talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018 Music

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished listening to the new Arctic Monkeys album a few times in a row. Nothing catchy about it, but a few genius songs, the epitome of a grower album. It could well be one big track as the songs are all blurried together nicely. It's really a concept album.

It sounds like Last Shadow Puppets minus Miles Kane with a bit of Tame Impala and MGMT in it. 

I'm just glad they didn't go down the AM route forever. This is definitely an improvement on that. Their best effort since Humbug.

I'll be seeing them this summer. It will be interesting to see how they'll play some of their older, energetic stuff.

I had it on the other day and I mentally switched off / forgot I was listening to it about half way through.

I didn't like Four out of Five on a first listen but have had it on repeat since yesterday, very good tune. The rest though is disappointing especially since it's been five years since their last release.

PARTPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY 

• 1 month later...

@Stan @Cannabis so it looks like Tomo left the band, which is a shame. Probably didn't agree with the direction they've been heading in musically. Don't blame him...I could only life with Jared Leto's ego for so long too.

Also, proper shithouse that the band haven't put out a statement about it, just had his.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mantis Toboggan M.D. said:

@Stan @Cannabis so it looks like Tomo left the band, which is a shame. Probably didn't agree with the direction they've been heading in musically. Don't blame him...I could only life with Jared Leto's ego for so long too.

Also, proper shithouse that the band haven't put out a statement about it, just had his.

Yeah I saw that. I think he's felt like that for a while to be honest. Last couple of years things felt weird between them but I could never put my finger on why. 

He's very rarely in videos and at gigs he'd just be there, not doing much else. Maybe he didn't want to be centre of attention or maybe he thought he could do all he can for the band :/

It's a shame though as the earlier stuff with the 3 was brilliant. The direction of the band changed and perhaps he wasn't comfortable with it. 

Wonder where they go from here though. Wouldn't surprise me if they called it a day soon. Shannon has side projects he's been involved with before and Jared obviously has his acting career to fall back on too. 

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Love 30 seconds to Mars, but Leto has to get rid of that insane beard and the hippy looking image. He is one sexy man why ruin yourself.

His 'Beautiful Lie' days he was just that. The red hair days :x

Do remasters count? Because the recent remaster of Megadeth's Killing is My Business... and Business is Good takes an excellent album that was produced really poorly (because they spent most of their production budget on drugs and alcohol) - and fixes a lot of the shitty production quality. It's the best remaster I've ever heard.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Started listening to a band called Slaves this year. They're from Sacramento and are fronted by Jonny Craig, formerly of Emarosa and Dance Gavin Dance

Their latest album is pretty decent for any rock fans. Jonny Craig's voice is really raw. Not quite screamo but powerful nonetheless. Latest album is called Beautiful Death.

• 1 month later...

Judas Priest's Firepower came out in March of this year and... for a band that's approaching it's 50th anniversary, it's probably their best album since 1991's Painkiller. Pretty quality album that I've been listening to more lately.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
On 03/09/2018 at 17:01, Cannabis said:

Got back into 30STM, not banging out America but have This is War currently on in my car, a cracking effort this one. 

Hurricane 2.0 is 👌🔥

I had similar on Sunday. just moved back home so was unpacking shit loads of boxes with the self-titled album on loud as I did it. Good times.

Archived