talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Simple Things You Suck At

football forum

2 hours ago, FOYM said:

Small talk, though I guess most people would say that.

Phone calls are the worst.

How do you struggle with a balloon though? Next you'll be saying you can't ride a bike. 

Easy for you to say when you have two children inside your belly doing all the blowing for you, mate.

1 hour ago, Blue said:

My thoughts exactly xD

I could understand maybe not being able to pop it with your finger but stepping on it seems to be the solution.

picard-facepalm.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lot have never popped a balloon by stepping on it?

Always been my method...

EDIT: I misunderstood blowing up balloons for popping one xD FFS even I laughed at myself there

On 02/04/2018 at 11:13, SirBalon said:

I thought the thread title said; “Things you suck on” O.o

I suffer from a lack of patience with people once they’ve been shown what to do or when you’ve shown them their errors and they continue to persist with another way. I try to tell myself not to lose it but I fail time and time again which usually has me apologising later on but insisting that they were being stupid. :$

There is a pun in the thread title. You do seem quite impatient actually bud. But to be fair if you have a lot of knowledge on something and someone is talking shite it is hard to be calm. As with life in general I think you have to remember that we all have different skill levels.

• 4 years later...
  • Subscriber
On 03/02/2018 at 16:07, nudge said:

Phone calls. I fucking hate it.

Am ok with general calls. When training on a new job and you have to answer and sort the query out for the first few times. Can be a bit nervy, especially when  the person training you just stares at you.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Am ok with general calls. When training on a new job and you have to answer and sort the query out for the first few times. Can be a bit nervy, especially when  the person training you just stares at you.

My hate comes from working in a call center many years ago. I kinda got over it and am ok now with general calls, too, but I will never ever accept another job where I have to make or answer calls ever again xD 

Poaching Eggs.

I've got to the point now where I've stuck Vinegar in the water, put them in cling film, mugs, you name it, I've tried it. It really fucks me off when you see such perfect specimens and then you try and it comes out in such a sorry state, a weeping mess of egg white with a little ball of yellow that either isn't runny or underdone and looks like that horrible jelly stuff.

Latest attempt was in an Air Fryer off a video I saw on Instagram with no joy. Dunno why I bothered but I'm a sucker for trying to achieve greatness.

I've got a device now where I can kinda cheat and produce something that vaguely resembles it but it's still not right so I usually just go Fried or Scrambled now to save the disappointment.

• Subscriber

An old one, years ago I tried to assemble a rocking chair from a catalog purchase, Freemans I think it was, took me 3 hours to think that I had assembled it right, sat on it to rock and it fell apart, I did my nut and tossed the fucker.

58 minutes ago, Rab said:

I wouldn't call wallpapering simple, especially when it has a pattern you need to match.

I don't do patterned wallpaper.

Each to their own though. I will say again, it's supposed to be simple, it isn't.

Archived