• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Amazon Join BT Sport & Sky for TV Package Rights from 2019

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.e52bc53715354c6fa6c4a505741c06f4.png

Why are there Premier League games on at weird times this midweek? Why can't I find any in the TV guide? And will social media ruin goals for me?

These are valid questions. So what's going on?

It's all to do with Amazon's new deal with the Premier League - and BBC Sport has the answers.

What's on when?

Have to say, been very impressed with what Amazon have offered.

And the option of having multiple games to choose, as well as a Soccer Saturday format showing you goals and chances as they happen is brilliant. I'd love to see this be a regular option.

For me, I'd be more than happy for them to have more packages than line Sky's pockets with more money.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just this week and around Xmas/Boxing Day I thought

That's wank. They should carry on with it. Really enjoyed the stream tonight. Picture perfect, no lag, choice of games and highlights from all games available...

All for nowt xD

• Subscriber

Enjoyed their coverage. To be honest I'm not arsed about the punditry or the commentary if I've got a reliable and decent stream to watch. Having all the games available is a real luxury. Hopefully it's the eventual future of football broadcasting. The idea that people wont go to the game when they can watch it at home is an absolute fallacy, evidenced by the fact that clubs who sell out always continue to sell out televised matches and have done for years.

12 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Enjoyed their coverage. To be honest I'm not arsed about the punditry or the commentary if I've got a reliable and decent stream to watch. Having all the games available is a real luxury. Hopefully it's the eventual future of football broadcasting. The idea that people wont go to the game when they can watch it at home is an absolute fallacy, evidenced by the fact that clubs who sell out always continue to sell out televised matches and have done for years.

That argument works for the Premier League and even a lot of the Championship but this argument isn't about the bigger clubs who will always get big attendances. The reason to stop every game being televised, in particular the 3pm Saturday kick offs, is that it will adversely effect the draw of smaller clubs, who rely on gate money to survive. If you can watch Premier League footy at home then why would a kid bother going down to prenton Park, boundary park, bootham crescent? 

I know generally people aren't interested in the general health of footy, as long as they get live footy on their TV who's arsed? But the game is rotting from the bottom up. Be careful what you wish for. 

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

That argument works for the Premier League and even a lot of the Championship but this argument isn't about the bigger clubs who will always get big attendances. The reason to stop every game being televised, in particular the 3pm Saturday kick offs, is that it will adversely effect the draw of smaller clubs, who rely on gate money to survive. If you can watch Premier League footy at home then why would a kid bother going down to prenton Park, boundary park, bootham crescent? 

I know generally people aren't interested in the general health of footy, as long as they get live footy on their TV who's arsed? But the game is rotting from the bottom up. Be careful what you wish for. 

Is a good point 👍

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

That's wank. They should carry on with it. Really enjoyed the stream tonight. Picture perfect, no lag, choice of games and highlights from all games available...

All for nowt xD

They've got the same package deal as BT Sport have. Same amount of matches but they chose to do whole rounds of fixtures instead of staggering them across the year like BT Sport.

Really enjoyed Amazon's coverage. I think they'd be a force to be reckoned with if they got a bigger broadcast deal!

As others have said, the coverage was very good. Preferred it to the dogshit that SKY and BT offer. The ideal scenario is that Amazon get more games in the future, as I’d prefer to fuck Sky sports off all together. Paying for a full package and I’ll be lucky to watch one game a week on it. 

Having to pay for multiple services is annoying though. But of course the league will be all for it because they’re getting these companies to bid huge amounts for not all the matches. The idea thing for customers would be only having to pay for one service and get everything. Probably will never happen though.

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, Rick said:

As others have said, the coverage was very good. Preferred it to the dogshit that SKY and BT offer. The ideal scenario is that Amazon get more games in the future, as I’d prefer to fuck Sky sports off all together. Paying for a full package and I’ll be lucky to watch one game a week on it. 

The more games Amazon pick up the more they'll begin to charge on top of the current Prime service. They'll have seen how (overall) positive the reaction has been and hope that continues for Boxing Day.

Not sure how long this deal is for but once it is up for renewal along with the Sky/BT deals, there's gonna be some price increases...

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.ea678b8f25495f473a0dc04e6eaf9f4e.png

Premier League streaming on Amazon Prime - was broadcaster's debut a success?

It was a historic moment in Premier League football this week as a whole round of fixtures were streamed online via Amazon Prime.

After decades of traditional broadcasting methods, this was a step into the unknown and a glimpse at what the future of watching football at home could look like.

Amazon says it was "one of the biggest-ever streaming events in the UK".

But was it a success? BBC Sport takes a look at what worked and what didn't with Amazon Prime's first stab at covering Premier League football.

What did they do differently?

As ever when a new broadcaster gets in on the action, people were curious to see what little innovations Amazon Prime would bring.

For some, that was as simple as where the score and clock would be positioned on-screen...

FULL REPORT

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Can you watch Amazon prime on TV or do you need stick thing?

Depends on your setup.

I can watch Amazon Prime through a  Virgin TV box, same with Netflix etc.

Just now, Rab said:

Depends on your setup.

I can watch Amazon Prime through a  Virgin TV box, same with Netflix etc.

Yeah I have the channel on my TV. So I can get it with virgin media?

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah I have the channel on my TV. So I can get it with virgin media?

Within the Virgin menu you'll have an Apps section. Prime Video should be in there.

Archived