talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Happy Blue's Advent Calendar (Delayed)

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

My old man is a City fan and I got him tickets at Christmas for the Swansea game.

Long shot but fingers crossed, that's the one where they could clinch it. Would love to see him have his moment given all the years he's seen more down's than up's.

Is your old man from Manchester mate or just likes city?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Is your old man from Manchester mate or just likes city?

No connection with Manchester what so ever but when he was a boy, he got a Man City shirt because he liked the colour of the top to play football in and then soon became a fan. Think he loved watching the greats like Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Franny Lee etc.

He's seen the good, bad and the ugly with City. 50 years later and he's seeing them take on World domination. I'm happy for him although they have done it by pure fluke.

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

No connection with Manchester what so ever but when he was a boy, he got a Man City shirt because he liked the colour of the top to play football in and then soon became a fan. Think he loved watching the greats like Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell, Franny Lee etc.

He's seen the good, bad and the ugly with City. 50 years later and he's seeing them take on World domination. I'm happy for him although they have done it by pure fluke.

So he was a glory hunter? 😏

1 minute ago, Danny said:

So he was a glory hunter? 😏

In a roundabout way I guess you could say so seeing as they had a decent side and won a couple trophies, but they were good to watch by all accounts.

If he'd done his fucking job correctly, I'd be enjoying life at the top of the tree now but no, he let me go my own way and support Leeds. Bloody idiot.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

In a roundabout way I guess you could say so seeing as they had a decent side and won a couple trophies, but they were good to watch by all accounts.

If he'd done his fucking job correctly, I'd be enjoying life at the top of the tree now but no, he let me go my own way and support Leeds. Bloody idiot.

Why do you support Leeds? Feel like I've only ever met southerners in their 30s who support Leeds

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why do you support Leeds? Feel like I've only ever met southerners in their 30s who support Leeds

Lived in Southampton all my life. My old man took me to my first football match at The Dell as it was only down the road and it was clear at an early age I loved Football. I was only a nipper.

We sat near the away end that was filled with Leeds fans making all the noise and I got my match programme signed by Gordon Strachan, Gary McAllister, Gary Speed and Mervyn Day.

Game ended 1-1 but I came away liking Leeds. Think that Xmas I got my first Leeds strip and away I went...

pep1.png

Manchester City now have the Premier League title well within touching distance – and the club’s supporters will absolutely love who they could officially clinch it against.

City’s emphatic 5-1 win over Leicester City yesterday fired Pep Guardiola’s men a whopping 16 points clear at the top of the table, and second-placed Manchester United failed to reduce that deficit after losing 1-0 to Newcastle this afternoon.

That result now means City need a mere six consecutive victories to mathematically seal the Premier League crown, despite being less than half through February, and as fate would have it, their opponents in six games time is none other than Manchester United at the Etihad Stadium on April 7.

United were schooled by City in the first meeting between the two teams this season at Old Trafford, and wouldn’t Pep absolutely love to rub salt into Jose Mourinho’s wounds by winning it against his team?

What do you think?

https://www.talkingbaws.com/2018/02/manchester-city-can-now-officially-win-premier-league-man-utd/

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Nope, it's still happening!  Everytime I see this thread title pop up with new posts, I continue to think at a glance that it says "Man City need 8 more players to win the title"

Maybe they do, who knows... Pep knows!

You're a mod now, change it to 5 ;)     .....p.s check out my worse City team post :ph34r: :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

So did Barcelona & City.

Barce had good players but he made them better and improved with signings, went from finishing third I believe to winning an unpresidented treble in Spain.

City were not a great team and that's why Pellegrino got sacked. Zabaleta, Clichy, Hart, Kompany all past it. Underperformers in there like Fernandinho, Sterling, Delph...Silva and de Bruyne good but not as good as this season. That City team needed a rebuild and it got one.

• The title was changed to Man City Need 8 More Premier League Wins For the Title
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Not as if he'd taken over a Burnley or a Swansea though. Hardly an impossible task.

He had the money to re build but done a great job putting a team together ..look at United, they spent 400 million and will finish the season with nothing 

Guardiola is a great tactician and he does improve players (who have a lot of talent but aren't producing) so he has to be given credit for that. He has though been at clubs where he's had the best overall squad and at Man City spending £50m each on 4 defenders within 2 seasons is hard to ignore. Both points are valid. It's not a case of one or the other.

Man City's success (regardless of the manager), for the moment, will have an asterisk next to it until things level out and they're more like a regular big club similar to what happened with Chelsea. They're given more credit for the title they won last year under Conte compared to their success under Mourinho in his first spell and rightly so.

Archived