1. 1. The Result

2. 2. First Goalscorer

• Harry Kane
    • Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    • Dele Alli
    • Aaron Ramsey
  3. 3. A Red Card?

59 minutes ago, Storts said:

Get in there - what a great win. 6 wins in the last 9 derbies, only one defeat in that time - we're just a much better, well rounded side than them right now.

Only disappointing thing about yesterday was the fact we didn't put the numbers up on the scoreboard that our second half dominance deserved. How we only scored 1 I do not know but they couldn't handle the way he break and press in their half.

Can't really single out players because thought they were all great, but Dembele and Davies deserve special shouts, the former dominated the midfield with Dier and the latter is in the form of his life.

We've got through United, Liverpool and Arsenal with 7 points - when all the talk before was how it was a difficult period, we'd lose all three etc. etc. so now we can really push on towards the end of the season. Only City at Home and Chelsea away left of the top 6 games.

Arsenal really are poor away from home, Ozil anonymous once again in a big game - that contract is awful, Wilshere bossed in the middle of the park as expected, and Aubameyang absolutely anonymous. 

Off to Turin now for a proper game. COYS

58 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You need to start winning trophies to get out of their shadow though. 

I rated that post of yours because it’s the truth although being better than us isn’t a good marker to show how good you guys actually are these days.  Many sides are presently better than us, worse sides than Tottenham.

The reason I quoted Cannabis with you is because he’s right though mate.  Football at this end is about crowning it all with trophies and you need to do that in the near future.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

I rated that post of yours because it’s the truth although being better than us isn’t a good marker to show how good you guys actually are these days.  Many sides are presently better than us, worse sides than Tottenham.

The reason I quoted Cannabis with you is because he’s right though mate.  Football at this end is about crowning it all with trophies and you need to do that in the near future.

Yeah - thing is you actually got tactics right first half - you did what other clubs have done with success against us at Wembley and that is sit deep, compact the pitch and force us to try and break you down. Wenger got his subs wrong in the sense it completely opened it up for us which made it far easier second half. Sign of the times though that Arsenal are coming to Spurs having to sit back and not able to rely on playing your own attacking game. 

It is, you're right and that does have to come - but at the end of the day there's only a certain number of trophies available and when you have a side as good as City it will be hard. However you've won a couple of FA Cups last two years, with a team worse than ours imo, so it should be possible. It's a mentality thing though and we need to shake that. 

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah - thing is you actually got tactics right first half - you did what other clubs have done with success against us at Wembley and that is sit deep, compact the pitch and force us to try and break you down. Wenger got his subs wrong in the sense it completely opened it up for us which made it far easier second half. Sign of the times though that Arsenal are coming to Spurs having to sit back and not able to rely on playing your own attacking game. 

It is, you're right and that does have to come - but at the end of the day there's only a certain number of trophies available and when you have a side as good as City it will be hard. However you've won a couple of FA Cups last two years, with a team worse than ours imo, so it should be possible. It's a mentality thing though and we need to shake that. 

Indeed it is a sign of the times that we had to change how we would prefer to play when we faced you, but in reality that’s what we’ve been asking from Wenger for years, to set up his team depending on who we play.  Aside from all of that in-home stuff indeed Spurs are better than us and it calls for special treatment in the setup.  It’s all about planning and club setups which is something you guys thought about and acted upon years back... Things take time to come to fruition but when you do things correctly and in accordance with the times, you tend to get visible results unless you’re very unlucky.

The only thing I am curious to observe with you guys in the next four to five years is the weight of the new stadium and everything that comes with that.  In reality that shouldn’t be too much of a hindrance if the sporting side of things has been meticulously planned for and set apart from everything else... It’s been done successfully by other clubs but then again it’s been a doom and gloom scenario for a few (us included).  Top people in football want to be part of a plan, a successful seeming plan which is even bigger than moving to a giant if managed properly and executed...  The first part of that last sentence could end up faltering you but the second part if a trophy or two come in soon could nourish the whole global movement you’ve been nurturing in the background and grow the whole thing.

2 hours ago, Storts said:

Boring 

He has a point mate. Was you even born the last time Spurs won anything substantial? :ph34r::coffee:

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Tottenham will win the Champions League befreo Arsenal do I reckon. And probably the Premier League before Arsenal win another.

Cheers for letting me know Arsenal will never win a Champions League or another Premier League title ever again...

• Administrator
Just now, Chaaay AFC said:

He has a point mate. Was you even born the last time Spurs won anything substantial? :ph34r::coffee:

Cheers for letting me know Arsenal will never win a Champions League or another Premier League title ever again...

haha I see what you did there :D 

Surprised how no one mentioned about how bad Mkhitaryan was yesterday. He couldnt complete one decent pass as all of them were either out of bounds or went to Spurs players feet. Hopefully he is much better than that. 

As for the match, I expected a loss (like many here) but would have been happy with a draw. Spurs could have easily scored 5, 6 goals as Arsenal had no chance watsoever except for the first 15-20 mins or so when they sort of dominated with the ball.

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Tottenham will win the Champions League before Arsenal do I reckon. And probably the Premier League before Arsenal win another.

Tottenham are a better team than us now but that doesn't somehow mean they're better than teams that are currently great. They're still battling for a top 4 spot. Only seems like a big deal because it's Tottenham rather than a big club.

This current Tottenham period of being good hasn't brought them anything either and who knows how long this period will last. We've won 3 FA Cups in the period that they've been better than us, they've won nothing. That's all history will show.

Archived