talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga - Week 22 Fixtures - 2-5th February, 2018

football forum

• Administrator

Even game between Atletico and Valencia. The latter finding it difficult though to break Atletico down, much like other teams at the Wanda. 

Neto just made a superb save to keep it 0-0. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What was the reason again Parejo never got a look with the national side? 

Switching off!

The first half of the season he was magnificent and consistent but since Christmas he’s gone back to his old ways. In the Copa del Rey clash against Barça the other day he lost I don’t know how many balls in the first half.

34 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Switching off!

The first half of the season he was magnificent and consistent but since Christmas he’s gone back to his old ways. In the Copa del Rey clash against Barça the other day he lost I don’t know how many balls in the first half.

Even Ander Herrera and Illaremndi got looks with the national side. 

Just baffles me how throughtout the years, Parejo never got a look. 

12 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Even Ander Herrera and Illaremndi got looks with the national side. 

Just baffles me how throughtout the years, Parejo never got a look. 

Because of that and also his love of nightlife and alcohol although apparently he’s cantered himself a lot Moreno in his career this past year. But for all of his talent, he continues to be wayward and a rebel which is why playing for the Spain national side is practically impossible considering the amount of midfielders Spain have to choose from.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

@Cicero @Cannabis @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS @Happy Blue

Your thoughts on Girona this season? Debut in La Liga and they're sitting not too far away from European spots as they're beating Bilbao 2-0 at the moment. 

Happy Blue, included you as their Man City's Spanish sisters - think there's a few players on loan there? 

Yep, they are doing very well and they have some of Citys kids playing for them who Messi spoke very highly about recently when the young City full back Maffeo marked him out the game

MAFF MARKING 

Manchester City starlet Pablo Maffeo man-marks Lionel Messi in pristine performance during Girona’s defeat to Barcelona

Argentine superstar was so intrigued to find out who was defending against him he quizzed young right-back after the match

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4549947/manchester-city-pablo-maffeo-lionel-messi-barcelona-girona/

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Yep, they are doing very well and they have some of Citys kids playing for them who Messi spoke very highly about recently when the young City full back Maffeo marked him out the game

MAFF MARKING 

Manchester City starlet Pablo Maffeo man-marks Lionel Messi in pristine performance during Girona’s defeat to Barcelona

Argentine superstar was so intrigued to find out who was defending against him he quizzed young right-back after the match

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4549947/manchester-city-pablo-maffeo-lionel-messi-barcelona-girona/

That was Maffeo’s worst game this season... He man marked Messi and didn’t play any football. His coach later said he’d made an error with that tactic because Girona had chances to win the game until they tired because they were in effect playing with 10 men.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That was Maffeo’s worst game this season... He man marked Messi and didn’t play any football. His coach later said he’d made an error with that tactic because Girona had chances to win the game until they tired because they were in effect playing with 10 men.

He still marked Messi out the game and everyone bar you said it was a top performance from Maffeo from what i read (see paper link about "Prestine") about it and Messi was impressed with him

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

He still marked Messi out the game and everyone bar you said it was a top performance from Maffeo from what i read (see paper link about "Prestine") about it and Messi was impressed with him

Nobody in Spain thought that was a good individual performance mate.  They laughed at it!

How can you analyse a player’s individual worth when he hasn’t played any football for 90+ minutes and just dedicated himself to following Messi around.  Messi still ended up being judge and jury even with a permanent shadow.

Like I said, Maffeo’s season and great reviews are coming from every game other than that one.

Is Pep planning on playing a singular man marker in the future?

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

I doubt it, Pep just set us out like normal when we beat Barca last season 

Messi thought Pep had a new strategy up his sleeve when Messi approached Maffeo and asked him if he was one of the Man City loanees.

https://www.goal.com/es-ar/noticias/las-dos-preguntas-que-le-hizo-messi-a-maffeo/u8ikxcshnebb1t6yx0k7pj5kh

21 hours ago, Stan said:

@Cicero @Cannabis @SirBalon @The Rebel CRS @Happy Blue

Your thoughts on Girona this season? Debut in La Liga and they're sitting not too far away from European spots as they're beating Bilbao 2-0 at the moment. 

Happy Blue, included you as their Man City's Spanish sisters - think there's a few players on loan there? 

They've been quality and even though a lot of newly promoted teams have done well these days, Girona are playing well above expectations and could even grab themselves a spot in Europa at this rate.

It's not just that they are winning games but they are beating the better sides as well.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived