• Mo Salah
    • Dele Alli
    • Christian Eriksen
    • Sadio Mane
    • Roberto Firmino
    • Other

• Administrator
Just now, Inverted said:

Linesman says it's not offside because the defender touches the ball - that's fundamentally not the rule.

The ball is passed to Kane who is offside, the ball is intercepted weakly and trickles through to Kane and suddenly it's not offside because the defender touches touches it before it gets to Kane. Whether the defender tries to intercept it or not, Kane is offside - the interception is only attempted because of the threat he seems to pose. 

How can referees be taken seriously when they can't apply the rules at their most basic level? 

agree with this tbf. There's been occasions where a pass goes through and a defender totally diverts the ball and changes its direction towards the striker but today that was not the case.

Kane should have been called offside and the penalty rescinded, so to speak. 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

On 2nd thought does Van Dijk actually even touch him at all? I was fairly sure he had knicked his leg.

While I don't think Lamela was really ever going to even get the ball if Van Dijk went for it or not thats how the game works today and defenders have to be weary of it. Slightest touch and you can get seriously punished. 

• The title was changed to Sunday 4th February - Liverpool 2-2 Tottenham
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Kane was offside for the first penalty plus he dived the keeper didn't even touch him. The second was soft as well, but that second goal from Salah was superb.

Karius did touch him but it was ever so slight contact. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Moss is a bad ref and that linesman needs to be investigated.

not the first time he's been involved in plenty of controversy and the game ends up 2-2.

Some may remember him sending Vardy off for a dive against West Ham a few seasons ago. Then giving us a very debatable penalty in the last minute which was scored to make it 2-2.

• Administrator
Just now, True Blue said:

Did he touch him enough for him to fall like he was shot?

nope. that's not what I was saying though. There was minimal contact. Kane exaggerated the fall. 

Even with good refs, when you have teams that have at least somebody offside 90% of the time and who go down very quickly most of the time they get in the box, they'll overwhelm the officials and get something eventually.

With PL refs the effect is amplified. 

Gallagher is now saying the rule means that Lovren's touch plays Kane onside. No idea that was the rule, it seems entirely contrary to the common understanding but fair enough. Kane still dives. 

• Subscriber

Didn't think either were penalties. The first one they are literally guessing and they've effectively admitted as much. You've now got a situation in the game where you've got the VAR delays without actually having the VAR decisions. The second is very harsh on Van Dijk, he's pulled out of it, I'd be livid if that went against us.

I think in terms of performance, it was a fair result.

No surprise, once again, that a game refereed by Jon Moss, becomes about Jon Moss. This isn't an accident.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Also didn't think Salah was all that today personally, kept giving the ball away, wasted several great opportunities. Two goals saved him 

I didn't either but I was surprised how few bodies they seemed to commit forward in the second half. Time and time again Salah was on the break and was outnumbered by your players.

The lack of control in midfield for Liverpool was shocking once Can got tired. Goes to show again it's not necessarily about getting big destroyer in to tighten things up. Sometimes holding onto a result means having somebody fresh enough to take a calm touch and not a tired half-clearance. 

Disgusting that second one has been given.

Also, Storts is a cunt. Overrates his importance round here. Cringe forum member. 

Don't care if it looks like I'm throwing my toys out the pram, because I absolutely am. Two terrible decision have gifted Spurs a point.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

You’d be spewing if it was the other way round. You’re shite at this fishing stuff. 

Just stating facts, Gallagher said both were pens. 

Enough rattled people out there to suggest otherwise. 

• Subscriber
Just now, FOYM said:

Disgusting that second one has been given.

Also, Storts is a cunt. Overrates his importance round here. Cringe forum member. 

Don't care if it looks like I'm throwing my toys out the pram, because I absolutely am. Two terrible decision have gifted Spurs a point.

@Smiley Culture

• The topic was unpinned

Archived