talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Zach Clough Back at Bolton

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very much a signing to appease the locals - former favourite Chung-Yong Lee was retained by Palace as he was halfway up the M6 (twats), and Madine was signing on the line for Cardiff. 

I and thousands of other Wanderers love Clough, he's one of our own and he's class. Sadly, Parky's dinosaur tactics will leave the lad looking completely inept. CHANGE THE FUCKING SYSTEM PARKINSON

On 2/1/2018 at 14:48, StefBWFC said:

Very much a signing to appease the locals - former favourite Chung-Yong Lee was retained by Palace as he was halfway up the M6 (twats), and Madine was signing on the line for Cardiff. 

I and thousands of other Wanderers love Clough, he's one of our own and he's class. Sadly, Parky's dinosaur tactics will leave the lad looking completely inept. CHANGE THE FUCKING SYSTEM PARKINSON

I can't lie, this comment is bizarre to me as the decision to go 3-5-2 against us was a masterstroke by PP. That and the fact we turned up thinking we had 3 points in the bag were the reasons we lost on Friday. 

On 04/02/2018 at 12:30, BounceAroundTheGround said:

I can't lie, this comment is bizarre to me as the decision to go 3-5-2 against us was a masterstroke by PP. That and the fact we turned up thinking we had 3 points in the bag were the reasons we lost on Friday. 

I was as surprised as anyone - Parkinson's hand has been forced now we're without a target man, and if Friday was anything to go by, we actually CAN play a bit of football.

Annoyingly, in the past, we've seen him persist with high balls to the microscopic Adam Le Fondre in Madine's absence, and we feared much the same against Bristol City. However, we caught you cold - any plans for defending the hoof were rendered useless as we played through the channels rather than aimless punts from big centre halfs. I for one want to see more of this 'Plan B' concept as it has just proven to be quite effective against a far better side (admittedly, who were having a bad day), and it's totally new. Post-Madine, the predictability of our style will be no more.

Archived