talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Winter Break Agreed in Principle by FA, Premier League and EFL

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Imagine the rage from Mourinho, Klopp, the next Chelsea manager etc when the Premier League are trying to fit in 38 Premier League games, the League Cup, FA Cup and Intercontinental games alongside International breaks and this two week break into the season.

To be honest Conte hasn't been sacked yet! Knowing Chelsea it would have happened in the tunnel post match.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Im not totally against this but i think it should be after the xmas fixtures.

Scrap the pointless league cup too.

Why does the League Cup even exist? It brings down the FA Cup.

12 minutes ago, Storts said:

No to the Winter Break, No to VAR, No to the back pass rule, No to substitutions, No to floodlights. NO TO MODERN FOOTBALL

Then why the toss are you on here and supporting Tottenham? Why don't you get involved with a grass-roots club?

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Spike said:

Then why the toss are you on here and supporting Tottenham? Why don't you get involved with a grass-roots club?

I’m going to build TF365 FC up from the ground 

49 minutes ago, Storts said:

No to the Winter Break, No to VAR, No to the back pass rule, No to substitutions, No to floodlights. NO TO MODERN FOOTBALL

Brian is that you?

Personally I'm for the winter break. I think it will help with injuries. I think English clubs could do better in Europe. It works in Spain so why not here?

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Personally I'm for the winter break. I think it will help with injuries. I think English clubs could do better in Europe. It works in Spain so why not here?

Driving on the other side of the road works in Spain, doesn’t mean it will here. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Driving on the other side of the road works in Spain, doesn’t mean it will here. 

Why wouldn't it work?

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Never stopped English teams doing well in the past, plus it's tradition in this country to have football over the Xmas period, hard to imagine Xmas without it. Just because something's tradition, it's not to say that it shouldn't change but it's part of British culture for me and something we should be proud of in my opinion. It's class to have football to look forward to, good to be able to go to the game in this period whilst many will also be off work as well. You could perhaps reduce the amount of fixtures but in general it's just a petty excuse for English teams' failures. You're right it doesn't help injuries but maybe the league could look more at the congestion and amount of fixtures rather than scrapping it all together.

I remember when Spain were in the peak from 2008-2012 and the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol etc would play a staggering amount of games each season, way more than everyone else but they still went far in all the competitions and went on to play international tournaments in the summer as well.

29 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Never stopped English teams doing well in the past, plus it's tradition in this country to have football over the Xmas period, hard to imagine Xmas without it. Just because something's tradition, it's not to say that it shouldn't change but it's part of British culture for me and something we should be proud of in my opinion. It's class to have football to look forward to, good to be able to go to the game in this period whilst many will also be off work as well. You could perhaps reduce the amount of fixtures but in general it's just a petty excuse for English teams' failures. You're right it doesn't help injuries but maybe the league could look more at the congestion and amount of fixtures rather than scrapping it all together.

I remember when Spain were in the peak from 2008-2012 and the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol etc would play a staggering amount of games each season, way more than everyone else but they still went far in all the competitions and went on to play international tournaments in the summer as well.

Yeah they have done well but could do better. January would be the time to have it for me as that is the coldest month. Not Christmas. Those players may play more games but they do get a break which probably helps with that. Playing continues can be harder than playing more games in a tighter time period. Also the whether probably helps. Hotter climates generally help with arthritis and muscle problems so I would imagine it would help with injuries.

• The title was changed to Winter Break Agreed in Principle by FA, Premier League and EFL

Archived