2. 2. Who Will Score the First Goal?

• Harry Kane
    • Mo Salah
    • Dele Alli
    • Christian Eriksen
    • Sadio Mane
    • Roberto Firmino
    • Other

Linesman needs looking at by the FA, that clench of the fist when Moss awarded the pen is suspect. If not, hopefully he gets a hiding off somebody.

Kane needs to be banned for that pathetic dive, but he won't be. He could have headbutted every player on the pitch and all he'd get was a yellow.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, FOYM said:

Linesman needs looking at by the FA, that clench of the fist when Moss awarded the pen is suspect. If not, hopefully he gets a hiding off somebody.

Kane needs to be banned for that pathetic dive, but he won't be. He could have headbutted every player on the pitch and all he'd get was a yellow.

xD

How have you not calmed down yet

4 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Have the famous Redmen ever conceded a penalty that wasn't a dive? 

It's an FA conspiracy against them. 

It's not just us. The amount of soft penalties being award this season is ridiculous. People seem to have accepted that football is now a non-contact sport though

The best thing about this match was we saw two really excellent goals with Wanyama's screamer and Salah's filthy second goal. And for Salah having a relatively quiet game with 2 goals and one of them being a really great goal against a good side really says something about his quality. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good on his return to England, but what a signing he's turning out to be.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The best thing about this match was we saw two really excellent goals with Wanyama's screamer and Salah's filthy second goal. And for Salah having a relatively quiet game with 2 goals and one of them being a really great goal against a good side really says something about his quality. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good on his return to England, but what a signing he's turning out to be.

Quite agree - wasn’t a dig at him yesterday, i thought he was pretty poor in his all round game, and wasn’t very sharp when he could have played others in, but he took his chances when it mattered and had that bit of magic that nearly won you the game. Superb signing, just a shame he hasn’t improved you 

• The topic was unpinned

Why haven't they addressed that Kane was influencing play in an offside position causing the defender to reach out for the ball? Or has that law changed?

Also will never understand people who believe it's ok to release sex tapes of others, hopefully they are able to track down who released it as that is two people who should be able to press charges. I imagine it's impossible though.

I agree that the laws should tend towards favouring the attack but the rule is stupid.

Basically Lovren in that situation should leave the ball and hope the linesman does his job - which as we saw with Lamela at the end he was not capable of doing. To me that's too much of an advantage given to attack. 

If the attackers presence directly forces the defender into a mistake and they're offside, that should be called offside. 

You wouldn't even need to change the rule; just interpret it differently.

15 hours ago, Stan said:

DVSVfNFWAAEd9TG.jpg:large

The last bit is key, clarifying the definition of 'deliberately' kicking the ball.

So we're expected to believe that they had a long discussion over the irrelevant detail of whether the Liverpool player who kicked the ball was Lovren? Not having that at all xD

9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I agree that the laws should tend towards favouring the attack but the rule is stupid.

Basically Lovren in that situation should leave the ball and hope the linesman does his job - which as we saw with Lamela at the end he was not capable of doing. To me that's too much of an advantage given to attack. 

If the attackers presence directly forces the defender into a mistake and they're offside, that should be called offside. 

You wouldn't even need to change the rule; just interpret it differently.

Completely invalidates the notion of 'play to the whistle'. If there was VAR, you could argue players should trust it, but expecting them to trust officials who prove themselves to be incompetent mongs on a weekly basis is completely stupid.

Two of the softest penalties you will ever see for Spurs in this game... 

Sad when players like Kane go down when the cloth of the keepers glove just catches his bootlace because that's all it really was. And the Erik Lamela one could have done with some sort of retrospective viewing because if you watch it again he makes zero effort to go for the ball and just has intentions in colliding with VVD to draw a foul which he duly got... VVD at least tried to pull back from it when he realised he was going to be in the way but couldn't do enough not to make contact, but then again Lamela went down like a cheap slut... 

VVD should never have let the ball bounce as that's a cardinal sin for a defender.. The rules these days allow for a great many players to be getting away with those kinds of soft touches and that ruins the game for me.. 

Archived