talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Patrice Evra Joins West Ham United

Patrice Evra has completed his free transfer to West Ham and signed a contract until the end of the season.

Evra, 36, arrived at the club's Rush Green training complex on Wednesday morning before passing a medical and signing a short-term contract until the end of June 2018.

Sky Sports News understands Everton were also interested in the former Manchester United, Juventus and Monaco left-back but the player favoured a move to London.

I had a feeling that Sam Allardyce was going to take him on as a temporary short term solution to their left back problem. I can't see him being much benefit to West Ham, and I definitely cannot see it alleviating the anger of the fans who have every right to feel they have been sold a false dream by the David's.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Zabaleta and Evra with the combined age of a full under 23 line up bombing up and down the wings.

Hadn't heard that we were interested in this one but glad we swerved it which is saying something when we've got Cuco Martina playing out of position in that part of the pitch.

Archived