke penalty. Well played, well played...

At first glance I thought it was a howler too, but in the replay you could see that Sommer would have easily had it if it wasn't for the bump in the pitch. Freshly laid pitch too.

2 hours ago, True Bender said:

That's not a howler, just bad luck. The ball jumped like 1m in front of Sommer, because of a bump.

1 hour ago, Tsubasa said:

At first glance I thought it was a howler too, but in the replay you could see that Sommer would have easily had it if it wasn't for the bump in the pitch. Freshly laid pitch too.

Yeah - I saw that replay. Sommer was there, just a weird high bounce came out of nowhere.

Sucks to be out, but it can be redeemed if somehow Gladbach can win against Munich.

9 hours ago, True Bender said:

I see, Clattenburgh made sure the stronger German team is out of the tournament with a joke penalty. Well played, well played...

Whilst Gladback may be proving to be the stronger of the two over the course of a season, that means the square root of FA in a cup competition. The stats for the match show Schalke with higher possession, more shots at target, more shots on target, equal goals and progressing into the next round. 

Its a funny old game 😉

• The title was changed to Thur 16th March - Borussia Mönchengladbach (3) 2 - 2 (3) Schalke - Schalke Win on Away Goals

Archived