talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Table

The game we had with Sheffield the inconsistency that clearly showed and solskjaer admitting to it has raised some discussions, because being at the top doesn't matter but whenever you are at the top you bring your A game because you easily crumble downwards...but after man city and westbrom match compared to man u and sheffield, Arsenal fans were quick to confirm the England referee played to our advantage

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, man unified paul said:

The game we had with Sheffield the inconsistency that clearly showed and solskjaer admitting to it has raised some discussions, because being at the top doesn't matter but whenever you are at the top you bring your A game because you easily crumble downwards...but after man city and westbrom match compared to man u  Man United and sheffield, Arsenal fans were quick to confirm the England referee played to our advantage

9_9

Those wins for Newcastle, Brighton and Burnley recently have really segregated themselves from the bottom three.

What was looking promising for Fulham looks a tough ask now. 

As for Big Sam, they are only going backwards...

• 1 year later...

Normally get it right and said 3rd this season.

Still think third though may not be pretty football.

The battle for 4th will be interesting as will be the relegation teams, normally one surprise at the bottom  and with Burnley having two games in hand and with Weghorst starting to have an impact they have a 50-50 chance for me of staying up.

That leaves Brentford, Everton and Leeds as teams needing to look over their shoulder as I think Newcastle will continue to get points. 

4 hours ago, Waylander said:

Normally get it right and said 3rd this season.

Still think third though may not be pretty football.

I'm convinced our football will not get better the rest of the season. Matter of fact I've accepted it. We will be relying on our defensive structure and individual moments in attack to see us through. I am not sure if this is Tuchel desperately trying to make Lukaku work, or if its the board forcing Tuchel to play Lukaku to save face from benching our most expensive signing ever. Probably a combination of both. 

I can count on one hand our good performances this season. Norwich, Leicester, and Juventus. Lukaku didn't play in either of them. 

5 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I would like West Ham to get the 4th spot as Moyes has done well in hammer land and all the bubbles, they deserve it but it just might be Spurs if Conte can keep Kane firing. 

I think Utd will get 4th and the Hammerland will need to settle for 6th as Conte with the rejuventated Kane will get 5th.

I agree Moyes has done well there.

So Newcastle win with the aid of a Red Card against Brentford.

I saw that as a six pointer as Brentford fall below them and Newcastle have two games in hand.

Tried to watch but the stream was a pain so switched to watch some of Utd and Watford.

Fernandes missed a few surprisingly.

4 hours ago, Waylander said:

So Newcastle win with the aid of a Red Card against Brentford.

I saw that as a six pointer as Brentford fall below them and Newcastle have two games in hand.

Tried to watch but the stream was a pain so switched to watch some of Utd and Watford.

Fernandes missed a few surprisingly.

Brentford have Norwich and Burnley in their next two. 

This whole covid saga where teams have played very different number of games at the bottom doesn't help. I think for Brentford it risks a false sense of security. Realistically they will be bottom 3 if everyone played the same number of games.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

My full predictor:

image.png

The NLD being the ultimate decider for Spurs & Arsenal. Had Spurs winning that, but losing to Liverpool, while Arsenal also lose to Newcastle. 

Man City and Liverpool winning all their games. 

I wasn't sure where to put this but I see they have put the postponed Wolves City game a week before the postponed Saints Liverpool game. 

It probably doesn't matter but you'd have thought at this stage they would have kept the two games in hand to play in the same week so no one gets an advantage.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I wasn't sure where to put this but I see they have put the postponed Wolves City game a week before the postponed Saints Liverpool game. 

It probably doesn't matter but you'd have thought at this stage they would have kept the two games in hand to play in the same week so no one gets an advantage.

Villa play Liverpool a day before Wolves vs City so not sure what else could have been done?

No doubt we'll see Klopp moaning that they have to play an extra game in the final week of the season. 

And even so, 6 other sides play in that final week, on Thursday 19th. 

Liverpool will have 5 days rest from 17th to 22nd. Ample enough time to rest and recover.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Villa play Liverpool a day before Wolves vs City so not sure what else could have been done?

No doubt we'll see Klopp moaning that they have to play an extra game in the final week of the season. 

And even so, 6 other sides play in that final week, on Thursday 19th. 

Liverpool will have 5 days rest from 17th to 22nd. Ample enough time to rest and recover.

Klopp only really moans when we have a Wednesday night European game and then are scheduled in for a Saturday morning premiere league game. He says it's ridiculous because, well, it's ridiculous. 

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Klopp only really moans when we have a Wednesday night European game and then are scheduled in for a Saturday morning premiere league game. He says it's ridiculous because, well, it's ridiculous. 

Saturday morning? 

Anyway, it's no different to teams playing Thursday evening and then Sunday early afternoon. Don't really see those managers moaning a lot, if at all. Maybe they should be! 

Archived