talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Mourinho Says Man Utd Fans Are Quiet And Lack Enthusiasm

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bet Portsmouth fans are wanking themselves silly at this getting compared to Utd and Old Trafford. 

Utd fans travel brilliantly away from home. Some of the loudest I've heard at the King Power. 

At home though they're different kettle of fish. So many tourists and part timers - mainly Asian fans with their phones out filming the whole fucking match which does my head in. Why go to a match and pay all that money just to end up watching it through a tiny screen?! 

Not saying they don't have their loyal fans who go week in week out but the atmosphere is degraded when you have these day trippers who don't know a word from the song sheet and don't know the true feeling of being in one of the greatest stadiums in the world. 

He just needs to trust the process.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Bet Portsmouth fans are wanking themselves silly at this getting compared to Utd and Old Trafford. 

Utd fans travel brilliantly away from home. Some of the loudest I've heard at the King Power. 

At home though they're different kettle of fish. So many tourists and part timers - mainly Asian fans with their phones out filming the whole fucking match which does my head in. Why go to a match and pay all that money just to end up watching it through a tiny screen?! 

Not saying they don't have their loyal fans who go week in week out but the atmosphere is degraded when you have these day trippers who don't know a word from the song sheet and don't know the true feeling of being in one of the greatest stadiums in the world. 

It's the same with most big clubs these days though in all fairness. It's not just Old Trafford.

I think it’s ok for ‘big’ games but awful against the Huddersfield’s and Norwich. I’ve been as an away supporter there. plenty of times and it’s been terrible.

I read something on twitter to say the average age of a season ticket holder at Old Trafford is 50 years old... that’s why the atmosphere is so shit. 

football forum

It's not a Manchester United problem it's an English problem. Fans are threatened with their season ticket if they stand up, fans are reported for offensive language and there are checks at most gates to prevent people from taking in drums/instruments etc. 

We're so backward in this country it's untrue but I feel like I've made this post about twenty times since being here so I can't be arsed going into depth about it again.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

He just needs to trust the process.

It's the same with most big clubs these days though in all fairness. It's not just Old Trafford.

yep, agree.

20 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Most clubs do fall fairly silent against the sides they expext to beat as a formality.

Yeah but everyone knows arsenal, Chelsea and Man City fans and atmosphere are shit at home. Every now and again it’s important to point out that Liverpool and Man U are also fucking shit because sometimes there are mummerings of the atmosphere being good at OT and Anfield. I welcome Mourinho’s comments and this topic.

• Administrator

Standing. Bring back safe standing. When I had my season ticket at Loftus Roas the only atmosphere generated of note came from the standing sections in the R block. Watching a match live sitting down is bollocks. 

3 hours ago, Kitchen Sales said:

Most clubs do fall fairly silent against the sides they expext to beat as a formality.

Is that why Newcastle has a good atmosphere :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

3 hours ago, Marc said:

Yeah but everyone knows arsenal, Chelsea and Man City fans and atmosphere are shit at home. Every now and again it’s important to point out that Liverpool and Man U are also fucking shit because sometimes there are mummerings of the atmosphere being good at OT and Anfield. I welcome Mourinho’s comments and this topic.

Man city has a terrible atmosphere. I'm just watching them against west Brom in MOTD. They hardly celebrate goals

Got tired of attacking his players and now it’s the fans fault! Their are reasons behind a lack of enthusiasm most of the time and in this case we can refer to the fact you don’t get a lot of chanting at watching paint dry.

Fergie done it before so it's not new, but never good to slag off paying fans when you earn a million billion jillion a year managing their club.

On the note of English fans, the problem largely lies between the culture of not allowing people to support their team, high ticket prices and the average season ticket holder being close to retirement.

Terraces are good and the bulk of the noise at Griffin Park comes from the Ealing Road terrace but it's also limited and doesn't filter around the ground. A cultural change is needed.

3 minutes ago, Kitchen Sales said:

We don't. Not at home against the bottom 12 or so :what:

It was a joke mate. I think your atmosphere is better than most

I reckon at half time they should bring Mourinho out and pick a person at random from the crowd to give him a good leathering. Honestly can't wait to see the day that he breaks somebody on live tv and they smash his teeth down his throat. 

That being said. I'm not defending these utd bastards, I just hate mourinho.

On 04/02/2018 at 08:45, Stan said:

At home though they're different kettle of fish.

That's because 90% of united fans live nowhere near Trafford Borough where united are from so an away game is like a home game for them  ...at home they just get fans from Salford & Trafford with the day trippers!!   

Archived