talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Bad is the Traffic in your Area?

football forum

Title explains it all.

Out of everyone here, the only one who will probably get remotely close to having as bad a traffic as in Lima is maybe Berserker. Here the traffic is awful and not only that, if you're stuck in traffic in a bad area, you can become an easy target for criminals.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

The volume of traffic is not too bad where I live since it's a small town, so it only gets really busy around rush hours, but otherwise it's completely chaotic as there's no discipline, almost no one cares about traffic signs, stoplights or driving rules, some don't have a driving license and many can't even drive. So all in all, it's lovely :ph34r: 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Title explains it all.

Out of everyone here, the only one who will probably get remotely close to having as bad a traffic as in Lima is maybe Berserker. Here the traffic is awful and not only that, if you're stuck in traffic in a bad area, you can become an easy target for criminals.

oh, okay. 

Just now, Stan said:

oh, okay. 

I forgot about India, but is India car traffic or Motorcycles?

I see them as 2 different styles of traffic.

• Administrator
Just now, Cannabis said:

@Stan is probably the best person to ask in this thread. Went for one of the famous TFF meet-ups in around 2009 and finding his house was an absolute mare. Tukk-tukks and taxis flying everywhere you turn. Wasn't bad for a weekend but couldn't live in it full time. 

not to mention the cows, elephants and beggars mate. Surprised you found it in the end. 

• Subscriber

Mixed car and motorcycle traffic is the worst, as you get a big fat Lexus driving 15km/h in the middle of the road in front of you, with a swarm of motorbikes overtaking you from BOTH sides, not to mention those who think it's a good idea to take a shortcut and just drive on the wrong side of the road against the oncoming traffic. An accident waiting to happen.

Traffic is bad in London but then again it’s bad in any major city of the ilk.  Central London is a lot better in that respect since the Congestion Charge was implemented because previous to that you’d be mad to drive there apart from the fact that parking is nigh on impossible. Being born in a city like this one you get used to traffic and you almost ignore it giving yourself time to set-off wherever you’re going and public transport in general is brilliant here.

In Spain the major cities like Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Seville and Bilbao all have a great traffic system and it’s very rare that you’ll get jams to be honest unless there’s some sort of diversion or road works going on.

On the other hand in Rome and Naples it’s a bloody nightmare!  Traffic seems to be something that is a necessity and you sometimes feel that there’s someone stopping somewhere on purpose so as to create it.  Add to that in Naples the aggressive nature of their driving because if you don’t play their game and be as aggressive you’ll never get to where you want to... Oh... Beware of the mopeds!

Lima is still the worst city I've been to in terms of traffic. Hanoi is also terrible but its not as dangerous as going around in a car in traffic with criminals trying to rob you at gunpoint. Happens too often here. I can also imagine Teso has a say, as Mexico City is also up there for one of the worst in the world.

Nothing really to complain about tbh. Plus with uni if I have to drive home then I rarely get caught in whatever traffic there is - if I'm driving across the city to uni I normally go in around midday and leave later in the evening. If I get caught it's maybe an extra 15 minutes on a 30 minute drive. 

The city centre can be a pain in the arse with the one-way system and poorly-marked taxi lanes but if you're driving into the city centre you're a mug anyway. I'd much rather get the train and avoid either driving around for 20 minutes trying to get parked or paying through the nose for parking. 

Overall Id like to see our cities in Britain far more pedestrianised but we lack the will to get rid of our cars and improve public transport. 

Edinburghs a fucking nightmare compared to Glasgow, too. It's ridiculous how many cars there are trying to get around a winding, 17th century city, and that's without the fucking trams rattling about causing more chaos. 

Well, my town has no traffic lights and basically no people so it's great. 

Perth has some shitty traffic going into and out of the city during the best of times. But it's nothing compared the mess of the second and Third world countries I have been too (Egypt, India, Cambodia). They were fucked and I'd never drive there. Not only chaotic but busy almost all the time. 

26 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Well, my town has no traffic lights and basically no people so it's great. 

Perth has some shitty traffic going into and out of the city during the best of times. But it's nothing compared the mess of the second and Third world countries I have been too (Egypt, India, Cambodia). They were fucked and I'd never drive there. Not only chaotic but busy almost all the time. 

Try living in one

Thankfully though, I don't drive. When I take taxi's though I make sure its the right times to avoid traffic. So I almost never go somewhere far at 6 PM during rushour

22 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Congratulations to Brian and Berserker on winning the "Worst Traffic Trophy 2018", very much deserved.

I wonder how they'll fare in the "Most Polluted Cup" and the coveted "Most Litter Shield". All the best lads.

I don't think Argentina's pollution is that bad, mate xD

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The less said about South London the better.

I'm assuming you live closer to Croydon and much like any greater London area the roads were once built for the suburbs but the population growth has made them pointless during rush hour.

2 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Congratulations to Brian and Berserker on winning the "Worst Traffic Trophy 2018", very much deserved.

I wonder how they'll fare in the "Most Polluted Cup" and the coveted "Most Litter Shield". All the best lads.

I'll have you know that Buenos Aires is actually very close to London in terms of congestion, according to TomTom Traffic Index we have a 42% increase in traffic times due to congestion while London has a 40%. Mexico City is regarded as the worst regarding congestion, but i'd argue that traffic in most Asian and African countries is actually quite worst due to the sheer chaos that is present in their streets.

Pollution is also not an issue here thankfully, i think i have even heard we sell bottled air to chinese tourists. xD

15 hours ago, Blue said:

I forgot about India, but is India car traffic or Motorcycles?

I see them as 2 different styles of traffic.

I find it hard to believe anywhere could be worse than India. I'm still scarred from my time there. 

Maniacs with no regard for the value of their own life. 

We lost a front wing mirror to a car coming the opposite direction after my driver tried (using the dirt median on the far side of the road) to overtake a car that was itself simultaneously overtaking a truck and we only just pulled back into our lane in time to avoid colliding with  oncoming traffic....

Archived