Leicester last 5 matches
Leicester 1-1 Swansea
Everton 2-1 Leicester
Peterborough 1-5 Leicester (FA Cup)
Leicester 2-0 Watford
Leicester 2-0 Fleetwood (FA Cup)

Stats
18 goals in the last 5 matches
Man City have won 7 of their last 10 games; drawing 2 and losing the other.
Leicester went on a run of not conceding for 5 games in a row, but have conceded in their last 3 games
There have been 4 or more yellow cards shown in 4 of the last 5 meetings
Harry Maguire has been booked in the last 2 games against Man City
A goal has been scored in the first half in each of the last 5 meetings. 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I think we'll lose narrowly like last year. We'll put up a fight where their fans think "they're one of the better sides to come here this year" but will still lose.

No Mahrez again, although it's quite fitting really given who we're playing.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

With injuries and the upcoming schedule it will be interesting to see how Manchester City approach this. Will last weeks result be the start of teams being more competitive against them? Or will they just win convincingly again?

it's this kind of game where we should take the game to them, attack them and defend from the front. But in reality we'll sit back, rarely get a chance to counter, and lose 2-0. 

53 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

We doing individual game threads now then?

Trialling a new feature where games on TV (BT or SKY) get their individual match thread :)

2 hours ago, Stan said:

it's this kind of game where we should take the game to them, attack them and defend from the front. But in reality we'll sit back, rarely get a chance to counter, and lose 2-0. 

Trialling a new feature where games on TV (BT or SKY) get their individual match thread :)

Good idea as personally I think putting it in one big thread makes things cluttered IMO :) 

Coming off a 4 day holiday the players should be fresher, Stones & Foden are back in full training and even Sane has been seen running this week so his injury must not be as bad as first thought and Silva is a slight doubt with a muscle injury  ..we normally score 3+ at home and Laporte should improve us at the other end, id play

Ederson

Walker - Otamendi - Laporte - Danilo

De Bruyne - Fernandinho - Silva

Sterling - Aguero - Bernardo

BENCH:- Bravo - Kompany - Stones - Zinchenko - Yaya - Gundogan - Diaz

48 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Guardiola goads Neville

The Spaniard sought to draw a line under the controversy on Friday, stating: “We have enough players for 18 (in the squad) this week so Gary Neville will be happy.” :rofl:

Gary Neville was a part of a coaching team that had Harry Kane taking corners and lost to Iceland. I think there's a lot he can learn from Pep.

• Subscriber

Mahrez available, but I actually don't want him starting, and I don't think he will either. Unless we were prepared all along for him returning Friday then fair enough, but if he's decided earlier on that he can start then it isn't fair on the manager or other players who will have already prepared without him.

I reckon have him on the bench and bring him on for Diabate once we're 3 up.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

Mahrez available, but I actually don't want him starting, and I don't think he will either. Unless we were prepared all along for him returning Friday then fair enough, but if he's decided earlier on that he can start then it isn't fair on the manager or other players who will have already prepared without him.

I reckon have him on the bench and bring him on for Diabate once we're 3 up.

He probably just wants a good face to face chat with Pep and see where he is for the summer    ...as for us, Silva will be on the bench with Gundogan starting and Jesus will be back in a week or two with Sane not far behind

• Subscriber

I think our formation is...

Schmeichel

Maguire - Dragovic - Fuchs

Albrighton - Silva - Ndidi - James - Chilwell

Diabate - Vardy

I quite like that. Fuchs worries me a bit but it's got a nice balance. No Mahrez starting but I don't know how he could've done in all honesty. He's on the bench though.

• Subscriber

We've played well here. I think we started very badly but we've really grown into it as the game's gone on. I still think we'll lose but we've grown into it. I really like Dragovic and Diabate.

• The title was changed to Saturday 10th February - Man City 5-1 Leicester
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived