football forum

• Administrator

all matches 15.00 unless stated

Bournemouth vs Stoke
Brighton vs West Ham
Leicester vs Swansea
Man Utd vs Huddersfield
West Brom vs Southampton

***This is a new feature we are trialling - please see individual match threads for games that are live on TV (BT or Sky)***

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 09:29, Stan said:

all matches 15.00 unless stated

Bournemouth vs Stoke
Brighton vs West Ham
Leicester vs Swansea
Man Utd vs Huddersfield
West Brom vs Southampton

***This is a new feature we are trialling - please see individual match threads for games that are live on TV (BT or Sky)***

Makes sense to me to merge all the mediocre teams no one cares about into one thread and have individual one's for the more bigger, popular teams.

Good thinking mate.

football forum
11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Every LCFC game deserves it's own thread for Teso to make a prediction too.

Are you sure you can handle getting the L every week though?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

I won't win the bet but no way in he'll LCFC finishes top ten if they continue mistreating their only World Class player Mahrez. Better enjoy the rest of this season Stan and dan, the Cinderella story is about over, back to fighting relegation

Sorry, where did we mistreat him? Am I missing something?

• Subscriber

I'm not confident for this. Swansea have a shocking record here but they're playing well lately and we've got this daft Mahrez situation on our hands.

I could see this ending 0-0.

Romelu Lukaku continues scoring against teams outside the top six. 1-0.

James Ward-Prowse has put Southampton 3-1 up against West Brom. To think I was going  to start a thread about Pellegrino being under pressure.

Jose Izquierdo with a contender for goal of the weekend. Brighton 2, West Ham 1.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Not sure if he meant it but that was a great assist by Iheanacho for Vardy's goal.

Definitely meant it. Good skill to draw in 2 defenders and find Vardy. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Leicester City 1 - 1 Swansea City as there players forgot how to mark from corners.

Mate, we haven't been able to mark from corners for about 5 years 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Leicester City 1 - 1 Swansea City as there players forgot how to mark from corners.

I think to forget something you've got to have known how to in the first place. I don't think there's a side worse in the league at defending them than us. We put every single player back and still regularly concede from about five yards out. This insistence Puel has on putting everyone back totally mystifies me. You leave two players on the half way line you've taken two or three of theirs out of the box immediately. It's not even defensive tactics it's just common sense.

Two points dropped today. Not at all surprised with how it panned out. We were great first half and should've been more than a goal up, but sure enough we pay for it early in the second half and had absolutely no idea how to break them down in the second half - something entirely predictable because of who we didn't have available. I'm not talking just Mahrez either, we loan out Ulloa and Slimani and then stick about a thousand crosses in the box.

Two points dropped on a day our league table rivals collect one against the runaway leaders. Burnley face Swansea next week and we face Man City, and I highly doubt we'll be matching their result again.

Not good enough.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived