• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup Quarter Finals - 11th-13th March, 2017

football forum

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I can't see anything other than the favourites going through. Middlesbrough have been struggling for a while and will have one eye on the league considering where they are and even though City had a wobble against Huddersfield I expect them to turn the screw and get through this round. Likewise, I expect Arsenal to comfortably progress against the last non-league team in the competition. Home advantage and a vastly superior sqaud should be enough to see them through. 

Finally, Spurs should breeze past Millwall (despite the latter putting in some decent performances this year) and the only ''tough tie'' so to speak will be won by Manchester United. Mourinho would rather chew off his own penis than be dumped out of the cup by his former team and I think he will have just enough about him to edge past Conte who's main focus will be on winning the league - this final game however is without doubt the most interesting. 

City, Arsenal, Spurs & United to progress.

He takes the FA Cup seriously, as he should. Look at our lineup against Wolves, all starting XI bar two.

United have this matched squished in between European fixtures, and the fact this is at the bridge, we'd be mad to not give everything we have and there shouldn't be any excuses. 

• The title was changed to FA Cup Quarter Finals - 11th-13th March, 2017

I agree it does look very much like all the favourites will make the semis. I'd love it for the 4 underdogs to go through as I love the romance of the cup. 

If anyone wants to throw a pound away, I've just checked the odds on Boro, Millwall, Lincoln and Man U to proceed and it's paying 19890/1 😂😂 now if these teams played each other 19890 times, do I think all 4 could go through at the same time at least once. Yes I do, so I'm all in with £1. Wish me luck (I just hope the mrs doesn't find out 😜)  

Very easy for Man City so far and Boro have just lost Gestede to injury who was starting to trouble to City centre backs. I can't see Boro coming back into this unless the City players become complacent. Traore is such a frustrating player - plenty of talent and very quick but his final ball is terrible.

On 04/03/2017 at 9:03 AM, Cannabis said:

I can't see anything other than the favourites going through. Middlesbrough have been struggling for a while and will have one eye on the league considering where they are and even though City had a wobble against Huddersfield I expect them to turn the screw and get through this round. Likewise, I expect Arsenal to comfortably progress against the last non-league team in the competition. Home advantage and a vastly superior sqaud should be enough to see them through. 

Finally, Spurs should breeze past Millwall (despite the latter putting in some decent performances this year) and the only ''tough tie'' so to speak will be won by Manchester United. Mourinho would rather chew off his own penis than be dumped out of the cup by his former team and I think he will have just enough about him to edge past Conte who's main focus will be on winning the league - this final game however is without doubt the most interesting. 

City, Arsenal, Spurs & United to progress.

I'd agree although I could somehow see Lincoln beating Arsenal. Unlikely and controversial but it could happen.

3 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

a very surprising yellow card for Granit Xhaka :ph34r: 

Read the other day that Xhaka used to get booked all the time at Monchengladbach and Basel. Also read earlier today that Xhaka himself said players needed to be careful to avoid giving Lincoln an advantage. Living up to that. ¬¬

Archived