• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018 Music

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Don Broco released their new album Technology on Friday. Like it so far. 

Been listening to a band I got in to last year a lot called Witterquick. Also other bands I've been listening to - Prides, The Coronas, Little Hours, Walking on Cars, The Neighbourhood. 

I think @Cannabis listens to Tonight Alive. Think they're from Australia and they're like Pvris so he should like them if not. 

Im listening to Justin Timberlakes new album. It's so loud and messy. There's some good stuff in there but far too many questionable decisions. I was expecting more stripped back consideri g the title and the marketing but it's quite the opposite. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

i love it. 

if fans can't understand how much they've moved on as a band from when they first came about then that's their own problem. They've been changing constantly for ages and they're not your typical rock band any more. Makes them unique and they probably attract a different kind of fan now anyway. 

Jared doesn't have the voice any more to bang out the vocals like he used to (first 2 albums). I've been to 3 of their gigs and the songs which had him screaming or shouting he'd never do fully live, he'd only do them acoustic. One of the reasons why you won't hear those kind of songs any more either recorded or live. 

The band was always his and Shannon's thing so I don't appreciate the calls for Tomo to leave xD. He's probably loving life and is part of the project for the band anyway. 

If fans can't appreciate or even recognise they've got a bit spiritual and political since This Is War, then they need to wake up and start to realise it sooner or later cos they'll never be the 30 Seconds to Mars that first burst on to the scene in the early 00s.

Anyway regarding the album, there's actually some decent tracks that stand out. Dangerous Night, Rescue Me, Love is Madness, Hail to The Victor probably my favourites. Great Wide Open is not too bad either. 

It's not awful, but the quality drop from even the last album (which I thought was a big drop from THIS IS WAR) is concerning. 

Yes, Jared can't reach the notes he used to but that is no excuse for some of the generic, pop, trap bullshit that's scattered all through this album. That's not the 30 seconds to mars I came to love, this is completely selling out. The next album will be atrocious unless Jared gets taken down a peg or two, because hes the main power in the band and his ego is huge right now. 

I like Walk On Water, Dangerous Night, Rescue Me & Remedy. The rest ranges from meh to terrible.

4/10 unfortunately. I'm going to listen to a beautiful lie to cheer myself up.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite like DMA's new album although not as good as Hills End. Listened to Blossoms' new album earlier and on first listen I'm not a fan. First two tracks are decent but the rest a bit meh. Maybe it'll grow on me 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Couple of good songs on Post Malone's new album.

With 'Paranoid' being one of the best tunes I've heard this year.

'A paranoid man makes paranoid plans, I'll do what what I can, but it's out of my hands' :congrats:

yep, been catching some of his songs on a few Spotify playlists.

I like Better Now and Stay. 

• Administrator
On 07/05/2018 at 08:54, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Gambino has really stepped up his game in the last two years. I think this is seriously fucking good. That music video is incredible too. 

fucking love this. there's so many subtleties and hidden messages in it if you focus on what goes on behind him.

there's a moment in the video where there's death riding a white horse which has its obvious meaning I think.

so much to this video in general you have to watch it a few times to pick up on stuff. 

On 5/7/2018 at 09:54, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

Gambino has really stepped up his game in the last two years. I think this is seriously fucking good. That music video is incredible too. 

Glover keeps impressing me as an artistic genius. I mean the term gets thrown around easily, but his stuff is really good. 

Im all for artistic experinentation. I love it when a band or solo artist tries something outside of their genre or usual style. That being said, I cannot get over the smugness that is oozing out of the new Arctic Monkeys record.

Now, it's got a handful of interesting songs but even as a big fan I can admit that it's basically a one note album with little shift in tone or tempo, and theres no single song that grabs you like there has been in previous records. The band (mostly turner) put across the vibe that they believe themselves on a higher level than they are. And considering how middling this album is, that's dead fucking annoying. 

Can see them firing out another album sooner rather than later off the back of this pretentious, self serving mess. 

Archived